Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Football Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Very serious injury of the RKC goalkeeper just a while ago and the game vs Ajax is abandoned. Hope he's well but it's a bit worrying there's limited information and updates right now. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1708224732292632742

Absolutely horrifying. Serious head injury, possibly a neck break?

Hard to tell watching that whether he actually collides with the onrushing Ajax player in white or his defender. He seems to lose consciousness immediately and the midfielder reacts very quickly.

This could be a serious one.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Is Rob Earnshaw broken? 

His accent and sentences are all over the place. 

It’s like he talks without knowing how to end what he’s saying and with no idea what he’s planning on following it up with. 

He pissed me off last week giving a standing ovation (by himself lol) when Liverpool scored their 2nd. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Infantino needs to be stopped so fvcking badly. Absolute pirate. Get him out of our game.

At least Blatter just awarded it to the single country that was prepared to pay him the most.

It's only a matter of time before a World Cup is played all over the world, no specific hosts, just wherever.

This shit really needs to stop.

It should be about the fans. Nothing else.

I don’t know how long we still have to enjoy him, but where & when football fans go into drowse mode.. This great veteran footballer crops up again & again, confirming again that providence that followed him through his career..

Some fans couldn’t take to him,but since his Manu days he’s swathed a positive trail through that career. Character and controversy has been part of his nature,but I have never had an axe to grind on the sport or individuals,I just love the game.

Like Rugby,Cricket,most sports.

One path that has always sparkled,carrying on from my childhood,looking,watching,learning (good or bad) building one’s own opinions on so called sporting heroes or those long period special characters. Pele,Beckenbauer,Moore,Gerson,Maradonna,Maldini, Cryuff Messi.

But this old git,like Vardy,just won’t go away. Love him,marmite him,hate him..

Ronaldo keeps pulling teammates and Portugal through his slipstream.

His face ,he carries his mommy-Boy emotions, a guys face sometimes you feel like

punching,but behind that is a determined grit,and below carries most of the skills to make a complete a top unbelievable attacking footballer,who even after short dips,will guarantee all,he will find the net…Controversally one of the top goalscorers of my time 1950s-now.. Put him down with words,but like since his teenage yrs,promised to reach the hights of his aspirations.That he has taken those skills beyond many decenters and supporters expectations…

I don’t compare,in these situations,I just Note & enjoy the simplicity of watching him,and Messi play. Maybe Bellingham will find and dig out a simular  path..

Doesnt fall short,like Best or Gasgoine.

If my generation held onto Pele‘s ,Getson’s considered greatness,Ronaldo a tick more than Messi,also has held/pulled his average Nation‘s aspirations to higher levels..

IMO,the others mentioned played for better quality spread all round sides.

Ronaldo 38,and has ploughed & stood tall through Europe & New platforms,

and still going strong.He can’t stop scoring..

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Admittedly, had thought that Kane would struggle at Bayern; but fair play to him in that he's grasping the opportunity very well.

Why would you think he'd struggle at one of the best teams in europe after doing so well at a medicore one?

Edited by purpleronnie