Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

To me, without my coaching badges, so I’m no expert, we looked totally disorganised and looks like the players haven’t played together, don’t know their roles or the basics of playing football.

 

our defending from set pieces is a shambles and we look so flat footed, the players don’t seem to know who they’re supposed to be picking up. 
 

our corners are shambolic, how about a plan, maybe the corner taker could give a signal to let the team know where he is going to put the ball, maybe by lifting 1 hand for near post, 2 hands for far post or nothing for the middle, or some other notion for short or across the box.

 

and our movement is not good enough, somebody also needs to tell Vards there’s a time when he needs to come deep to receive the ball if we’re struggling.

 

I dunno, maybe I’m expecting too much.

 

 

Edited by splinterdream
Posted
3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

This absolutely shows what clowns 🤡 our fan base has become deluded or what? We have had a few great seasons this season teams know how to play us so this ‘mob ‘ are actually quite decent and we are very mid table. We need the boss to come up with plan B 

As expected. We are clowns. 

 

No, we expect some clue on the field. We are currently awful. Not decent. And the boss has had quite some time to come up with Plan B. Though not certain what Plan A is to be honest at the moment. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Guest Mickyblueeyes
Posted
20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not denying we've looked below par. 

 

Results wise we picked up though when the errors were addressed. 

 

What would the reaction have been if we didn't beat Man Utd? Can't have it both ways where shortcomings weren't addressed but when they are, we profited from it. 

 

Brighton game we should have won and were screwed over by VAR. Brentford could have been better as could Palace. 

 

I'm fully in agreement that our performances could and should be so much better. I'm not blind to that fact. I just don't buy in to all the constant doom and gloom and act like we're playing like a League One side as has been suggested on here. Plenty of room for improvement. 

No I get you but what I’m saying is that the shortcomings which were so evident pre international break are still very much there. We lose today if Leeds had slightly better quality in front of goal. We conceded possession due to an intensive press. As was the case against Palace. As was the case against Brentford. We concede from corners as if it’s a direct free kick, with no wall. 
 

Our play is poor and our reaction is non existent. Apparently, set piece defending has never been an issue under Brendan. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

You can't keep chopping and formation too, stick to one and get better at it. I don't think we have a way of playing, other than hope someone creates something out of nothing. 

You don't stick with what's not working, and the old formation (whatever it was) clearly wasn't.

Posted
11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Punch the cat regardless. It probably deserves it. 

 

10 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Cats are well shit

Hahaha I don't know why I said it, I don't even have a cat. Can't stand them.

Posted
2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

To me, without my coaching badges, so I’m no expert, we looked totally disorganised and looks like the players haven’t played together, don’t know their roles or the basics of playing football.

 

our defending from set pieces is a shambles and we look so flat footed, the players don’t seem to know who they’re supposed to be picking up. 
 

our corners are shambolic, how about a plan, maybe the corner taker could give a signal to let the team know where he is going to put the ball, maybe by lifting 1 hand for near post, 2 hands for far post or nothing for the middle, or some other notion for short or across the box.

 

and our movement is not good enough, somebody also needs to tell Vards there’s a time when he needs to come deep to receive the ball if we’re struggling.

 

I dunno, maybe I’m expecting too much.

 

 


I forgot, maybe we should practise 1 touch football as a training exercise, where a few have to try and win the ball and the rest have to keep possession but are only allowed 1 touch, or a game of 5 aside but only 1 touch allowed 

Posted
Just now, splinterdream said:

To me, without my coaching badges so I’m no expert, looked totally disorganised and looks like the players haven’t played together, don’t know their roles or the basics of playing football.

 

our defending from set pieces is a shambles and we look so flat footed, the players don’t seem to know who they’re supposed to be picking up. 
 

our corners are shambolic, how about a plan, maybe the corner taker could give a signal to let the team know where he is going to put the ball, maybe by lifting 1 hand for near post, 2 hands for far post or nothing for the middle, or some other notion for short or across the box.

 

and our movement is not good enough, somebody also needs to tell Vards there’s a time when he needs to come deep to receive the ball if we’re struggling.

 

I dunno, maybe I’m expecting too much.

 

 

The one thing I always said about Rodgers from the start, is, even though I don’t and never will enjoy ‘possession for no reason’ football, we were organised. This season and back end of last season, we look completely unorganised. 
Unorganised in how we play when we have the ball, unorganised without it. Unorganised at attacking set pieces and defending them. 
Not sure how the third / fourth highest paid manager in the premier league can get away with this every week - he won’t if he joins a ‘bigger club’ he’ll be getting hammered. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The frustrating thing for me is that it was a missed opportunity. There were so many opportunities for us to capitalise on Leeds having bodies forward but we were so risk adverse. 

I think Brendan has become more and more risk adverse in his time here. He's become gradually more 'safety first' and we've consistently conceded more goals as we give the opposition little to think about defensively.

 

 

Posted
14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think that come from have a poor defensive record, you stop taking risks and play safe.

 

 

We had a very good record for a while and he still went defensive. 
 

I mentioned earlier about keeping it fresh. I should caveat that by saying that’s far easier to do when manager of Man U.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

To me, without my coaching badges, so I’m no expert, we looked totally disorganised and looks like the players haven’t played together, don’t know their roles or the basics of playing football.

 

our defending from set pieces is a shambles and we look so flat footed, the players don’t seem to know who they’re supposed to be picking up. 

Incredibly, they are not supposed to be picking up any specific players.

We're playing "zonal" defense, meaning players defend specific space and not players. Welcome to "modern" football. :ill:

Edited by NaijaFox
Posted

The short version, another bad performance.

 

Longer version

 

Defensively we are a mess very little composure.

Lots of passes hit at Leeds players.

General lack of organisation.

With no Nacho look less dangerous moving forward.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No I get you but what I’m saying is that the shortcomings which were so evident pre international break are still very much there. We lose today if Leeds had slightly better quality in front of goal. We conceded possession due to an intensive press. As was the case against Palace. As was the case against Brentford. We concede from corners as if it’s a direct free kick, with no wall. 
 

Our play is poor and our reaction is non existent. Apparently, set piece defending has never been an issue under Brendan. 

A non-existent reaction doesn't see us get back in to the game straight after they score, I'm sorry. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

You can't keep chopping and formation too, stick to one and get better at it. I don't think we have a way of playing, other than hope someone creates something out of nothing. 

You can and have to keep changing formations and tatics because different teams present different problems. Our problems with 352 arguably stem from the fact that we haven't currently got the players to fulfil it properly ie 3 competent centre halves (though that's a little unfair to Dan on second thoughts) and certainly no proper wing backs. 

 

Manchester City are a different proposition to Leeds and again to Burnley. If we were Barcelona of old or arguably even Leicester City of 2015/16 possibly changes would be rare. Particularly Barcelona because they could fulfil their system with the incredible players that they had so successfully. 

 

We have the squad to service a number of particular attacking formations. Arguably less so for Rodgers possession and dominance philosophy. It's down to him to coach the players in the tactics best suited to the squad he has, not coach them into a style they're unlikely to be able to fulfil. 

 

 

Posted
33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Barring Soumare, Lookman and Castagne, that’s the same team Puel had… and one of them is on loan. All that money and we basically play almost the same team. 
 

Things can become stale can’t they, for players and for teams. Ferguson always kept his team fresh and ensured that the message kept fresh doing so.

Agree

We have to rotate Vardy & Tielemans more..Keep them fresh & motivated within their own game.

Players then like Daka,Nacho, KDH, plus returnees get decent game time and become automatically part of Leicester bigger picture...

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, Babylon said:

We had a very good record for a while and he still went defensive. 
 

I mentioned earlier about keeping it fresh. I should caveat that by saying that’s far easier to do when manager of Man U.

I agree, we need 1 or 2 player that could lift the team. 

 

But we just don't have the cash, pretty sure Soumere and Daka will be good for us long term but not really a massive improvement on hat we had at the moment. 

 

Lookman, Bertrand, Vestiguardd cheap squad filler. 

 

We need a player were the other players think wow, really he's playing for us. 

  • Like 1
Posted
21 minutes ago, dayday said:

Celtic fans called it, after 2-3 seasons they said he would start to lose his way, and that’s what is happening.


Give him to Christmas, and if things don’t improve then we need to move him on, that’s the harsh reality 

 

 

Nice  to see that Celtic are stormng the Scottish Premier League without Brendan.

 

  • Like 2
Posted

We seem to be getting worse than better which is a worry, will we be back to our best when jj and fofana are back at full speed .. time will tell, feels to me that Rodgers magic is starting to wain .. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

what, he never lost his way at celtic? 

Don’t let the treble blinker your eyes, The Celtic fans was saying the wheels was starting to come off, Rangers was catching them fast, Chuck in boardroom dispute over transfer budgets, bizarre team selections, it was the beginning of the end.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...