Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

42 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We hammered a team in the first half that finished in the top five last season. They didn't have anything apart from a moment of luck or quality.

"Tielemans is very good, but he's not even scoring that 10 out of 100 times.

"We deserved to win."

16:02

Don’t take your chances Tommy boy then you ain’t gonna win football matches 

• Like 1

An unlikely win given the general level of performance but the two goals were both, in very different ways, majestic.

It was tormenting the way we continually conceded possession - with aimless headed clearances, misplaced passes and, worst of all, flimsy half-hearted challenges - but on the rare occasions that we had decent possession (mostly in the second half) we looked threatening.

Soyuncu was back to his rash, brainless worst and I was really pleased that Rodgers hooked him. Soumare was a real disappointment after his superb display v Spartak. And Vardy barely had a kick. But everyone else made a positive contribution to the win, with Tielemans - as so often - the star of the show.

I still despair of us at corners but at least we defended that last one in the 97th minute to secure three crucial points that have levered us into the top half of the table and given us a nice platform for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Phew, Glad I wasn’t being overly sensitive to his interview as I thought he was being quite disrespectful towards us really.

He’s new to the league but when asked do you see the gap between championship and premiership (however it was worded) he replied no goes on to say how they should have won missing what the interviewer was aiming at, that if you give half a chance in the prem you’ll be punished which they were, hopefully he’ll learn and not become a Klopp clone.

Such a naive thing for a newly promoted manager to say. He's got his team really motivated, and they play a high energy game, fair play to them. But the difference between the championship and the premier league is that only the best two or three teams can do that over the course of a season in the premier league. And the difference between Leicester and Brentford is that we're still above them in the league despite having our worst start to a season in years. Brentford will run out of steam fast in this league playing this way, and then we will see what they are really made of.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We hammered a team in the first half that finished in the top five last season. They didn't have anything apart from a moment of luck or quality.

"We deserved to win."

Way to lose respect from opposition teams with statements like that. Makes himself look foolish.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Happy sole aren’t you!

Never crossed your mind that he has hugely benefited from playing regularly, winning games, being allowed to develop when his career had stalled before joining us.

And if you think travelling to Moscow is like going to Leeds and back with all the getting organised, in and out of airports, hotel, weather, game, getting back your bloody clueless!

Haha oh aye im sure they were sat in the departure lounge for ages lol

People making out that they had to get the trans siberian express and go 72 hours without sleep.

Most like chauffeured to and from airport and flown on a luxury plane for 4 hours. Oh the humanity!

I imagine he has benefited from it, im not sure what your point is? He's better than us and he deserves to be playing for a better team. No need to get upset about it chief.

• Sad 1

Thomas Frank on the game

"We deserved to win."

This geezer must have gone to the same class as Klopp on "How to be a cvnt". So glad we beat these lot now. Hope we batter them at home, too. What a wazzock.

• Like 3

Thomas Frank on the game

"We deserved to win."

If you disagree with any if that then its hard to take your opinions seriously.  Its bang on

• Haha 3

Thomas Frank has a point, but there is no coincidence that they “hammered” Chelsea in one half of football too and still lost. 

We’ve seen this before with promoted teams: Huddersfield, Sheffield United, Leeds and now Brentford. All playing with very good organisation and high intensity to make up for the shortfall in quality. That lack of quality, or cutting edge, will catch up with them eventually unless it’s addressed over time. Energy and intensity will only get them so far. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 2

Brentford didn't look like scoring in open play after we took the lead, they only threatened from set pieces.

Poor decision making on the ball, especially from Maddison/Iheanacho, stopped us from creating more opportunities on the counter attack.

We were far more sound in controlling the game in open play than Chelsea were last week, but our set piece defending is still an embarrassment, and something Rodgers needs to be blamed for.

I believe it was Danny Gabbidon most people could hear on their streams. Is there a shortage of people wanting to go into punditry these days or what? It boggles the mind that somebody actually agreed to give him money for whatever it is he thinks he's doing. The bloke can't even talk properly, he gets all the players names wrong (still waiting for us to sign Caster Smichel, he sounds good) and has no discernible rhythm or timbre to his voice that makes him especially suited to talking for a living. He offers no unique footballing insight either and as others have pointed out seemed positively depressed whenever Leicester did anything good today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

I believe it was Danny Gabbidon most people could hear on their streams. Is there a shortage of people wanting to go into punditry these days or what? It boggles the mind that somebody actually agreed to give him money for whatever it is he thinks he's doing. The bloke can't even talk properly, he gets all the players names wrong (still waiting for us to sign Caster Smichel, he sounds good) and has no discernible rhythm or timbre to his voice that makes him especially suited to talking for a living. He offers no unique footballing insight either and as others have pointed out seemed positively depressed whenever Leicester did anything good today. 

Best bit was when he went after Soyuncu being this and that.. like, cheers Danny for your wonderful insight 

D5EC80F5-7E96-4F84-AB9F-9A8A665CA1AA.jpeg

37 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If you disagree with any if that then its hard to take your opinions seriously.  Its bang on

If you agree with what he said then it is hard to take your opinion seriously. 

What did they do 2nd half? How many saves did Kasper actually have to make? 

• Like 4

I’m aware this is going to sound a little odd, but I was a bit disappointed with Brentford today. They were certainly the better team in the first half but I was surprised at how direct they were. I don’t know why, but I had a picture in my head that they were going to be a fast moving, quick, ball zipping team when in reality, they are just very direct in the main! Long throws, free-kicks, corners were a real threat but never really felt overly troubled in general play tbh. 

We’ve really come back fighting after the international break with 3 invaluable wins and some player’s performances have increased ten fold, really encouraging and a huge 3pts today!! Be great if we can sneak past Brighton on Weds with a 93rd min winner and then avenge the Gunners at the KP on Sat for them turning us over here last season.

UP THE FOXES 🦊 

43 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Have not seen match yet just followed on foxestalk what everyone was saying and we got lucky but for Thomas Frank's to say what he has in public smells like shit and sour grapes he has lost my respect for him and his team

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Thomas Frank on the game

"We deserved to win."

How about recognising the beauty of Tielmans Goal Thomas, instead of getting all Jurgen Klopp about how great you were and should have won.