Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

It's tough. But there were signs there today of adding a weeny bit of resilience to our game. Riding your luck and hanging on in there is a skill.

And we have perhaps twigged  in such games, bringing on quality subs is a wonderful Trump card to play. Under the cosh? Amartey comes on. Guile against tiring legs. Madders.

Thought Wilf was a godsend for the dreaded corners. 

Tactically, I'd have preferred nacho for lookman at ht. Just to get the ball to stick a bit more. 

My favourite boy Ricky still ain't on his game, bless him. 

Not sold on soumare tbh. I'd go as far to say I'd prefer Mendy or Hamza in that third midfield slot. 

1 minute ago, NeilLCFC said:

Exactly what I was thinking. The players just don’t seem to be enjoying the type of football BR wants them to play, and in turn they’ve lost interest. 

In midweek (and plenty of other games) there was a cast iron opportunity to break into space and be direct. And we needlessly turned back to recycle the ball. 

That’s a sign of the message not working. Either he’s focussing away too much on endless recycling and has worked the spontaneity out of people, or they aren’t listening.

• Thanks 1

Fortunate that Dan James has Traoré-esque product in front of goal. Leeds are one dimensional and don't defend well affording huge gaps to exploit. Disappointing that we didn't come away with something and that Lookman was fractionally offside. Great header from Vards. Rather chaotic football from both sides currently at a similar standard. 

Just now, CyprusFox said:

I didn't see that Leeds seemed any fitter than us. As I said in my previous post, our defence has been shit all season. I'm still convinced the return of fofana and Justin will be be the turning point in our season. The sooner the fuching better.

Have said that we miss Wes more than I personally expected, but Leeds did,some,significantly more active than us today, but that could be home effect

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Gonna be quite positive again today 

A point against a side clearly buoyed by a partisan home crowd is not a bad result 

And they were the better team today no doubt

And Rodgers did the right thing by bringing on Amartey towards the end.. he could see we were probably going to concede without making the change.

We defended better today no doubt 

Overall, tough game, limited them to relatively few chances. I’m happy with the result 

Did we defend better Col? Our defending from set pieces in particular is comical. We benefited from Leeds being extremely wasteful 

21 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Why was it undeserved? They couldn’t score more than us, they like Brentford huffed and puffed but had no real quality going forwards.

So you think both sides were about the same? 50-50 in most things? Could I borrow those blue tinted specs sometime please? 

Where to start, aye? The come down from the last 2 seasons to this is huge. I’ve never been so disappointed in an opening 10 games of premier league football. We’ve found ourselves mid-table after 10 several times over the last 7 years but it’s usually been in a season when my expectations were a lot lower than they were in the build up to this season. 

I don’t have all the answers but I think BR is right in what he said post-match on Thursday. We don’t run anywhere near enough. We don’t track off the ball runners. We’re not pressing intensely enough and for me, in general we just aren’t working hard enough. 

Having said all of that we could have and should have nicked at least two goals in the first half today. I’m addition to the one we did get I mean. Lookman’s pass to Youri was awful and it really shouldn’t have been as it was relatively simple. Ironically, Youri should have picked out Lookman or Vardy earlier on in the half for what would have been a big chance but he was uncharacteristically poor today and so held on to it too long. 

Set pieces - we look like conceding from every single one at the moment. I can’t remember a team that was this inept at defending the one part of the game that you consistently train for. The only positive is that had it not been for Lookman’s toe we would have had two set piece goals from two games today. 

Would have been lovely to have gone in to the break with a win today but we didn’t deserve it and thankfully we held on for a point. Fingers crossed we’ll have some fresher, we’ll rested players after the international break and hopefully no injuries from those away on international duty. 

It's 1-1, you want to switch to a back 3 to control more possession, fine Tielemans get injured but how can you as a coach justify having Madison, KDH, ndidi and soumare all on the field vs actual guys that can go and get goal contributions in Nacho and Daka and even Perez, it's beyond me the way Rodgers reasons at times, yes Tielemans got injured, let soumare and Ndidi be the two in MF... What are you bring on KDH for again, Brendan pisses me off with his late substitutions and team selections

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

In midweek (and plenty of other games) there was a cast iron opportunity to break into space and be direct. And we needlessly turned back to recycle the ball. 

That’s a sign of the message not working. Either he’s focussing away too much on endless recycling and has worked the spontaneity out of people, or they aren’t listening.

I think that come from having a poor defensive record, you stop taking risks and play safe.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

You meant we beat (And played well) against Man Utd, we also won another 3 games, whilst not playing great, wins nonetheless though, in amongst all that we've also got worse and played worse, thats all true.

So whilst an international break 'regrouped' us (apparently) it only lasts for a few games.

If people wanna claim it 'regroups' us or 'its come at the right time' then we've got a long time after this one for it to wave it's magic wand.

Okay, think of it this way. 

If we didn't regroup at any point during the last break, would we have beaten Man Utd or at least won those 3 games? Wouldn't you all be moaning that something should have been done during the internationals then? And then bemoaning that Rodgers didn't do enough? 

I don't want you thinking I'm accepting internationals come at the right time. Again not what I'm saying. It's not what should be relied on. But if it's an opportunity to try and recover again would you not take it? Instead of just sitting back doing nothing? 

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Weve been playing the same way for a year lol

We were superb under rodgers for about 12 months. Its now at a point where its been 50/50 incredibly good and painfully average under his tenure

to be honest as a Leicester fan I'd absolutely take that

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy