Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

but I would say he is one player who is totally committed to being here, his reaction everytime we score is that of a player who has already taken the club to his heart. 

...you could say the same for Faes, who when he came in,was celebrating when making blocks or making a great tackle!!!

Pretty much an exhibitionist and very much attention seeking. 

He (Mavididi) needs to be working on his decision making and his supply to the forward and supporting midfielders. If there is one thing that tends to be the case is that they will continue to do the same thing over and over again. Someone needs to have a word, the thing with Manchester City is that they go out and buy players who can already do what they want them to do. Coaching and the players self awareness of what is needed is pretty important due to where we are.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

Felt like on several occasions yesterday he was in acres of space to be played in behind, only for KDH to either not see him, or his first touch with his left foot took him inside and back infield. If he had opened his body and allowed the ball to roll across him he could have just rolled Mavididi in.

As for Mavididi, he’s obviously very talented, but there’s a reason he was available for £7 million to a team in the Championship, he’ll be inconsistent. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, skolfoxes said:

Felt like on several occasions yesterday he was in acres of space to be played in behind, only for KDH to either not see him, or his first touch with his left foot took him inside and back infield. If he had opened his body and allowed the ball to roll across him he could have just rolled Mavididi in.

As for Mavididi, he’s obviously very talented, but there’s a reason he was available for £7 million to a team in the Championship, he’ll be inconsistent. 

I noticed it too, and in the Coventry game. Hopefully KDH can work on his link up with Mavididi but it does appear to be one of his weaknesses.

Mavididi is a decent purchase. As you say inconsistent, and he does lack a bit of pace, but will deliver some trickery and go past his marker to create chances.

5 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think he’s a typical upper championship level winger from what I’ve seen. Exciting and got great feet but often lacks quality in the final third. 

I agree with this. Sort of Knockaert level.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Because hes scored a goal?

Scored a goal, got an assist, we don’t score the equaliser against Cov without him. So basically 3 goal contributions in 3 games. As the other post says probably gained us 4 points.  

Not sure what else you want?

Edited by Simmo86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

I noticed it too, and in the Coventry game. Hopefully KDH can work on his link up with Mavididi but it does appear to be one of his weaknesses.

Mavididi is a decent purchase. As you say inconsistent, and he does lack a bit of pace, but will deliver some trickery and go past his marker to create chances.

We worked some nice openings only for it to break down just before the final ball. You’d like to think that if we have noticed then so has Enzo, if KDH is made aware of it then hopefully going forwards he has a glance over his shoulder to see if it’s on.

7 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think he’s a typical upper championship level winger from what I’ve seen. Exciting and got great feet but often lacks quality in the final third. 

Pretty much sums up my early thoughts on him.

I don’t think we’ve unearthed a gem, that will be sold for big money in a few years anyway. Just a steady at this level kind of player.

Happy to be proven wrong though!

• Like 1