Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

The Run In...

22 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Just have a feeling Leeds will batter them today. So typical when we need results to go our way

Leeds are defensively awful, and Liverpool really need the win if they’re chasing Europe. So I suspect they will probably pick up in form. 

Leeds are a bit too gung-ho at times, and that will suit Liverpool. 

Guest bennytwohats
50 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I am surprised that Leeds probability of relegation is considered so much lower than the likes of us and Everton given they still have to play Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle. Presume it's only because they would need two teams to go past them and have a slight buffer. They'll definitely be eying our fixture as the 3 points that will pull them clear though.

They’ve got 4 points and a game in hand over us, and we play 2 of those teams as well. Their starting point is much better than us. 

31 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

They’ve got 4 points and a game in hand over us, and we play 2 of those teams as well. Their starting point is much better than us. 

Yeah everyone’s starting point is better than us but we’ve got to think it’s possible to get beyond them haven’t we?

1 hour ago, J. James said:

We have to get to 17th asap - that puts pressure on whoever is below us and means they must better our results.

How people can predict a win at Fulham is beyond me!

Personally l can see a maximum of 9 points.

I think Soton and Forest are gone but for me the two crucial games are Everton (because l think it's us or them and have since we didn't try for Dyche), and West Ham who l think will not need anything and be relaxed when only a win will possibly save us.

If this scenario plays out we are sunk cos we will bottle it 100%.

I don't think there is any game in the run-in that we couldn't win. Newcastle away will be tricky but they will have had a long season and could either be feeling the pressure, or already have Top 4 in the bag. I wouldn't predict us to win all 7 but we are more than capable winning any of them. Just hope we build up some confidence and momentum.

For me, the next 3 fixtures are make or break. If we get to the end of the Everton game and are still in the relegation zone then we are in huge trouble. If we can get out and maybe even put a point or two between us and 18th, then I think we could well stay out.

Ideally we will be out of the relegation zone before we play our matches as we are pretty much the last of the teams to play every week in May.

All to play for but it must start positively this weekend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

No, just Cliff. 

Just said that he hopes the new manager can turn us around. Nothing of interest. 

The fans have created a toxic atmosphere and need to get behind the players, apparently. Didn't explain why he thought the crowd has turned. 

the foxes trust didn't turn

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Yeah everyone’s starting point is better than us but we’ve got to think it’s possible to get beyond them haven’t we?

Oh I agree. My comment was in response to the ‘I'm surprised Leeds odds of relegation are much lower than ours’ part. To me it’s not surprising at all given the starting point.

Im on board the optimism bus at this point as I think the appointment last week was a good one. However let’s not bury our heads about the size of the turnaround that’s required.

Huge few games coming up now.

From what I've seen Southampton and Forest looked doomed, then it's any one from us, Leeds or Everton, the next 4 games for us are absolutely crucial we need at least 9 points from them, nothing against Newcastle and Liverpool and then 3 points from an already safe west ham on the final day see us with 37 points which I think should just be enough anything less and it's Rotherham for us next season 

1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

They've only got 2 points plus tonight's game against Liverpool over Forest. I guess Forest have probably an even worse run in though.

Going to be tight but I think Leeds, Everton, Forest and Southampton look worse than us.

We need to beat Leeds and Everton and win one of Fulham or Wolves to get our self out of it, with Newcastle and West Ham also being winnable games... we may just have enough I feel esp with the superior goal difference but will take the right team selections and players to turn up and get the job done.

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Going to be tight but I think Leeds, Everton, Forest and Southampton look worse than us.

We need to beat Leeds and Everton and win one of Fulham or Wolves to get our self out of it, with Newcastle and West Ham also being winnable games... we may just have enough I feel esp with the superior goal difference but will take the right team selections and players to turn up and get the job done.

Nobody 'looks worse than us'. We're conceding over 20 shots a game, sometimes even 20 shots a half. We're the worst side in this league by a distance, yet, there's a slim chance of survival because of the individual quality we have. During our 'Great Escape' season we were so so much better than we are now. We were getting narrowly beaten, whereas this season we've been disgraced and destroyed by lower league sides. 

I can't believe how so many still fail to see how deep this hole is that we're in. Should we go down, there's far more chance of back to back relegation than a mid table season in the Championship, we're simply that bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Nobody 'looks worse than us'. We're conceding over 20 shots a game, sometimes even 20 shots a half. We're the worst side in this league by a distance, yet, there's a slim chance of survival because of the individual quality we have. During our 'Great Escape' season we were so so much better than we are now. We were getting narrowly beaten, whereas this season we've been disgraced and destroyed by lower league sides. 

I can't believe how so many still fail to see how deep this hole is that we're in. Should we go down, there's far more chance of back to back relegation than a mid table season in the Championship, we're simply that bad. 

I think we looked a little better on Saturday wrt to conceding shots 

tbh, we probably get a draw against the all conquering villa without KDH red card 

the Bournemouth performance is a huge worry considering the way we dealt with the whole situation on a mental level.  The new coaching staff have their biggest task in sorting that out ahead of Saturday 

• Like 1

It will be a huge test of our mentality in the must not lose games vs Leeds and Everton. 

This is where I fancy Smith, Terry and Shakespeare to have an impact and us start to show signs of being up for the mental and physical battle than we've ever previously shown.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It will be a huge test of our mentality in the must not lose games vs Leeds and Everton. 

This is where I fancy Smith, Terry and Shakespeare to have an impact and us start to show signs of being up for the mental and physical battle than we've ever previously shown.

They started Wilf and Vardy, wasn’t a great start, but we’ll see. Can’t afford to make selection errors like that again 

34 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

It realism when talking of the others and blind hope with us. Understandable really. Not much point even looking if you chose realism for us, forest look dead, southampton look buried, Everton and Leeds are shit.... And us, we're the ****ing worst of the lot on form. But tbf, we have changed it up and have reason to be more optimistic than those... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I’m with you mate. Genuinely feel they can claw us out of this. 

• Like 1