Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Happy Fox said:

7 points from 4 games is okay I wouldn’t say it’s a very good return by our standards.. but I guess it’s relative to our performances pre international break.

It's 1.75 pts per game, which over 38 games gets you 66 pts.

How may pointed did we get last season? ;)

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Was never going to be easy but the most disappointing thing is the lack of trying to win the game. To not bring Iheanacho on instead of Dewsbury-hall was disappointing. 

If they had better quality they'd have beat us bit if Tielemans had a good day we'd probably have won it. 

Just a midtable performance, which is what we are looking like being. 

Dewsbury Hall was probably the best player when he came on. Iheanacho has honked last few games

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're pretty boring. 

But remember, don't criticise, don't point out areas that we need to improve, blind faith until the end or as Matt Piper says you're not a true fan! 

His twitter rants over the last few days have been bizarre to say the least.

Yet another parallel we can draw back with when Puel was here he went through a similar ranty stage, supporting and agreeing with everything that was going on not allowing anyone to criticise or question things. We're just knuckle dragging fans who have never played the game seems to be his mantra.

The epitomy of a happy clapper.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Screenshot_20211107-155708_FotMob.jpg

And we squandered some really good opportunities in this game too where the passes really should have met it’s target.

Nacho needs to start in this system because Barnes and Vardy ain’t great at playing with their backs to goal and linking up play. Nacho would have made a humongous difference in this game. The ball just kept on coming back and it was purely because Leeds were managing to get it from out attacks way too easily.

Tielemans was playing like he was a few weeks ago. Really poor performance from him today.

Also people having a go at Lookman. He was by far the better of our front three today. 

I think the players actually need to look at themselves too, they are on the pitch and are professional players - work your butt's off, run, play with some fight. It's not all on Brendan, they need to show some want and desire too.  On paper that team was good enough to win it but they didn't want it enough. Leeds didn't stop working.....

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

This team isnt getting anyway near the performances it should be for the players it has and they havent done for a long while now. If it carries on then somethings going to have to change..

It feels like a manager change at the end of the season type of affair to me.

Love Rodgers, think he has been brilliant for the club and would love for him to get us out of the doldrums, but he might have taken us as far as he can, which is pretty damn far! Football is nowhere near as bad as under Puel, but it has that same feeling of the squad not getting the results it should be.

My feeling is that with him being for a while and moving to the new training facilities that we've become too "nice." When we won the title, Huth and Morgan would pull shirts and man-handle opposition strikers. Vardy and Drinkwater would leave something in on their tackles to give us a physical edge to our game.

I'm definitely NOT calling for him to go, but more commenting on the parallels between those seasons and this one.

• Like 2