Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Shamomoa said:

I didnt even know who amad was before today! 37 million? When was this?

It was one of their last minute buys to appease their fans when they didn't get Sancho. Van der Beek was another and there was one more as well that I can't remember  

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

No problem with them discussing Man City as champions. It's quite clearly the bigger occasion. 

Imagine if they spoke about Chelsea vs Spurs in 2016 when we won the league lol

Totally comparable. The plucky little  underdogs have won (ahem we won it for them) only their 4th title in 5 years, having finished as far back as 2nd in the remaining year. A massive victory for football!

27 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yes, but Tottenham can't.

If all those 4 overtook us (mathematically possible but highly unlikely), we'd finish 7th - and be in the Euro-Conference thing (final European qualifying place).

Really not interested in the Euro Conference. Europa is bad enough. Does the FA cup give a Europa place? If so, would we qualify even if we lose it? 

1 minute ago, enmac said:

Really not interested in the Euro Conference. Europa is bad enough. Does the FA cup give a Europa place? If so, would we qualify even if we lose it? 

The FA Cup still gives a Europa League place, I believe, but only if you win it now? Someone else may confirm....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'd bet the mortgage Evans will take a pain killing injection for Saturday. 

....would rather keep a back four!!!

We looked like we had started to understand each other in the second half and confidence began to flow, suddenly players started to believe in themselves and each other. The partnership of Fofana and Soyuncu can only grow and will be the future, having Evans on the bench is a good option.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, enmac said:

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

The FA Cup still gives a Europa League place, I believe, but only if you win it now? Someone else may confirm....

Correct 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It might have been mentioned already, but there really is something brilliant about little old Leicester edging closer to being amongst Europe's elite competition after benefitting from Man United being weakened because of their fan protests against the ESL/Glazers who were the very same people who were trying to stop us from being amongst them all to start with.

• Like 3

Avoided this place until the final whistle as I just knew there would be a meltdown if we weren't 3-0 up inside 10 minutes! 

Thought it was a nervous side vs a young rusty side first half, but we came out much stronger in the 2nd and N'didi for me had a fantastic role in that. 

It was far from a vintage performance but I don't care who you are, pressure gets to everyone and you need experience in dealing with it. This result was huge in beginning to shake that monkey off our back. We still have a job to do and I would hate to go into that Spurs game needing a result, because they still have game winners in their squad. 

But really fancy Man U to have too much for Liverpool's defence and win that. Nearly there boys but typical Leicester, there could be another squeaky bum moment to come. Hang on in there :scarf:

Just now, shen said:

Honestly, if they were hungrier and faster than us, it puts it into even better light that we restricted them to 4 shots and just one target. Not sure how you are able to turn that performance into a negative for us.

I'm not turning it into a negative, just commenting on how I saw it. Utd looked faster and more determined. Maybe I should have mentioned 1st half only. We eventually got warmed up but not many opposition will let us get away with it. Newcastle didn't and I don't think Chelsea will. 

48 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

GET IN THE BIN!

Mods, have a word...:P

Have a word..?? !! Throw the Bloody Encyclopedia-Britannica at him...

But ssshhh I bet he as already put on a cheeky 5000/1 bet on...

All the negativity and doom mongers and nay sayers need to be banned from match threads. Constructive criticism is fine but blowing us off after 16 mins is unreasonable and stupid. Wait for the result then criticise if you feel the need

• Like 3