Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Tottenham next up (H). Postponed

I have questions. Who decides whether the game goes ahead or not? Did spurs have to apply to postpone it? What's the reason for the postponing? If it's due to not being able to field a side, doesn't that set a precedent, they should field a weak side or forfeit.

4 minutes ago, bfox said:

I have questions. Who decides whether the game goes ahead or not? Did spurs have to apply to postpone it? What's the reason for the postponing? If it's due to not being able to field a side, doesn't that set a precedent, they should field a weak side or forfeit.

All of the teams involved are more than able to field a side.

So far it's Manchester United & Tottenham. Il become less sceptical when the likes of Watford etc are allowed their games cancelled due to player absence.

We all know that it's clearly someone like Fernandes or Ronaldo that are unavailable, like wise with Son for Tottenham. 

The premier league must be ran by it's own Mafia, it's becoming like a secret hand shake club.

The referee's and even pundits are like puppets on strings.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

If Man Utd can get their game called off less than 24 hours before kick off, we have a little time to wait yet before we know. Spuds only need another case or 2 today and they'll be crying again

And I wouldn’t want a squad with potential positive covid cases mingling with our first team either !!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, s11nny said:

Utd have got there game called off against Brentford with a “small” number of cases. Surely this game gets called off then. Can’t get my head around why teams like villa Norwich and Leicester play on but utd can get there game called off just like that with probs 2 positive cases 

Not sure if it's the only reason but Spurs and Man U have had to close their training grounds and sent staff home. Spurs are back now so presumably they should be expected to put a team out for Thursday. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

If Man Utd can get their game called off less than 24 hours before kick off, we have a little time to wait yet before we know. Spuds only need another case or 2 today and they'll be crying again

If they call it off after the FPL transfer / team selection deadline I'll be livid. It seems that fantasy football managers are just a minor afterthought when they make these decisions :mad:

• Haha 2

Spurs fans seem to think that most of their Covid players won't be out of isolation, meaning they'll be without the likes of Davies, Skipp, Højbjerg, Son and Moura (all of whom started their last league game). However, it looks like they think it will go ahead unless there are further outbreaks at the training ground.

Edited by ClaphamFox

We really need to know a lot more about stuff before we become all indignant !

did we ever ask for any postponement? And no two scenarios are ever the same 

the PL will not simply grant a postponement without having strong medical reasons. If we had good reasons (safety and medical) to call our game off and we wanted to then we would make it happen. 

having half a dozen non jabbed members of staff who haven’t been in contact with the first team squad for a few days is not going to work I’m afraid ! 

let’s see what the next 36 hours brings …..

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Spurs fans seem to think that most of their Covid players won't be out of isolation, meaning they'll be without the likes of Davies, Skipp, Højbjerg, Son and Moura (all of whom started their last league game). However, it looks like they think it will go ahead unless there are further outbreaks at the training ground.

I believe there was a case yesterday - if there is another today or tomorrow then no way is it safe or sensible for them to travel up and play. 

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Unfair that Spurs players have had 2weeks rest by not playing 3 matches and the EPL saying nothing

How did Man City successfully last season come back from a decent points deficit? A lovely winter break caused by Walker and Mendy breaking the actual law. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Unfair that Spurs players have had 2weeks rest by not playing 3 matches and the EPL saying nothing

So if they were to cancel Thursday's game because it's unfair on us should they cancel Sunday's game between Tottenham and Liverpool because Tottenham have even more rest than Liverpool? When exctly should Tottenham start playing games again?

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

My mate says they’re screwed at the moment. He thinks they will be extremely depleted come Thursday, and the talk at their end is about having the game postponed. 

Surely if it was going to be postponed due to the number of their players who have already tested positive, it would have happened already? The fact that it hasn't yet been postponed implies it will go ahead unless there's a new outbreak.

I don't understand how a team like ManU can postpone. They have just under fifty players in their first team. Unless the majority of them (unlikely) were to have got it, then surely these clubs have safety regulations they should follow that would stop others catching it. The moment the outbreak is known, send everybody home, isolate them, send them PCR tests. Positive results obviously isolated while the others also isolate, training alone until the day before the next match where they are tested again. All clear they play. Meanwhile the training grounds etc are deep-cleaned so they should be able to go back to normal afterwards. 

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of logistics but this is a billion pound industry and clubs like ManU have millions. In the next few months this is going to happen more and more because the new varient is about to explode. So if they want football to run as smoothly as possible then they need to get a handle on this quick.