Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

Those saying that Vardy would have squared the ball are completely off their rocker, 999 out of 1000 any player in that situation is taking the shot on, especially someone like Vardy, how else do you think he's scored over 170 goals for us. Vardy takes the shot every single time.

Mavididi is a classic winger, will blow very hot and cold, not just week on week but in games. He'll go from the sublime to the ridiculous in a matter of minutes. His end product, which is clear to everyone, is what lets him down but hopefully that improves with time and if results continue, with confidence too.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'm not convinced that'll happen.

There's been plenty of clubs that have tried.

He'll help us get out of this division, hopefully, but I'm not sure it'll be much more than that.

He's old enough to know better by now, you can't get away with things like that simple square pass to Vardy in the Premier League, you'll be punished.

Thing is, this post could have been written near enough word for word about Grealish while he was at Villa, dude was talented but single minded and selfish, working with Pep improved his team game no end. No reason Enzo can't do the same with Mavididi 

He didn't pass those two in the 2nd half because he'd missed a hat full already, likewise vs Rotherham and I feel he was desperate to score. Maddison and Barnes always did that and I understand, you want to get that goal and settle down again.

Vardy is one of the most unselfish players I've ever seen and the amount of times he's squared chances like that is countless, but not always. You have to have a desire to shoot and sometimes it's the only thing on a players mind and there's no room for indecision.

Mavididi is a whirl wind, reminds me of Lloyd Dyer in his end product but I love his skill and style of play. I've no major issue in a side that will create vast amounts of opportunities that he isn't a killer. Hopefully he improves but so far I've been spot on in my assessment that he'd deliver at this level.

2 goals, 2 assists and unlucky not to have plenty more. Keep it up Stephy.

• Like 2

21 seconds into the match Mavividi could have shot, but passes back to create Vardy's goal.

Excellent work on the outside of the box, created enough space for a shot, but picks out Ndidi for his goal.

3 times he shot when he could have passed and he scored 1 of them.

We were 2 goals up and I don't mind a forward with a bit of greed as long as he doesn't do it all the time

The fact that he got in a position to have the option of pass or shoot 5 times last night is what shows his talent and although he may frustrate, he is going to excite more.

Apart from the game itself, I haven’t watched the goals back yet but that failure to lay off to Vardy was a bit error that fortunately didn’t cost us.

I was really pleased for him he scored just after and want a run and goal. I felt that he had more right to go for that as it looked like the support may have been just behind and the goalkeepers position gave him room to find the corner whereas if he’d later it off, it felt like the players supporting wouldn’t have had such a clear tap in as Vardy would have had just before.

So I’m not sure if they are that comparable basically.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Those saying that Vardy would have squared the ball are completely off their rocker, 999 out of 1000 any player in that situation is taking the shot on, especially someone like Vardy, how else do you think he's scored over 170 goals for us. Vardy takes the shot every single time.

Mavididi is a classic winger, will blow very hot and cold, not just week on week but in games. He'll go from the sublime to the ridiculous in a matter of minutes. His end product, which is clear to everyone, is what lets him down but hopefully that improves with time and if results continue, with confidence too.

Vardy has earn't the right to shoot in that position with his record but I think even he would have passed to the open man in that position for a guaranteed goal.

16 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

I was a bit annoyed at him for decision making but that last goal was so great all is forgiven! One of the things I like about him is he's so strong, did a good bit of defending as well

he has a great engine, looks just as fit in the last 10 as he does at the start of the game.

I thought he looked a different player tonight very energetic compared to previous games where he's looked disinterested to me. Maybe it's because he had more space to attack rather than compact defences.

• Like 1

At 25 you’d probably think that SM would have ironed the deficiencies out of his game. It’s an age that is past the raw talent phase. 

If he hadn’t got them he’d probably already be in the Premier League. So we might have to be patient with him at times. 

It’s not impossible for him to get better from here and people will point to many examples where players have blossomed later in their careers.

At present, though, we only need him to be good enough to help get us out of this division. 

• Like 1

I like how in his interview post game, he says himself that his decision making could have been better. 

He scored, got an assist and some players would maybe have been content with that but to stand and point out things he done wrong after a goal and assist is encouraging. 

I like him. He's direct and exciting, he also puts the work in so I can overlook those moments when he's a bit frustrating but that's easy to say after a win I suppose.