Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fish

Spitting / feigning injuries.

What other sport sees so much spitting whilst competing ? Is this really necessary,I’m calling it out.

Secondly if Eddie Howe (other managers are available) wants games stopped if players on ground I suggest they stop feigning so many injuries ! Even when head bangs have occurred the chances the medical team suggest player comes off is slim.

rant over

• Like 1

Sorry but players going down to stop the game really annoys me. Probably my biggest hate. They stop the game and once stopped just get back up. Shouldn't be allowed.

All this kicking the ball out is noncence. Play on unless the referee blows the whistle. Fans don't help either booing as if you a team shouldn't be allowed to play on.

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but players going down to stop the game really annoys me. Probably my biggest hate. They stop the game and once stopped just get back up. Shouldn't be allowed.

All this kicking the ball out is noncence. Play on unless the referee blows the whistle. Fans don't help either booing as if you a team shouldn't be allowed to play on.

Similarly players who go down after a challenge and grab the ball with both hands to force the ref into giving the free kick. I’ve only ever seen 1 ref blow for handball, winds me up so much. 

10 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Can we have some spitting examples??

I can only think of Rudi Voeller & Frank Rijkaard??  Voeller's hair didn't deal with it well though!!

That's the one. The go to example. I think he means spitting in general though - not necessarily at someone. 

Recently though, Arthur Masuaku was banned for six games wasn't he? 

39 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

In terms of the behaviour of footballers, crowding around the officials is the thing that bothers me the most, especially when the decision isn't even the slightest bit contentious.  

I got the ball when they clearly didn't.

While we are on moaning about footballers, they should get their bloody hair cut and sing the national anthem really loud with their chests puffed out instead of mumbling it.

Something something bring back National Service, something something bring back the birch, something something it all went downhill after decimalisation...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fish said:

What other sport sees so much spitting whilst competing ? Is this really necessary,I’m calling it out.

Secondly if Eddie Howe (other managers are available) wants games stopped if players on ground I suggest they stop feigning so many injuries ! Even when head bangs have occurred the chances the medical team suggest player comes off is slim.

rant over

I dunno what it is about legging it around for ages but I can't help but gob every two seconds when I play football. 

See Pep Guardiola do it a few weeks ago though. Not sure why he needs to.

It's odd how normalised it is in football, you don't really see it in athletically similar sports. Basketball, doesn't happen. Rugby? Don't think so. Hockey? Nope.

You even see managers gobbing away on the sideline these days too. Graeme Potter was the most recent one I noted couple of weeks ago - just why, I don't get why. Especially as for an amount of the game you can guarantee 5/6 players will be rolling around on the floor for at least a minute accumulatively out of 90.

Think of it all underneath the stadium too. Generation after generation of footballer spittle under the likes of Old Trafford, it must be like a lake of every players mucus for the last 80yrs. Maybe that was their secret to class of 92 and Ronaldo, you take a core sample under the pitch, dredge up Best'ies 35% abv hack with abit of Bobby Charlton, anoint the 'lucky' to be international world superstar in it and they take upon the spirit of the great names ....

In all seriousness it's f***ing disgusting, and really weird.

• Like 1

In general those that are quiet & unanimated when fouled are hurt more seriously, take Fofana and Castagne injuries both laid pretty still with horrific injuries yet we see the 6 roll shuffle going on with most contacts and then once foul given there up and sprinting.

Sadly it has crept into the game now and here to stay as for what ever reason the governing bodies don’t want to address it gone have the days of don’t show that it hurts it’s all about getting an advantage.

Commentary and pundits stoke the issue by saying yes there was slight contact or there was a hand on his back so he has every right to go down for the penalty etc really grips my stool, along with the club favouritism ala Souness calling out Maddison with saying the games doomed if that’s a penalty, yes we know it was soft but if that was Salah or Mane he would describe it as being cute

If a player goes down, like in rugby, the physio should just automatically be allowed to come on to administer treatment. 

Would stop people going down feigning injury, waiting for play to stop. 

Would also alleviate pressure on referees to stop the game.

Stops bullshit like in the Arsenal game the other night when Martinelli went down with cramp, off the pitch, and Arteta screamed at him to get back on the pitch and go down again!!!

If a player is down, it is incredibly rare that the ball in play hits that player, so the physio would become 'in play', if the ball hits him, similar to if the ball hit the goalpost or a corner flag.

If the injured player is a defender and plays an attacker onside, tough shit.

Just trial it to stop timewasting and breaking up the rhythm of play. It's no coincidence that most 'injuries' seem to happen to a team trying to run down the clock.

On 17/12/2021 at 16:29, BKLFox said:

In general those that are quiet & unanimated when fouled are hurt more seriously, take Fofana and Castagne injuries both laid pretty still with horrific injuries yet we see the 6 roll shuffle going on with most contacts and then once foul given there up and sprinting.

Sadly it has crept into the game now and here to stay as for what ever reason the governing bodies don’t want to address it gone have the days of don’t show that it hurts it’s all about getting an advantage.

Commentary and pundits stoke the issue by saying yes there was slight contact or there was a hand on his back so he has every right to go down for the penalty etc really grips my stool, along with the club favouritism ala Souness calling out Maddison with saying the games doomed if that’s a penalty, yes we know it was soft but if that was Salah or Mane he would describe it as being cute

In the good old days when a foul was committed in the penalty area you were AWARDED a penalty. Today if a player even feels the slightest contact he goes down and WINS a penalty. The first is the way it should be today, the second is cheating and with VAR should be a yellow card. But do we see those actions, never.

Make a minimum 2-3 minute minimum recovery time off the pitch if the player goes down.

This might seem to be excessive but it is absolutely necessary if someone has a head injury. By 2-3 minutes I mean that once a player goes down, a physio or doc can assess and treat on the pitch then the 2-3 off the pitch is observation. 

It will soon stop the feigning and players can't really complain if they have been rolling around in agony like they are on a sheet of broken glass.

Can't stand when players fake injuries, dive, time waste, surround the ref,  spit or blow their snot out of one nostril on the pitch  you dirty cvnts!

As fans, we should be allowed to run on the pitch and cantona the bastards. Lol ... okay, maybe not but thats how it makes me feel!

On 17/12/2021 at 13:30, AKCJ said:

I dunno what it is about legging it around for ages but I can't help but gob every two seconds when I play football. 

See Pep Guardiola do it a few weeks ago though. Not sure why he needs to.

Jamie Carragher prefers to do it whilst driving.

The worst thing is they probably have a good chance off landing in someone's spit/mucus everytime they go down.

Personally I'd like to see snot bags introduced.

The kit man or whatever could come on at intervals of 10 minutes and the players could spit/blow into his bag.

"And todays snot bag sponsor is Andrex Ultrasoft"

• 2 weeks later...