Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

17 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

It all boils down to this: Providing Liverpool don't beat United, we can play out an agreed draw with Chelsea which will ensure us and them will finish 3rd and 4th regardless.

Still hope we smash them.

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

If a full strength Man United now go and beat Liverpool - preferably by a big margin - the Klopp interview will be priceless.

I don’t think I can bear to watch that game - tonight’s has totally drained me (especially the last ten minutes after the Choudhury substitution) - but I’ll definitely be tuning in post match if United win...

Great victory tonight and the table looks great, but there is still work to do. A Liverpool loss on Thursday though makes the task considerably easier...

If Liverpool lose in Thursday am I correct in thinking we just need a point?

• Like 1

Feel like I've just taken a very satisfying poo after queueing for the bathroom for 93 minutes.

45 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know whether Man Utd were bothered in that second half but I couldn't give a shit. ****ing huge win. I haven't worked out if possible but hopefully we and Chelsea can play a 0-0 to suit us both. 

Ndidi superb in the second half. Along with Tielemans and Iheanacho dropping deep was great. Not our best by any means but job done. 

No thank you! I'm still firmly in the 'balls to the ESL' camp and would be delighted if we beat them twice to help ruin their season. That's partially reliant on Arsenal doing something against them, sure, but now our comparable position to them looks healthier, I would love it if we can somehow give West Ham a leg-up to take 4th at their expense.

Man Utd still have their part of the bargain to honour in their rescheduled match against the Scousers, which I like to believe they'll be more up for than they were today.

If we can emulate our second-half performance against them, we are capable of beating Chelsea. Twice. We're back in control of not only our own destiny, but that of others, after today's cracking result. Proud of the boys. :wub:

EDIT - Another big reason to go for the win in the league game against Chelsea - just imagine the prospect of a no-pressure season closer, in front of our fans, with UCL secured and the FA Cup being paraded at full time! 

:brendan:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gerblod said:

You're one goal away from a useless draw - with Cavani, Rashford and Fernandes waiting to catch you by the balls and you call that "comfortable".

I agree that the defensive sub wasn't a good move - that Vardy pressures their defence by his presence alone, but calling it mental and stating he's got no balls is an insult to the guy.

As for it being a poor overall performance - you're in a minority of one with that summation. Maybe the first half was mediocre, but just consider how high the stakes were. Second-half was an excellent performance - with N'Didi outstanding and Tielemans not so far behind. If they can reproduce that level on Saturday Chelsea will have a hell of a job on their hands.

A minority of 2 I'm afraid. We did little to break down a 2nd string It'd defence and won on a set piece.

Delighted with the win, and it's all that matters. I'm just hoping a say that 3 more times this season, because we don't seem to have a good performance left in us. 

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hit me with it. If we continue to play the same way again in the next 3 we'll be lucky to get a draw.

I love the big picture and long term thinking. It's infinitely better than short term reactionary thinking :D

I think you're playing a lot of the devil's advocate/reverse psychology card, so I'll politely decline :) 

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

A minority of 2 I'm afraid. We did little to break down a 2nd string It'd defence and won on a set piece.

Delighted with the win, and it's all that matters. I'm just hoping a say that 3 more times this season, because we don't seem to have a good performance left in us. 

I really hope they have been saving it for Saturday. We’ve played attrition football for far too long now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AYLESBURY FOX 1961 said:

wow im so pissed i can barely type - thats auto corrected 3 times now - f it - pls f=god can we jsu beat chels on saturdat - im 60 NS QOULD LIKE AN FA CUP WIN BEFORE I DIE£

Me too🙏

4 minutes ago, shen said:

Dude, you of all people in the match thread really need to eat a bit of humble pie. You couldn't stop yourself from overly criticising Rodgers, with the last of the quoted posts especially embarrassing. It would suit you to give a bit of praise to a team and manager that together are odds on for the second-best finish in our PL history (besting last year's performance), have reached a FA Cup final for the first time in over 50 years and have won at OT for the first time in 23 years.

We're all entitled to our opinion and voicing it, but I really wonder how someone can be as negative as you under these circumstances.

Rodgers got it right in the second half, as he has done the majority of the games this season and it's why we have the 2nd best points rescued from losing situations. Why are we getting into that position so often though?

I stand by every comment I made in the match thread. He went ultra negative the moment he had something to hold onto.

I think we were favourite for every FA Cup match, although I gave him credit for playing strong teams early doors in the cup when a lot of people complained that he wasn't rotating the squads.

I think we're doing about as well as we should be. I'm not going to get carried away about us beating a team that was full of reserves, geriatrics and babies. I'm glad we won as I think champions league qualification is imperative this season while Liverpool and Spurs are under performing. Another season we'd be battling for 6th or 7th, which is fine. For me, this squad should be picking up 65-70 points a season on average.

If you think Rodgers is getting the best out of the team and we couldn't possibly be playing any better then fair enough. For me he's a bit too cautious when there's something to lose and it's just not a quality I like in a manager. It's a personal preference, I adore high energy attacking football and hate slow, defensive safety first football. Those first 8 or so months under Rodgers were a joy to behold.

I'm buzzing we've won as it takes us a step closer to champions league football and a real chance to add some much needed quality in depth to the squad to make us a 75 points a season team. I'm not enamoured with the way we're going about it and the constant requirement for massive second half performances and individual bits of quality being required to bail us out after a tame performance.

If we start as slowly as we have done the past 6 or 7 games, Chelsea will be out of sight before half time. I don't want that, it's a massive game and I want us fighting for every ball and showing a proper belief that we can attack and score goals. If we lose to the better team having shown some guts and effort I'll have no complaints and will be praising the lads. If we come out and show them too much respect and barely lay a glove on them, I'll be gutted.

Either way, I've got an all dayer planned on Saturday and my phone will be out of battery come kick off, so you'll all be spared my negative comments :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Can honestly say that its been a long time since my arse has been quite so clenched for quite so long a time....

Well done chaps. Onwards and upwards

I agree. 

And I was a sailor for 10 years...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

If you think Rodgers is getting the best out of the team and we couldn't possibly be playing any better then fair enough. For me he's a bit too cautious when there's something to lose and it's just not a quality I like in a manager. It's a personal preference, I adore high energy attacking football and hate slow, defensive safety first football. Those first 8 or so months under Rodgers were a joy to behold.

I don't think anyone could disagree fella - but at that point there was zero pressure. I think one must take into account circumstances, and also that he's trying to prevent what happened last year happening again. Absolutely defend your right to express how uncomfortable you are with it, but, by luck or good judgement, it got the desired result today. And really, who amongst us expected that?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I reckon when Chelsea drew with Spurs all the talk was about our league win. Lets not get arsey about nothing.

True but us winning the League with a team that cost £23 million in total was a way bigger story than Man City buying their way to yet another title. 

6 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

The missus fancied a bit of the good stuff at 6 o'clock and I've only just finished. 

What happened? 

Something that, for a short while, feels great. But will probably end in disappointment and dissatisfaction. So not much :thumbup:

• Haha 1