Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, filbertway said:

I'm very happy about the win :D disappointed in the performance, aside from 20 mins in the seconds half it was very tame stuff.

I think there's a bigger picture to notice if you stand back a little. Please don't take offence, it is meant in a good spirit.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Poor to watch but at least they found a win… really fed up of tikka takka sideways passing. I get the need to recycle the ball, you can’t always go forward, but try sometimes… the amount of runs in behind and we chose a safe pass over and over again 

Yeh! we need to hoof the ball more, we might have won then. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Don’t get upset about it, we’ve managed to benefit from the fact that he’s basically one of the most obsessive Man United fans going, so obsessed with history and tradition that he’d happily play a reserve team today to spite Liverpool.

Ferguson spent 20 odd years raising them to a level above anything else we’ve really seen in this country that consistently, the pinnacle, the best, hated because they were just that ****ing good - only for that little troll to sacrifice handing Man City the league title just so the scousers struggle to get top 4, all whilst not having won the league since Sir Al retired, not even really getting close. That’s some ****ing fall from grace that. 

Start playing the champions league anthem we're going on a European Tour, sounded like slightly improved performance in that second half. Now it's time to go to London and pick up our Trophy and bring back to the midlands and put on the mantle!  

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think there's a bigger picture to notice if you stand back a little. Please don't take offence, it is meant in a good spirit.

Hit me with it. If we continue to play the same way again in the next 3 we'll be lucky to get a draw.

I love the big picture and long term thinking. It's infinitely better than short term reactionary thinking :D

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Congratulations, and thanks for tonight (from a Manchester City fan). Smacked us early this season, and thoroughly deserve to finish in the top 4 - best of luck with making that happen.

And, of course, I hope you win on Saturday as well. 

I live not far from the area - have a mate who lives in Ancoats/ Bradford area. Congratulations and good luck in the Champs League. 

If a full strength Man United now go and beat Liverpool - preferably by a big margin - the Klopp interview will be priceless.

I don’t think I can bear to watch that game - tonight’s has totally drained me (especially the last ten minutes after the Choudhury substitution) - but I’ll definitely be tuning in post match if United win...

Great victory tonight and the table looks great, but there is still work to do. A Liverpool loss on Thursday though makes the task considerably easier...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

2-1 up, absolutely comfortable, United haven't laid a glove on us, chances to score a few more. Rodgers decides to invite 15 minutes of pressure on with a negative sub. It's mental and totally unnecessary, absolutely no balls.

Don't let the 3 points mask the overall performance otherwise you're going to be in for a hell of a shock on Saturday :D

You're one goal away from a useless draw - with Cavani, Rashford and Fernandes waiting to catch you by the balls and you call that "comfortable".

I agree that the defensive sub wasn't a good move - that Vardy pressures their defence by his presence alone, but calling it mental and stating he's got no balls is an insult to the guy.

As for it being a poor overall performance - you're in a minority of one with that summation. Maybe the first half was mediocre, but just consider how high the stakes were. Second-half was an excellent performance - with N'Didi outstanding and Tielemans not so far behind. If they can reproduce that level on Saturday Chelsea will have a hell of a job on their hands.

• Like 4