Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danizen

Who's Calling Out Brendan?

In equal measurements, there's not enough pressure on the board / owner. We all see the issue re: Rudkin, yet he's both involved in conducting a review of the season and we are also led to believe that he's in London interviewing for a new Manager. That is beyond comprehension 

I can't recall the journalist but I read a report that listed the reasons for our failure this season.  It included the money stuff, but also stated that Rodgers had made some dubious decisions, particularly playing Amartey and side-lining Cags, who at the time was back in the team and clearly demonstrating that Rodgers had been lying when he said Cags wasn't good enough.  

I think it's significant that the club have let Amartey go, with seemingly no attempts at offering him a new contract.  That speaks volumes, and begs the question - if the board knew he wasn't good enough, why didn't someone challenge Rodgers when he kept playing him?!!  Very frustrating.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, shailen said:

He wasn't backed last summer but talk about throwing your toys out of the pram. A good manager wouldn't have let this out to the media but he pretty much slated the squad which I'm convinced was the reason for our abysmal start to the season. 

I read this or last week that he came back thinking the out of contract boys would be on their way and he'd have some cash.

But thats when he should have been bigger, acting like a kid who had had his toys taken away, the majority of managers on more than one occasion have to deal with not having the transfer budget they hoped for and dealing with it.

Brentford 1 sub @ 2-0 & 2-1, when it was chuffing hot and Frank brings on 5, that 2pts would have kept us up!!  

Multiple times we had righted the ship, pre world cup 5 wins and a draw in 8, then Villa & Tottenham in Feb.

But his job is to make players better, he just didn't, one of the main comments by the press is how did THAT squad get relegated, he was integral to that a team that last year was 8th & a Euro semi final.

Mid table mediocrity for the manager at best, too worried about his own image, sadly.

• Like 2

A 10 minute explore on Google to Rodgers and his son Aaron, their links and background speaks volumes.

I was told by the father of a first team player that money was/is Rodgers God.

His life is about making as much money as possible by lying, pushing brand Brendan and spewing out the same copy and paste tactics that the sports media swallow and call him 'elite'

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

The board kept him in place for far too long when they had the power to change it. I feel far more anger towards them at the moment. 

Same. Part of me wants his name tarnished outside the club. But the board, Rudkin and Top are to blame.

If you give someone your car and let them joyride it then your incompetence is to blame for the crash.

It beggars belief that they let it go on for so long when it was clear what he was doing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

The board kept him in place for far too long when they had the power to change it. I feel far more anger towards them at the moment. 

As bad as Rodgers was he couldn't sack himself could he? Totally agree. 

52 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

He tried pretty hard to sack himself didn't he - it began to look like he really didn't want to be there, and just wanted his massive pay-off, knowing he'd never be blamed in the media as the "lack of money" narrative was so prevalent. 

And our mug of a board took it

4 hours ago, Qwerty said:

I can't recall the journalist but I read a report that listed the reasons for our failure this season.  It included the money stuff, but also stated that Rodgers had made some dubious decisions, particularly playing Amartey and side-lining Cags, who at the time was back in the team and clearly demonstrating that Rodgers had been lying when he said Cags wasn't good enough.  

I think it's significant that the club have let Amartey go, with seemingly no attempts at offering him a new contract.  That speaks volumes, and begs the question - if the board knew he wasn't good enough, why didn't someone challenge Rodgers when he kept playing him?!!  Very frustrating.

Amartey was clap trap in reality and like Daka, is a Championship player at best. Yes, DA put in "a shift" when unexpectedly asked to start and all that (why wouldn't you if on £70-£80k a week?!) but it should never have come to that unnecessary compromise in the first place with personality issues between Rodgers and Soyuncu being the sole reason as to why Amartey started so many games last season....probably more times than he did for the previous four seasons put together. No surprise that he's not being retained though, even though he was the third longest serving player behind Vardy and Albrighton of course....

Edited by Guy

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Same. Part of me wants his name tarnished outside the club. But the board, Rudkin and Top are to blame.

If you give someone your car and let them joyride it then your incompetence is to blame for the crash.

It beggars belief that they let it go on for so long when it was clear what he was doing.

Indeed, everybody could see it but .... them! 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Part of me thinks that he wanted to sabotage the start to the season in order to make the point to the board, thinking once he got his way he'd easily win enough games for the club to meet its targets. Some of the decisions especially in the first 10 games or so were mindboggling, as you mentioned with the Brentford game it was clear we were drained after 70 minutes. 

I think that was definitely his plan, I also think he had a similar plan after the World Cup break to ensure he got reinforcements in January, he did but unfortunately I think the rot has truly set in and he couldn’t then recover the situation. 

• Like 2

Its time to put this to bed really, we had 1000 pages before he cleared off and nothing that can be said about the man has been missed. Otherwise we will still be going on about it in ten years time alongside our 250th. failed attempt to find a "right winger". The next era of LCFC begins now and there is plenty of work to do.

Edited by An Sionnach

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its time to put this to bed really, we had 1000 pages before he cleared off and nothing that can be said about the man has been missed. Otherwise we will still be going on about it in ten years time alongside our 250th. failed attempt to find a "right winger". The next era of LCFC begins now and there is plenty of work to do.

how about a right footed right winger to get to the bye line when  championship clubs park a bus in front of us?

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

how about a right footed right winger to get to the bye line when  championship clubs park a bus in front of us?

Here we are 3 years later and we still don't have a right Winger. It's not as if it's hard to find a natural right Winger.

The man hadn't a clue about picking players.

• Like 1

Having just listened to Ben fosters pod on the season just gone; I'm actually baffled by how stupid some people so close to football can be.

"Tubes" spouting absolute rubbish and you can see why no serious show has ever picked him up.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Having just listened to Ben fosters pod on the season just gone; I'm actually baffled by how stupid some people so close to football can be.

"Tubes" spouting absolute rubbish and you can see why no serious show has ever picked him up.

Let me guess. He thinks we'd have stayed up if we'd kept Brendan?