Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

It wasnt a penalty anyway (fouled outside box), and VAR is not supposed to be for free kicks, so to avoid a mess I think they just decided to not overrule the offside.

Doesn’t matter if it was a free kick this would have been denial of a goal scoring opportunity which VAR should have been all over it 

In the Brighton Newcastle game keeper was sent off for the same offence and a free kick given after the Ref originally ignored it 

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Got the impression that Rodgers had tried to impress a more attacking mindset for this match, at least to start. I actually thought we started off well. Seemed to be a lot more attempts at forward through balls, from the likes of Tielemans, etc, just that they were mostly intercepted. Also Evans’ long balls over the top seemed to be unusually inaccurate with a few exceptions. Probably what we all wanted to be attempted though, but it contributed to the appearance of a lack of control of the match, and poor passing stats. Just have to get better at it.

 

Also noticed a lot more passes to players with their back to goal, but our players (particularly Lookman) don’t seem to be very good in this situation and regularly lost out to a player coming from behind them. Would probably have succeeded better with Nacho.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1
Posted

I enjoyed watching the game, didnt think we were awful, although certainly overwhelmed in the 2nd half.

The passing was a step back to NFP's "fine margins"... im sure 6-7 passes were just  inches out... had they gone through wouldve been a different result, Youri is still not at the top of his game and his precision (perhaps his greatest skill) is suffering. A few touches and flicks just missed.

I dont think that Soumare or Lookman are anything near where we should have been buying in this window, but maybe with time they will come through, i expect that BR wasnt expecting them to be playing so many minutes at this stage.

Still worth remembering that we have a number of first team injuries and Rodgers is still the best option as a manager that we can get.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Ndidi had a 70% pass success rate. Tielemans 65% and Vards 53%.

Looking at those stats, the only worry should be Youri.

 

Despite the virtual miracle that Brendan has worked on his (previously abysmal) passing, Wilf is never going to be a Passmaster. But given he made 6 successful tackles, 2 interceptions, and won 5 ariels (the sorts of stats we seek from his role), we can comfortably live his 70+% passing.. Same with Vardy, would not particularly expect anyone playing in his role (particularly when he's up there alone on his own) to be completing a lot of passes.

 

Edited by NaijaFox
Posted

Think the biggest problem yesterday was that 2 of our normally consistent performers, Youri and Evans, had poor games (Evans more with his passing than defending to be fair to him). 
 

It wasn’t woeful but it certainly wasn’t good, the draw was probably a fair result. 

  • Like 3
Posted
15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It doesn’t matter, at some point people will realise football is about putting the ball in the back of the net, not possession or any other stats.

At the end of the day, we were able to put the ball in the net once, they were able to put the ball on the net once. 
If you can’t outscore the opposition, you don’t deserve to win.

OK if you want to look at things in the most simplistic way possible, you're right... 

Guest Manini
Posted

Phil Hay has written an article for The Athletic, I don’t have access anymore but saw there was a bit about how Bielsa went to see Rodgers to commiserate him on missing out on Champions League again at the end of last season - has anybody read it? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Phil Hay has written an article for The Athletic, I don’t have access anymore but saw there was a bit about how Bielsa went to see Rodgers to commiserate him on missing out on Champions League again at the end of last season - has anybody read it? 

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/brendan-rodgers-reveals-training-ground-meet-up-with-leeds-uniteds-marcelo-bielsa-lifted-leicester-city-spirits-3448279#

 

The 48-year-old has now revealed how a planned meeting with Bielsa at Leicester's training ground picked his spirits up in the aftermath before the summer break.

"It has a real numbing effect on me, not qualifying for the Champions League," Rodgers told Mail Online.

"I spent a couple of hours with him and it was a breath of fresh air. He’s a great man.

"He arranged to come in, take a look at our facilities and speak about football. It felt good.

"I came out of the conversation having lost the day before and before I went on holiday it was really great to chat to him. I had a great morning with him."

He added: "I’ve followed his career from the days he was in Argentina. I’ve seen lots of sessions of his.

"He has an unswerving commitment as to how he wants to play. That takes a lot of courage in this game at times.

"You’ll have heard it yourselves, that they are too open. But his commitment, he has an inherent belief in it. But he has values as a person.

"When you speak and listen to him — he’s had a fantastic career. He’s hugely influential in his methods. You see his enthusiasm.

"He loves football and that really shines through."

  • Like 4
Posted
13 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

But if it wasn't a penalty, it was a red card. Should have intervened. Rubbish again today as per

True, didnt consider that, I guess the decision was just very strange then.

  • Like 1
Posted

I enjoyed the game yesterday it was a cracking game of football, High Tempo from Leeds which never let up really and we done well to stay with them.

Every game and opponent is different and so you have to adapt as the game goes on. The played Vardy well and the mistake we made was trying to continuously find him.

When we should have brought Maddison on earlier and played in front of their defense.  It would have given us someone who is comfortable with the Ball which allows us time to get into advanced positions.

I liked our 3 in Midfield and I want to see it continue, Though I want to see them take the game to the opposition instead of trying to stop them on the edge of our Box.

Raphino go too much room and he is the type of player we need. Quick and direct with an eye for Goal and a pass.

Still it's small margins and we never gave which was nice to see. Another team would have collapsed under the pressure Leeds put us under.

Posted (edited)
On 07/11/2021 at 20:51, Ric Flair said:

Jarrod Bowen is the one that I cry myself to sleep over, usually whilst eating crisps on the toilet.

Same (I mean the crying and sleeping part). In fact, one of my best mates is a Hull fan and I still go on about Bowen when talking about lack of quality in that position. He was carrying them in the Championship and that's when we should have bought him. His goalscoring record was always consistent and his touch, crossing, dribbling is all so good. Plus he's only 24. I think one of the bigger clubs will go for him at some point, similar to how Jota went to Liverpool. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1
Posted
9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....still cannot understand this post, doesn't matter how many times I have read it...!!!

At the final whistle, only Rodgers made an effort to walk towards and applaud the fans. Plenty of them are applauded towards but straight down the tunnel. Oh yeah Daka gave his shirt away 

Posted

Is Bowen a little bit paceless? Good player and I like him but I think we really suffer when we have Perez, Tielemans and Maddison in the side at once because they're all slow as ****.

 

 

We were never even linked but Raphinia scored 15 goals in 32 games for Vitoria Guimaires in 17/18. He moved to Sporting for about £5m as a result. We bought Ghezzal for £12m in the same summer :S

Posted
3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Is Bowen a little bit paceless? Good player and I like him but I think we really suffer when we have Perez, Tielemans and Maddison in the side at once because they're all slow as ****.

 

 

We were never even linked but Raphinia scored 15 goals in 32 games for Vitoria Guimaires in 17/18. He moved to Sporting for about £5m as a result. We bought Ghezzal for £12m in the same summer :S

Bowen ain't the fastest but he uses his pace well, ie that he knows when to turn it on and pass or continue. Pérez and Maddison ain't slow necessarily but they're not Barnes quick. Would like another wide winger with some pace though. Of course I'd love to keep lookman too. Seems we have problems finding an actual right winger by the look of it 

Posted

I find it quite difficult to judge our games against Leeds, they’re always like basketball matches! If we could make a 10 yard pass we could have literally had 3 or 4 direct one-on-ones, but we were so bloody wasteful and poor with the ball.

 

Leeds had plenty of chances too and missed a sitter from a yard out. It could have been 4-4 or 4-1 to either team! Anyway, a point is better than nothing, hopefully we can start back after the international break as well as we did after the last one!

Posted
3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Is Bowen a little bit paceless? Good player and I like him but I think we really suffer when we have Perez, Tielemans and Maddison in the side at once because they're all slow as ****.

 

 

We were never even linked but Raphinia scored 15 goals in 32 games for Vitoria Guimaires in 17/18. He moved to Sporting for about £5m as a result. We bought Ghezzal for £12m in the same summer :S

He didn't need pace to run clear of our defence several times

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...