Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

He was stifled yesterday after getting that early yellow card. I think that he's going to do well for us. 

...if he is attacking then the problem will be with the opposition's defenders, not an issue for Mavididi!!!

It will be if he has to defend or prevent a breakaway from a turnover then he would put himself in trouble. There is no reason why he should not be attacking his Fullback being on a yellow card.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if he is attacking then the problem will be with the opposition's defenders, not an issue for Mavididi!!!

It will be if he has to defend or prevent a breakaway from a turnover then he would put himself in trouble. There is no reason why he should not be attacking his Fullback being on a yellow card.

Mavididi uses defensive plays to get himself back in games. When the game got away from him at Huddersfield, he went through two players and picked up a foul but it got him fired up and more involved in the game. The early yellow removed that option for him. 

A winger on a yellow might be a little more hesitant to press aggressively, which absolutely makes a big impact on attacking play. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Just needs someone on that right side to help take the pressure off and help stretch defences.

Looks decent enough and will do well over the course of the season. 

Absolutely. Madividua is doing really well, but he's not taking on or getting past his full back at the moment. A pacy player who likes to take players on on the right hand side would drag opponents over that way, opening up space for Mavididi to cruise into on the left.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Will1981 said:

Great performance tonight with a goal and an assist but he should have had 3 assists, I think he thinks he is bigger than the club and he needs to get his ego in check before he costs us points.

I never get when people say stuff like this about players, how can you come to this conclusion?

A player being greedy, which plenty of attacking players are, does not mean he thinks he is bigger than the club

If he thought he was bigger than the club he would've gone to one of the top division sides in France that wanted him, not to us in the Championship

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I never get when people say stuff like this about players, how can you come to this conclusion?

A player being greedy, which plenty of attacking players are, does not mean he thinks he is bigger than the club

If he thought he was bigger than the club he would've gone to one of the top division sides in France that wanted him, not to us in the Championship

Greedy is one thing but shooting when a five yard pass gives us a certain goal twice in 5 minutes does not sit well with me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Great performance tonight with a goal and an assist but he should have had 3 assists, I think he thinks he is bigger than the club and he needs to get his ego in check before he costs us points.

How have you come to that conclusion? The guy looks like he is loving it here and I’m loving watching him here.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Vardy just said he'd have done the same and it's all about the win!

I don't get this 'bigger than the club' attitude, especially after such a short time. Not even sure how fans come to the conclusion as you say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Greedy is one thing but shooting when a five yard pass gives us a certain goal twice in 5 minutes does not sit well with me.

But he goes on to score after and pretty much take all the pressure off the side. If he missed the 2nd one, then I think any harsh criticism would be fair. 

He's a confidence player and when in full flow, he's great to watch. Can be frustrating with the miss earlier today, but he clearly doesn't let it get to him. And neither should we...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Once we've coached decision making into him he'll be unplayable

I'm not convinced that'll happen.

There's been plenty of clubs that have tried.

He'll help us get out of this division, hopefully, but I'm not sure it'll be much more than that.

He's old enough to know better by now, you can't get away with things like that simple square pass to Vardy in the Premier League, you'll be punished.

• Like 2