Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Great performance, everyone gets 10 out of 10. Happy now? 

No need to be a prat, nobody is asking for extremes, your original comment was plain daft, that's all.

4 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

I am surprised though by those fans who think we should be beating Brentford easily just because they are a newly promoted team. This is a team that look dangerous in every game they have played this season, beaten West Ham and Arsenal, drew with Liverpool and were very unlucky not to get a result against Chelsea.

Sounds a bit arrogant and entitled doesn't it. Or maybe they're a bit deluded about how football actually works.

• Like 3

Just watched our segment on MOTD and Wroght saying they gotta take their chances yet the post match analysis didn’t show any! I’m thinking what chances are they talking about? The Toney header where’s he done well but don’t underestimate how well Amartey did there, he was right with him. Other than that I can’t think of another? We made some great moves and created some good chances in that second half which for whatever reason wasn’t shown on the highlights.

Oh and XG was very similar. There were something like 1.05 and we were around 0.95. Get out your arse Frank.

• Like 2

The most reassuring thing about yesterday was the amount of grit and team work shown. Once we’ve got that second, I felt that’s the hardest we’ve worked off the ball in a long time. Winning the second balls, making challenges and helping each other out. A marked improvement in comparison to the start of the season where everything looked not quite right 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

No need to be a prat, nobody is asking for extremes, your original comment was plain daft, that's all.

Sounds a bit arrogant and entitled doesn't it. Or maybe they're a bit deluded about how football actually works.

They were better than us. They dominated possession and created more clear chances didn't say I expected us to go there and win 5-0. I just thought we should have shown more. I'm baffled as to why you think it reeks of entitlement. Credit to Brentford, but as I said we didn't show enough. And I appreciate we played mid week on Europe, and they dominated Chelsea last week and all those things. 

• Haha 1

I liked that

We won 3 on the bounce 

Vestergard looked tidier

Madders looked sharper and touch wood long may that continue

Daka's team work and selflessness 

We had some grit about us

Spurs and Manu lost

There's something about Brentford. Very pleasing addition to the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

They were better than us. They dominated possession and created more clear chances didn't say I expected us to go there and win 5-0. I just thought we should have shown more. I'm baffled as to why you think it reeks of entitlement. Credit to Brentford, but as I said we didn't show enough. And I appreciate we played mid week on Europe, and they dominated Chelsea last week and all those things. 

Well, they clearly were not better as they lost?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I liked that

We won 3 on the bounce 

Vestergard looked tidier

Madders looked sharper and touch wood long may that continue

Daka's team work and selflessness 

We had some grit about us

Spurs and Manu lost

There's something about Brentford. Very pleasing addition to the league.

Just a big shame their Coach talks without thinking how it is going to sound to non-Brentford fans.  His post match comments were, at times very ungracious. He must realize possession and chances mean f+ck all in the EPL.  Make mistakes and you invariable get punished. 

His comments on Youri's goal were particularly sour.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Well, they clearly were not better as they lost?

Sometimes the better team loses. Its football.  Thry didn't batter us like Thomas Frank suggested but they were better. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Koke said:

Sometimes the better team loses. Its football.  Thry didn't batter us like Thomas Frank suggested but they were better. 

Unfortunately for Brentford coming into this league, beavering away doesn’t always mean you’ll win games. Our approach was similar to the palace game, only we got it right yesterday. Chelsea did the same the other week.

What some folk have to remember is Brentford don’t have the same volume of fixtures we have, so away from home, sandwiched in between a run of cup games we’re likely to slightly tweak the way we play, so allow the opposition a little more of the ball with a view to taking our chances when they come. 

Watching the extended highlights back, we were decent, it was a solid away performance, we took our chances when they came, and a lot of Brentford’s efforts were hurried or miss-hit.

I like Brentford, but they need to be very careful they don’t burn themselves out. 

I was happy with the performance, it was a decent away day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

It seems very similar to the great escape season. We played well pretty much every week but kept losing. There comes a point where the result is more important. I watched the game in full and I felt it was pretty even. Given we were the away team and that we played mid week in Europe (and that we haven’t had the best start due to injuries) I was pretty happy with the game and the performance. I never really felt worried at any point that we wouldn’t win. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Exactly.  Preposterous to suggest that winning automatically means you were better.  But that said, it wasn’t exactly a battering yesterday.  They were better on the whole but the second half was basically a wash, and they didn’t create all that many real chances for all their possession in our half.

Watching the BBC Breakfast programme (Dan Walker & Sally Nugent), I was reminded how trite and trivial their reporting has become - sport and generally.

Man Utd's dire display yesterday led the footy roundup. Obviously, according to the reporter, it's vitally important as to what Yanited do about this crisis - yet whoever put together this tripe should have looked at the Beeb's own comments page, where thousands had taken the opportunity to ridicule Ole's 'team' of nowhere men and exult in their latest debacle.

West Ham beating Spurs was next up - well, it's London so anything that happens in London gets priority.

Then, the afterthought - City. The video clip actually showed Madders stroking his goal in. There was no footage of Youri's incredible strike, nor mention of his pivotal involvement in the game (which had been highlighted on MotD). 

Whoever put this toss together needs a quiet word from someone who understands that football is the national game - not just a game played in Lancashire and London.

16 hours ago, Line-X said:

It wasn't though was it. Once we got the second Brentford became ever more desperate. Out went the methodical press, the control of the midfield and the fluid calculating attacking moves and as we exerted more influence on the game, they began hoofing it long.

I'm amazed how surprised some members of this forum were by their performance today. They move the ball quickly, press well and play attractive positive football. They've been a pleasure to watch over the last two years. This was always going to be a tricky fixture and yes, one that needed to be ground out but I thought we really came into the game in the second half. As per usual, some of the comments in the match day thread were absurd. It's the same people every time. 

I thought it was. 

1 minute ago, gerblod said:

Watching the BBC Breakfast programme (Dan Walker & Sally Nugent), I was reminded how trite and trivial their reporting has become - sport and generally.

Man Utd's dire display yesterday led the footy roundup. Obviously, according to the reporter, it's vitally important as to what Yanited do about this crisis - yet whoever put together this tripe should have looked at the Beeb's own comments page, where thousands had taken the opportunity to ridicule Ole's 'team' of nowhere men and exult in their latest debacle.

West Ham beating Spurs was next up - well, it's London so anything that happens in London gets priority.

Then, the afterthought - City. The video clip actually showed Madders stroking his goal in. There was no footage of Youri's incredible strike, nor mention of his pivotal involvement in the game (which had been highlighted on MotD). 

Whoever put this toss together needs a quiet word from someone who understands that football is the national game - not just a game played in Lancashire and London.

Or, dear man, you could relax and not worry too much about it :) 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

A Leicester City branded one at that lol 

I think the club should give them away one match, just for the 100+ pages irate thread it will generate on here lol 

I had a foam finger at the Blackburn playoff final and a hat that gave me eczema. They should bring them back, great for the game 😂😂

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's absolutely no place for this in the game, it needs to be stamped out. Very unsavoury. If this is the commercial global growth we crave then I'd rather we be back in League One. I feel sick.

We should organise an emergency shirt lif...sorry...shirt airlift for these enthusiastically loyal but inappropriately clad fans in the outer reaches of our global empire.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's absolutely no place for this in the game, it needs to be stamped out. Very unsavoury. If this is the commercial global growth we crave then I'd rather we be back in League One. I feel sick.

Looks a bit staged, especially the bloke at the front. It's as if the camera told them to act excited if they wanted to be on the telly. 

I'm usually in the pessimistic part of camp when it comes to our club, but I feel like I watched a different game yesterday to that of a number of people on here and certainly the pundits involved.

There's no doubting that Brentford were the better side prior to Tielemans' strike. However, beyond that we managed the game perfectly well I thought. Yes we didn't create a huge amount of chances, but we also weren't really threatened a huge amount either from memory. Their equaliser came from a corner which we could and should have defended better (again), but it didn't feel like a 'that was coming' moment, maybe that's just me. Following that they had a little more possession, but again no real cutting edge. Janssen had a decent chance, but I'm fairly confident it would have been ruled out for a shove on Evans anyway. We then took our big chance, which we worked very well, and they struggled to muster anything of note beyond that (even with the additional stoppage time). It certainly wasn't the barrage that they unleashed on Chelsea the week before. 

We can certainly go up a couple more gears (I hope) and there's still a few players who aren't quite there, but it very much feels like we're starting to get back to some sort of rhythm. 

• Like 3