Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Vardy v Rooney

As others has mentioned this is guaranteed to get Jamie firing next season. 

What I love is the fans come out with the most vile personal horrible stuff and when Vardy scores they always sit there with their hands on their head and never learn!

It's rare we're bad enough to be scoring condolence goals and his goals and celebrations almost always tear their hearts straight out with not even a whimper from them afterwards.

What always amazes me is the collective IQ is just 0. If anyone had anything about them they'd realise that you just would leave him be, but they'll make the same mistake over and over again next season and I can't wait. 

13 hours ago, Collymore said:

What I love is the fans come out with the most vile personal horrible stuff and when Vardy scores they always sit there with their hands on their head and never learn!

It's rare we're bad enough to be scoring condolence goals and his goals and celebrations almost always tear their hearts straight out with not even a whimper from them afterwards.

What always amazes me is the collective IQ is just 0. If anyone had anything about them they'd realise that you just would leave him be, but they'll make the same mistake over and over again next season and I can't wait. 

Unfortunately I think a situation like this works backwards for us and it speeds up Jamie Vardy’s departure. 

17 hours ago, Collymore said:

I actually wondered if it would force him into retirement and  make him escape to American to flee the absolute embarrassment of a situation his wife has created. They’ve long talked about moving there anyway.. Kasper leaving, Maddison ( possibly) going.. the time would be right for a changing of the guard if he so chooses…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I actually wondered if it would force him into retirement and  make him escape to American to flee the absolute embarrassment of a situation his wife has created. They’ve long talked about moving there anyway.. Kasper leaving, Maddison ( possibly) going.. the time would be right for a changing of the guard if he so chooses…

That would be a shame if that was his motive.

33 minutes ago, Corky said:

Depressing that we have to take some sort of interest in this shitshow. 

Valuable court time taken up too. Joke.

Yeah….   Valuable court time….

Most people have no concept of how many potential innocent people are in prison on remand…. The backlog from COVID is shocking, many beyond the legal limit 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Yeah….   Valuable court time….

Most people have no concept of how many potential innocent people are in prison on remand…. The backlog from COVID is shocking, many beyond the legal limit 

Trust me there are very very few innocent people on remand, just a few guilty ones who will get off with whatever crime they are on remand for due to victims not attending court or police procedural error.  Not a defence solicitor by any chance are you?

36 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Trust me there are very very few innocent people on remand, just a few guilty ones who will get off with whatever crime they are on remand for due to victims not attending court or police procedural error.  Not a defence solicitor by any chance are you?

I always thought the premise of a civilised justice system was that people were innocent until proven guilty?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

If there is simply one innocent person on remand…. That’s one too many…. I’m not sure it’s reasonable to try and quantify it like that…

Nope… I’m not a solicitor 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I always thought the premise of a civilised justice system was that people were innocent until proven guilty?

Quite…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Have you got a source for this claim please?

Very worried that, given the apparent interest in this from TV production companies that someone's going to attempt to do a dramatization which for me is an opportunity lost.

Surely getting Kevin Bishop to do it in a Star Stories way or the team that did The Windsors would be comedy gold.  It would practically write itself

On 31/07/2022 at 13:43, leicsmac said:

You're innocent in law until proven guilty.  But anyone who commits a crime is guilty in fact, although not in law, the moment he or she commits the crime.  Someone who burgles a house is a burglar the moment he does it, even if he never gets caught.

8 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

You're innocent in law until proven guilty.  But anyone who commits a crime is guilty in fact, although not in law, the moment he or she commits the crime.  Someone who burgles a house is a burglar the moment he does it, even if he never gets caught.

Yeah, de facto and de jure are different.

However as it applies to social and personal consequences, it is the latter that really matters and as such the presumption of innocence (rather than guilt) is an important part of any civilised society.

47 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, de facto and de jure are different.

However as it applies to social and personal consequences, it is the latter that really matters and as such the presumption of innocence (rather than guilt) is an important part of any civilised society.

It is indeed, however the remand system is also important where the prosecution demonstrates that bail is a significant risk.