Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Don’t write us off so easily. 

Everton have had significant deductions this season and will finish well clear of the bottom three. 

If we get the business right then we could be absolutely fine. There’s a lot of shit in the premier league…. I’d say we’re better now than the bottom 4 teams, so that’s a starter for ten.

We just need to get the summer right, plus Forest staying up could help us the talk is they’re getting points back, which would aid both us and Everton V the Pl.

Right now I am bullish we can stay up. A bit of clever recruitment and a solid preseason and i think we can go in with some confidence. Also, if we can keep the deductions down to 3 points i think we stand a chance. 

We will be losing a lot of matches, and people are going to need to reset their expectations around that. IMHO all the talk of Pep and Champagne players needs to stop. We need enough to survive, and as Sheff Utd / Luton / Forest / Brentford have shown that a variety of styles don't magically fix problems.

• Like 1

Congrats to Ipswich and big up McKenna. But a cautionary tale, because Southampton and Norwich were the last two clubs to do it, managed by Nigel Adkins and Paul Lambert. Adkins was immediately ditched for Poch, rightfully so, and is currently managing Tranmere in League Two. Paul Lambert bounced around 6 clubs since Norwich and they all hate him, most recently Ipswich. I'm not saying McKenna is a bad coach but sometimes the momentum just carries you through the leagues.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Right now I am bullish we can stay up. A bit of clever recruitment and a solid preseason and i think we can go in with some confidence. Also, if we can keep the deductions down to 3 points i think we stand a chance. 

We will be losing a lot of matches, and people are going to need to reset their expectations around that. IMHO all the talk of Pep and Champagne players needs to stop. We need enough to survive, and as Sheff Utd / Luton / Forest / Brentford have shown that a variety of styles don't magically fix problems.

I think we will survive. I think Enzo’s idea will be better suited to the premier league, but we need the players to execute it. 

We are going to have to be savvy in the market, we’ve managed it before which gives me hope. 

I know I lost my head when we were wobbling, but now the season is done, and my sanity has returned, it’s clear that there’s a strong bond between the players and Enzo, they clearly big into him, and this will stand us in good stead next season. 

On 03/05/2024 at 22:44, Wortho said:

He wasn’t great at wolves🤷‍♀️

Wolves owners pursued him for years, then when they finally got him reneged on everything they’d said. He was unhappy there almost immediately

Posted (edited)

The top 3 Championship teams that were promoted last year won 78 games in the league between them, a win ratio of 57%. They are the bottom 3 teams in the EPL as things stand today with 14 wins between them, a win ratio of 12%.

It feels like the winning ticket is a return ticket. I'd expect all three promoted teams this year to repeat the feat achieved by the three teams promoted last season seeing none of these teams has dominated throughout the season and will without much doubt get picked apart with great ease in the Premiership. The coming season may be best watched while wearing a blindfold. Vardy, our number one goal scorer by a long way with 20 goals only managed 3 in the sides last EPL season. I'm expecting a weekly horror show so it can only be bettered or battered each week.

Edited by Bazly

14 minutes ago, Bazly said:

The top 3 Championship teams that were promoted last year won 78 games in the league between them, a win ratio of 57%. They are the bottom 3 teams in the EPL as things stand today with 14 wins between them, a win ratio of 12%.

It feels like the winning ticket is a return ticket. I'd expect all three promoted teams this year to repeat the feat achieved by the three teams promoted last season seeing none of these teams has dominated throughout the season and will without much doubt get picked apart with great ease in the Premiership. The coming season may be best watched while wearing a blindfold. Vardy, our number one goal scorer by a long way with 20 goals only managed 3 in the sides last EPL season. I'm expecting a weekly horror show so it can only be bettered or battered each week.

Just don't even have promotions any more....

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Bazly said:

clearly a huge lack of awareness on your part. Our team is no worse than any of those current sides, i’d argue were better than them already. 

Ourselves, leeds and southampton are all foundationaally stronger than those sides and our issue isn’t the gap but the financial situation we’ve put ourselves in. If we had a clean slate and the usual money to spend of a promoted club I would back us to comfortably avoid relegation. But that is our own doing and nothing to with the gap you’re talking about. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1