Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Whatever it is I hope it 's insignificant to what is rumoured about Gylfi Sigurdsson. :o

ffs no more rumours people aren’t explaining 🤦‍♂️ if anyone would care to explain either it would be much appreciated 

God knows how he could fool around with those girls while on a training break. Stunning model girlfriend in the UK who's pregnant with their child. Grow up madders, do the right thing and fly home to be with her and use Seagrave instead. 

I bet the story is that he's impregnated one of them with triplets. Take the match balls in your pants home mate 👏

1 hour ago, Foxes04 said:

ffs no more rumours people aren’t explaining 🤦‍♂️ if anyone would care to explain either it would be much appreciated 

If this actually worked I'm up for some of that. I can trade on the last rumour which never got published but was amazing entertainment value

6 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

Why tf are the moderators impeding on freedom of speech now? Someone point out where I said something offensive. Last I checked, it wasn't against the guidelines. 

Perhaps it might have something to do with discussing a potentially damaging rumour that at the moment has no substance… these are open forums, only takes the wrong person to see the topic and then start writing stuff….

Seems silly, but if that was to happen and Madders has actually done nothing wrong, cold be damaging for the lad. There’s nothing to suggest he’s done anything at all, other than some Chinese whispers. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Perhaps it might have something to do with discussing a potentially damaging rumour that at the moment has no substance… these are open forums, only takes the wrong person to see the topic and then start writing stuff….

Seems silly, but if that was to happen and Madders has actually done nothing wrong, cold be damaging for the lad. There’s nothing to suggest he’s done anything at all, other than some Chinese whispers. 

Chinese eh?

Well the rumours I heard did involve a wet market.

8 hours ago, UHDrive said:

God knows how he could fool around with those girls while on a training break. Stunning model girlfriend in the UK who's pregnant with their child. Grow up madders, do the right thing and fly home to be with her and use Seagrave instead. 

I bet the story is that he's impregnated one of them with triplets. Take the match balls in your pants home mate 👏

Just because she's stunning, doesn't mean he loves her. Plenty of high profile divorces and so forth over the years where one party was stunning. In my eyes - he can shag who he wants, so long as it's consensual. He may love his girlfriend and child. Not really our place to judge. It's his life and it stays private. 

• Like 2

Surely if there is a potentially damaging story about Madders that the club are aware of, there is a fairly decent chance that potential suitors will be aware of the situation, albeit not necessarily aware of the details. Clubs/managers have contacts with favoured journo’s etc so wouldn’t be difficult for Arsenal etc to be made aware of potential trouble in the camp and that he may well be available.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if any of this is true that our valuation may well be lower than has been reported. 

20 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Just because she's stunning, doesn't mean he loves her. Plenty of high profile divorces and so forth over the years where one party was stunning. In my eyes - he can shag who he wants, so long as it's consensual. He may love his girlfriend and child. Not really our place to judge. It's his life and it stays private. 

How depressing if thats your take.

He is old enough to have some moral decency and not act like a degenerate given he is due to start a family with his partner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

He is old enough to have some moral decency and not act like a degenerate given he is due to start a family with his partner.

I think the point is that IF there is a story about Maddison out there, and if it’s merely about him shagging around, that would hardly affect his career. It might affect what you think of him as a person, but it’s a purely personal matter, not something that the club - or police - would take action over. I should add that I have absolutely no idea whether the rumours are merely about him cheating on his partner or something more serious.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

As Clapham pointed out - it doesn't affect his career. You can be bothered by it but "degenerate" really is not apt for this. However, I would qualify that by stating I've worked in social care, education and NHS.

Multi millionaire 24 year old having a shag on holiday is pretty far down my list as to what is deplorable behaviour. We also don't know the dynamics of their relationship - they may be open, for all we know. I know at least 3 married couples who have open relationships. It's not for everyone but they're happy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

As Clapham pointed out - it doesn't affect his career. You can be bothered by it but "degenerate" really is not apt for this. However, I would qualify that by stating I've worked in social care, education and NHS.

Multi millionaire 24 year old having a shag on holiday is pretty far down my list as to what is deplorable behaviour. We also don't know the dynamics of their relationship - they may be open, for all we know. I know at least 3 married couples who have open relationships. It's not for everyone but they're happy.

Without wanting to drag the thread further away from any actual transfer news, it's easier to just say we both have differing views and leave it there👍

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Of course, none of us know the background to Maddison's situation or the ins and outs of his relationship (s). I suspect he is struggling with certain things.  Seemingly, he may have put himself in a very difficult position.  I wonder where he is in terms of his mental health.

I would not be surprised if people who are critical (and those who aren't) have indulged in some apparently questionable behaviour in their time.

One person Maddison has to answer to is himself.  He clearly has others he needs to consider too.  Some of his past behaviours suggest he is often  well intentioned.

Hopefully he has done  nothing so extreme that is unforgivable.  Fans have forgiven players before (for domestic violence, deplorable as it is, for instance).

I want to see him contributing on the pitch for Leicester.   His private life should be no concern of mine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

But are both parties dating around? The amount of times an arrangement like this breaks down because the partner who didn't suggest it starts seeing other people too lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Of course, none of us know the background to Maddison's situation or the ins and outs of his relationship (s). I suspect he is struggling with certain things.  Seemingly, he may have put himself in a very difficult position.  I wonder where he is in terms of his mental health.

I would not be surprised if people who are critical (and those who aren't) have indulged in some apparently questionable behaviour in their time.

One person Maddison has to answer to is himself.  He clearly has others he needs to consider too.  Some of his past behaviours suggest he is often  well intentioned.

Hopefully he has done  nothing so extreme that is unforgivable.  Fans have forgiven players before (for domestic violence, deplorable as it is, for instance).

I want to see him contributing on the pitch for Leicester.   His private life should be no concern of mine.

You've picked up on something really important here...his mental health/ wellbeing. Whilst we can only go off what we see on the pitch and in interviews and so we could be way off in our interpretation, there does seem to have been a marked change in his behaviour lately, and I wonder if him struggling with his injuries and therefore not progressing as he'd have expected to is really effecting his mental health 🤔 I hope he's being looked after in that regard by the club...

19 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Do you have their contact details?

Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

Players play football because of their ability to kick a bag of wind around, not because they are great people or have high moral standards.

I don't get the need to judge every aspect of their life from who they shag, to what they wear, to where they holiday.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Players play football because of their ability to kick a bag of wind around, not because they are great people or have high moral standards.

I don't get the need to judge every aspect of their life from who they shag, to what they wear, to where they holiday.

Issue of today's society is because people hold them in such high regards, they're expected to be these perfect role models. 

Some absolutely are brilliant role models, Rashford for instance, others should be appreciated for their skills on the pitch and not the standards they hold themselves to off of it.

Maddison is no doubt a bit of a twat off the pitch, but as long as he doesn't cross a line off of it and bring the club into disrespect, we can all support him when he crosses the white line onto the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AmyLGK said:

You've picked up on something really important here...his mental health/ wellbeing. Whilst we can only go off what we see on the pitch and in interviews and so we could be way off in our interpretation, there does seem to have been a marked change in his behaviour lately, and I wonder if him struggling with his injuries and therefore not progressing as he'd have expected to is really effecting his mental health 🤔 I hope he's being looked after in that regard by the club...

Yep none of us know anything about the situation and those judging already should perhaps shove their moral compass. He’ll have to deal with his own mistakes, it’s really non of our business and who are any of us to judge, I was young and stupid once. 

if he’s did anything that makes his position untenable then the club will deal with that situation too, so could very well be off but hopefully the press and our own fans don’t make it into a circus akin to audience at the Jerry Springer show. 

• Like 1