Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

35 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Love this bloke when he’s like this. Just wish one of his advisors would have a word when it’s not going for him about the shit he does off the field. I know he’s trying to build a brand and good luck with that. It’s a short career and he needs to, but dialling it back at times can help with getting confidence back too because your own fans will back you all the way. Have to remember the last goal came before a covid party, dicking around in the off-season and multiple adverts in poor taste. 

You can help yourself and hinder yourself. Hope this is him back to his best so it’s all behind him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Love this bloke when he’s like this. Just wish one of his advisors would have a word when it’s not going for him about the shit he does off the field. I know he’s trying to build a brand and good luck with that. It’s a short career and he needs to, but dialling it back at times can help with getting confidence back too because your own fans will back you all the way. Have to remember the last goal came before a covid party, dicking around in the off-season and multiple adverts in poor taste. 

You can help yourself and hinder yourself. Hope this is him back to his best so it’s all behind him.

I don't agree with this to be honest.

Let him manage his off-field things however he wants. I don't think it has a bearing on his play. Like in recent weeks - he's probably still doing his off-field stuff (even with a baby) but now he's back in form?

So it can't work both ways surely?

• Like 2

Just now, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We hammered a team in the first half that finished in the top five last season. They didn't have anything apart from a moment of luck or quality.

"Tielemans is very good, but he's not even scoring that 10 out of 100 times.

"We deserved to win."

16:02

Said similar against Chelsea, I actually clipped it I was that shocked. The guy is a prik 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hope people take notice of this.

People have his persona all over the place. 

Agree, The very last sentence “there’s more that goes on than going out and playing easily” hopefully will ring out to those match day thread warriors that are on the keyboard as soon as there’s a stray pass.

I’m sure they believe these players have a switch on their backs linked to their FIFA score and it’s switched as soon as they cross the white line and then switched off as they cross back over and put back in their virtual box until the next game.

• Like 4

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

I don’t think that was as shithouse as people make out. They didn’t really test Schmeichel and we were more clinical. 

They had no real creativity in open play, just set pieces looked troubling. Only one set of shithouses was then all game just trying to throw their weight about, even had one Brentford fan shout at me on way to station "you should be ashamed of your team"

Promotion clearly given them delusions of grandeur!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't agree with this to be honest.

Let him manage his off-field things however he wants. I don't think it has a bearing on his play. Like in recent weeks - he's probably still doing his off-field stuff (even with a baby) but now he's back in form?

So it can't work both ways surely?

Just think it can’t help getting swathes of messages calling you out after various adverts etc. Comment was made yesterday on BBC about Steve Bruce that he should have just ‘switched off his phone, radio etc’ in response to criticism and Dixon said in the footballing world that’s absolutely impossible. The criticism always finds you.

It invites unnecessary pressure on top of performances imo. 

Again, glad if this is him coming through it.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We hammered a team in the first half that finished in the top five last season. They didn't have anything apart from a moment of luck or quality.

"We deserved to win."

What a sore loser. A few good performances and suddenly anyone that beats them are just lucky. Behave Thomas. Brentford will be humbled when their players are burnt out by January.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Said similar against Chelsea, I actually clipped it I was that shocked. The guy is a prik 

That’s a bit unexpected from him - I thought he was quite realistic and respectful to opposition teams in the past - must have acquired billy big b*****ks syndrome since they got into the premier 

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We deserved to win."

Well what happened in the second half? Multiple chances for us 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We deserved to win."

You can lose a 0 Thomas, 1 out of 10 

Keep reading about how good Brentford were. Well, I was in the ground, so wasn't influenced by a biased commentary, and let me tell you Brentford were exactly what I expected, a huff and puff Championship team trying to compete with an established Premier League outfit. How we let them score I do not know, and 2nd half our front 2-3 ran them ragged. We deserved our win, no shithousery involved. Or was my judgement clouded by the dodgy beer we were on?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We deserved to win."

Phew, Glad I wasn’t being overly sensitive to his interview as I thought he was being quite disrespectful towards us really.

He’s new to the league but when asked do you see the gap between championship and premiership (however it was worded) he replied no goes on to say how they should have won missing what the interviewer was aiming at, that if you give half a chance in the prem you’ll be punished which they were, hopefully he’ll learn and not become a Klopp clone.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Webbo said:

45 minutes ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

Without a doubt one of the most insightful interviews I've heard, not an ounce of arrogance in the man and kudos for him for smashing it this week

Maddison has always been able to deliver these interviews, it's not something new. He's very good at it. 

He certainly wasn't evaluating his performance when he was in that covid lockdown party hiding in the dark. 

Less of the talk in my opinion and he'll win over people by staying out of the press for the wrong reasons and putting in some good performances consistently over a whole season. 

• Haha 1

As Fulham found out last season, if you don't create and take chances ,you are in trouble. Brentford are a decent team but the strikers have got to step up. Mitrovic fired blanks all last season and now once again is smashing the championship. That need to react quicker in the PL finds a lot of strikers out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

As Fulham found out last season, if you don't create and take chances ,you are in trouble. Brentford are a decent team but the strikers have got to step up. Mitrovic fired blanks all last season and now once again is smashing the championship. That need to react quicker in the PL finds a lot of strikers out.

Exactly, Toney has been getting brown nosed but has he scored from open play yet this season in the Prem?

1st half they were good but we were far the better team 2nd half and we had them at arms length once we regained the lead. 

After spanking United and then travelling all the way to Moscow and winning and then coming back and travelling to London and winning again, against a really good side, its been a fantastic week for us and is exactly what we needed. We would have been tired after putting so much into the previous 2 games as well as the long travel to Moscow, and Brentford isn't the type of team you want to play when you are tired. Full credit to Brendan and the lads though, the key thing is keep winning and building momentum. Some times we will win and look great and others it will be scrappy and cagey like today but a win is a win and we are into the top 10 and only 3 points off 4th place! 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We deserved to win."

.. we ask for managers to stop rolling out the same old platitudes!!!

Like his passion and you know he wants the best for his club. Nice to hear an opinion which is honest even though it can very much be perceived as sour grapes. 

You never know, somewhere down the line he could be leading us, and saying the very same thing and we will all back him for every word he says. 

• Like 1