Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Classic midtable fodder that and that is what we are now under this regime. For those that can tolerate that, crack on. For those that have had a gutful, get used to it as it will take a year of this before anything is done about it. 

I didn't watch the game and feel surprisingly zen. Pleased to see Harvey scored and at least we only conceded one. Now to the best part of the season for me, the international break where I can stop HATING for a few weeks and enjoy pottering about undistracted.

You didn't watch the game? As a neutral, it was very entertaining. You could and should have won it. 

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

That's what some were saying the last there was a international break.... regroup etc etc..

And we did for the Man Utd game and won 3 games in a row. 

The regroup worked. Literally no denying it didn't. 

• Like 2

It's all just very "Meh" and has been for a long time now. 

Aside from the game against United, I can't think of any other games this season when I've thought we've played as well as we did 12x months ago. So far below that standard atm. 

We've stagnated and I have no idea why, at first I thought it was injuries, but now we are only Fofana & Justin away from being fully fit that excuse doesn't wash any more?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Mid table and a League Cup win id more than take right now

Too right. I’d like to add my post wasn’t adding to the tirade. We are where we are, no point getting wound up about it. The club was here yesterday, it’s here today and it’ll be here tomorrow. What will be will be. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Everything seems really flat at the moment.” @Corky

Yep, they look like a set of players the manager has lost, not in the sense of they don’t like him etc. More in the sense I think perhaps the message is becoming repetitive and the same issues clearly never get solved. You can start to lose people’s attention can’t you, even if they very much like you. 

I don’t know, it’s all I can think of as it’s been nearly a year of this now. 

This is the issue IMO. It's all gotten stale.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Everything seems really flat at the moment.” @Corky

Yep, they look like a set of players the manager has lost, not in the sense of they don’t like him etc. More in the sense I think perhaps the message is becoming repetitive and the same issues clearly never get solved. You can start to lose people’s attention can’t you, even if they very much like you. 

I don’t know, it’s all I can think of as it’s been nearly a year of this now. 

That’s probably a bit harsh, as us failing the last two years to get top 4 will have dented belief and spirits. But then he oversaw the collapse.

I dunno, I’m just bloody bored watching us again now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Isn´t there an international (boring) break now? Might give us a chance to regroup although a lot of players are away.

Going to run out of these. How many breaks do we need so we can regroup?  It’s just a shit show from front to back. They ALL have to own their part in this - but Rodgers is the manager and needs to at least attempt to earn some of his staggering wages. 

• Like 1

Happy with a point....we didn't deserve any more nor did Leeds. Tough playing Leeds in that mood...like terriers on acid all over the pitch...was only a matter of time before someone got injured. Didn't utilise Vardy st all and felt tactically going forwards we were poor. Same points as Everton....1 behind Spurs and 2 behind Utd....we are exactly where we deserve to be in the league after 11 games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We’re bang average and have been all season

Does feel like we’ve regressed to the level we were under Puel before Rodgers came in.

Owners will pull the plug if we aren’t doing much better after the international break

If the owners aren't happy, they are smart they, may wait for an approach elsewhere to get paid, as opposed to have to pay off Rogers, in spite of what happens between now and xmas, I'd expect Rogers to be in demand by 2-3 other clubs by that time. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

And we did for the Man Utd game and won 3 games in a row. 

The regroup worked. Literally no denying it didn't. 

Stan, we did win 3 games. However, we’ve also continued to look below par on every bar the United one since that break. If you hadn’t watched Leeds this season, there were periods in this game where you’d think they were an all conquering title contender. Same applies to the games against Brighton, Brentford and Palace. We are not improving.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, Leeds were much the better, hungrier and more committed team. We were lucky that they butchered so many chances because as ever our defence was a complete mess. Every time they got a corner, I feared the worst, and as for constantly giving the ball away with our passes out from the back, Jesus!

Ricardo and Soyuncu are miles away from their best form. Tielemans had a terrible afternoon. Lookman not much better. Soumare had one good game at Spartak but has been poor in all the others - unsure what he contributes. As for the manager, he is just not getting the best out of the team - looks like he is scrabbling around without a clear, cohesive plan.

The positives? Barnes' goal. A point. Wilf (we'd have lost without him). Maddison's skill on the ball is coming to the fore again.