Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

We’re an average mid-table side as it stands, I’ve tempered my expectations to suit that. Anything in the top half this season is a result. We don’t deserve anything more on recent showings. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Everything seems really flat at the moment.” @Corky

Yep, they look like a set of players the manager has lost, not in the sense of they don’t like him etc. More in the sense I think perhaps the message is becoming repetitive and the same issues clearly never get solved. You can start to lose people’s attention can’t you, even if they very much like you. 

I don’t know, it’s all I can think of as it’s been nearly a year of this now. 

Happens a lot I football.

Also the hard thing is to go again after some success, when you aren't use to it.

Still think we needed a signing that created a buzz and lift the group.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

His twitter rants over the last few days have been bizarre to say the least.

Yet another parallel we can draw back with when Puel was here he went through a similar ranty stage, supporting and agreeing with everything that was going on not allowing anyone to criticise or question things. We're just knuckle dragging fans who have never played the game seems to be his mantra.

The epitomy of a happy clapper.

Just easier that way to get interactions online. Easy to like a post about "backing the lads" etc etc to make you feel better about things.

Totally out played. 

WTF do we do in training. 
Can’t even do the basic of passing the ball to a team mate.
No pressing and couldn’t even win a second ball. No movement or runs from any of them or getting into spaces. 
They get paid stupid amount of money and I’ve seen better Sunday league teams move better.

Has Rodgers lost the dressing room or are they just not wanting to put any graft in. 

We look tired and unfit and no hunger to win games. Definitely not making the top 6 this season and be lucky with a top 10 the way we’re playing. 

How can we go from the team we had playing so well the last couple of seasons to this Dross. 

• Like 2

Vardy needed to be way better playing with his back to goal today. Every time the ball got played into his feet he lost it along with every 50-50 during the game.

Tielesman and maddison being on the pitch at the same time is so key to us playing well and has been for the last two seasons.

1 minute ago, Manini said:

We’re an average mid-table side as it stands, I’ve tempered my expectations to suit that. Anything in the top half this season is a result. We don’t deserve anything more on recent showings. 

Mid table and a League Cup win id more than take right now

• Like 2

Classic midtable fodder that and that is what we are now under this regime. For those that can tolerate that, crack on. For those that have had a gutful, get used to it as it will take a year of this before anything is done about it. 

I didn't watch the game and feel surprisingly zen. Pleased to see Harvey scored and at least we only conceded one. Now to the best part of the season for me, the international break where I can stop HATING for a few weeks and enjoy pottering about undistracted.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Everything seems really flat at the moment.” @Corky

Yep, they look like a set of players the manager has lost, not in the sense of they don’t like him etc. More in the sense I think perhaps the message is becoming repetitive and the same issues clearly never get solved. You can start to lose people’s attention can’t you, even if they very much like you. 

I don’t know, it’s all I can think of as it’s been nearly a year of this now. 

It's a shame it's getting like this because on the whole Rodgers has done a really good job and we've produced some superb displays and results. He's also a victim of his own improvement in standards around the place but something isn't clicking right now. It seems like a chore for everyone- manager, players, fans- at the moment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Positive was that we finally managed to withstand a period of defensive pressure without conceding, we’ve not done that much this season

It’s the only positive. We didn’t create much if anything, the quality of passing at key moments was as bad as you’ll see, we’re scared as soon as anyone comes near us, everything we did on the ball was about minimising risk rather than maximising reward.

I got the team selection I wanted but it didn’t produce

Spot on analysis, the passing was horrendous, and for the reasons you gave, Leeds were the better side, I for one am glad we came away with a point. 

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Most other them being lucky with the numbers. It was a shit performance. If you are mildly happy with it, good luck to you. 

No not happy at all with it! Happy with the draw after that performance but if we want to be challenging for the top 6 need to be winning that! Disappointed tbh

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's 1.75 pts per game, which over 38 games gets you 66 pts.

How may pointed did we get last season? ;)

If we get 66 points it would be a miracle, we are on track to get 50 points I would say. Which would be upper lower mid table which is not good enough for a team with our players but I guess that’s where are heading unless there is a serious upturn in form league wise.