Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Vardy v Rooney

23 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Self inflicted PR suicide. I can't quite fathom how ill-advised this whole thing was.

Millions of pounds spent on a petty squabble over some absolutely meaningless social media nonsense at a time when too many people in this country in the winter will be forced to make a choice between heating and eating.

It's just incredibly sad.

Totally agree. Too stuck in an unreal bubble. Thank goodness that so far Jamie has remained as professional and skilful as ever. You can bet too many of the general public will pay too much attention to this nonsense than issues far more important than this silliness. What a waste of money too.

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

They missed a trick not learning from Milan and naming the club AC DC, didn't they? Their players could've run out with "Highway to hell" playing over the tannoy.

I'll get my coat....

Better than being named after Milan’s rivals imagine the conversation:

You Inter DC?

Nah I’m more of a Marvel Man myself.

:tumbleweed:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Self inflicted PR suicide. I can't quite fathom how ill-advised this whole thing was.

Millions of pounds spent on a petty squabble over some absolutely meaningless social media nonsense at a time when too many people in this country in the winter will be forced to make a choice between heating and eating.

It's just incredibly sad.

In all fairness if this petty squabble had never have happened millions of people in the winter would still have had to choose between heating and eating. 

Its not like those people would have magically had the heating bills paid if this never happened. 

1 minute ago, daventry_fox said:

In all fairness if this petty squabble had never have happened millions of people in the winter would still have had to choose between heating and eating. 

Its not like those people would have magically had the heating bills paid if this never happened. 

Yeah, I wasn't really saying they could've used that money to pay people's bills. Sorry, but I think you've missed the point.

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah, I wasn't really saying they could've used that money to pay people's bills. Sorry, but I think you've missed the point.

I know what you was saying "that money was spent on a pointless court case, when it could have been used paying for heating or food in needy homes"

That money was never ever going to be used for heating or food for millions of needy homes.

So I think even bringing it up is a bit strange tbf

And even if they did spend it on heating and eating? What then? The broken system is still going to be broken when that money runs out.