Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Vardy v Rooney

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t think she is that bright tbh.

She is suing the Rooneys for defamation or something similar and didn’t realise it would expose her even more to the public than just ignoring it.

I always think lawyers here have a conflict of interest..

Advise the client against legal action, they agree, and you send a bill for say, 5k

Advise the client to pursue legal action and wey-hey, 2 years later send a bill for 500k

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kushiro said:

Wow - looking back through old threads from 2016 I found this post from @MikeyT:

wow.jpg

I don't have a Times subscription and I have no idea whether that link is still live. But I haven't seen any reference to this in the media coverage of the case in the last few days. 

Do you think we ought to throw this post into the sea?

Could Vardy done be for contempt of court if he’s put a statement out saying someone has lied whilst under oath?

9 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Could Vardy done be for contempt of court if he’s put a statement out saying someone has lied whilst under oath?

I think the judge will haul him up.  He should keep his mouth shut.  How have his lawyers allowed this?

• Like 1

I must admit, reading those messages between her and her publicist… it’s just a completely different world to anything I know… I didn’t even realize  people even thought that way.. I just can’t comprehend the mindset being shown..

Just a hunch but this case seems to be going so disastrously wrong for the Vardys that I wouldn’t be surprised if they buggered off to New York under the guise of Jamie focusing on his Rochester team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Just a hunch but this case seems to be going so disastrously wrong for the Vardys that I wouldn’t be surprised if they buggered off to New York under the guise of Jamie focusing on his Rochester team.

Rochester is a shit heap hours away from anywhere you want to be in NY state, let alone Manhattan. That whole business venture is really odd. Especially considering the team he owns can’t play in the MLS either…

One thing I do recall was that teammates vid Vardy did with Sky where he spoke about how Riyad is always late. Since that became public knowledge, not sure how relevant the ‘leak’ was any longer. She’s had some blushes saved with someone else leaking the DD story too.

Shame our goat has this circus surrounding him.

I knew they were selling updated Boomer toys, but this is getting ridiculous.

ChattyBecky.JPG.f7de59ad95aaf2a143e4c824df37b9d5.JPG

Put in a coin and Becky says so many fun phrases!

You never know what she’ll say next!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, KFS said:

Rochester is a shit heap hours away from anywhere you want to be in NY state, let alone Manhattan. That whole business venture is really odd. Especially considering the team he owns can’t play in the MLS either…

One thing I do recall was that teammates vid Vardy did with Sky where he spoke about how Riyad is always late. Since that became public knowledge, not sure how relevant the ‘leak’ was any longer. She’s had some blushes saved with someone else leaking the DD story too.

Shame our goat has this circus surrounding him.

I understand a reality TV series is being made about the team ‘rising from the ashes’ with Vardy heavily featured, of course.. so this could  all be about making money and the TV show..

Edited by MPH

14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/18614190/rebekah-jamie-vardy-flee-uk-after-trial-rooneys/

Looks like Rebekah Vardy has given the scum the lowdown on their next move already.

Not that I read that scum of a paper but ..

Husband Jamie still has at least a year left on his contract at Leicester City, which representatives insist he will fulfil.

In the interview, she said: "Arguing with Coleen Rooney would be like arguing with a pigeon. You can tell it that you are right and it is wrong, but it's still going to [poop] in your hair

That is absolutely fantastic.

On 18/05/2022 at 21:38, Paninistickers said:

I always think lawyers here have a conflict of interest..

Advise the client against legal action, they agree, and you send a bill for say, 5k

Advise the client to pursue legal action and wey-hey, 2 years later send a bill for 500k

Absolutely doesn’t happen like that. Not only are lawyers bound by probably the most stringent code of conduct which effectively holds them accountable for taking a shit at the wrong time. Lawyers have a regulator who loves handing out punishments (recently disbarred a poor junior for forgetting a briefcase on a train) and are stringently bound by pre-action protocol - you bring a case that could be settled or should be settled outside of court - the judge will have you for tea. 

Also, £5k for initial advice, meeting and summary ? Lawyers need you doing their timesheet. 

This matter like many others goes to court because the client wants it to. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, StanSP said:

Nah, its just one of the semis...

"Winner" of  - Depp V Rooney
will play
"Winner" of  - Ben Roberts Smith V Craig McLaughlin

I highly recommend reading the BRS story... amazing and disgusting