Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Quite an odd match. Both seems to be playing quite pedestrian stuff for much of the time. We improved in the second half but we were by no means on fire and seemed to be well within ourselves.

Tielemans man of the match for me, he was our only creative force and also immense at the back. To think he has played every match (I think) this season when last season he was usually blowing around 70 minutes and seemed generally unfit.

Great to get the win and get the monkey off our back before the FA Cup. I’m just going to enjoy the match on Saturday, if we win we win, if we don’t we don’t, hopefully the lads can secure Champions League and we can recover and strengthen in the summer after a crazy season and half of football under very strange circumstances.

COYF :scarf:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Oh come on, no way do you even believe that shit 😀

I do I swear. We weren’t great at all but I wasn’t worried. We weren’t  a few goals down like we were to Newcastle so I was feeling lucky. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They can get 67

a draw gets us 67

Likely they would just finish above us on GD 

They have 57. They if they lose on Thursday. They have 3 games that takes them to 66? Or am i missing something my brain is very tired today!

• Like 4

Just now, teblin said:

They have 57. They if they lose on Thursday. They have 3 games that takes them to 66? Or am i missing something my brain is very tired today!

Nope you are right, if Man U beat them, they can only go level on points with us 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Evans wont be fit with that issue but an injection could get him through the game and they may well decide to do that at this time in the season.Its just incredibly painful and takes forever to mend.

I'd bet the mortgage Evans will take a pain killing injection for Saturday. 

Liverpool will be right up for the match on Thursday though, they'll be viewing it as basically their cup final with the 2 games following it.  Don't expect Man Utd to win it.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Liverpool will be right up for the match on Thursday though, they'll be viewing it as basically their cup final with the 2 games following it.  Don't expect Man Utd to win it.

I’m sure Man U will be up for it too... could be like a cup game, I would take a draw

9 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Evans wont be fit with that issue but an injection could get him through the game and they may well decide to do that at this time in the season.Its just incredibly painful and takes forever to mend.

does he have a plantar fasciitis injury? 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m sure Man U will be up for it too... could be like a cup game, I would take a draw

A draw would be nice of course, I'll take any help we can get, just not getting my hopes up.

36 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

A minority of 2 I'm afraid. We did little to break down a 2nd string It'd defence and won on a set piece.

Delighted with the win, and it's all that matters. I'm just hoping a say that 3 more times this season, because we don't seem to have a good performance left in us. 

It wasn’t that long ago we were criticised by never scoring from set pieces!

Wasn't vintage Leicester but as you say delighted with the win.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The last 15 minutes I noticed myself in an upright foetal position clinging onto a blanket.

This ****ing club man. :D

Spent pretty much the entire second half hiding behind a cushion like a 5 year old watching doctor who 

• Like 2

Wasn't pretty but we pretty much dominated the 2nd half. For a short period it reminded me of Man City when they played us at our place, United couldn't get to the halfway line. 

Their 2nd string team or not, we were the much better team and dominated them on their own patch, not many teams can say that about playing united away.

I do think if that game didn't have so much riding on it, opinions of the performance would be a lot different. The nerves are clouding some judgement