Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

8 hours ago, enmac said:

Better than any RW we've had for a few years. Why are they so hard to find? 

As someone (Stadt? Strider?) pointed out the other day, statistical probability plays a big part. 

If you want a left footed one, mathematically it's just simply more challenging than finding a right footed player. There are fewer to choose from. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

As someone (Stadt? Strider?) pointed out the other day, statistical probability plays a big part. 

If you want a left footed one, mathematically it's just simply more challenging than finding a right footed player. There are fewer to choose from. 

Thanks. It seems obvious now you've told me. 

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Left-footers are massively overrepresented in professional football. Instead of 12% of the population, roughly 23% of professionals are left-footed.

Doesn't change your point, but just kinda cool to know.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

Left-footers are massively overrepresented in professional football. Instead of 12% of the population, roughly 23% of professionals are left-footed.

Doesn't change your point, but just kinda cool to know.

I would think one informs the other to an extent as well. If you're recruiting, say, office workers or cabin crew I can't imagine it's especially important which foot they prefer whereas when you're assembling a football team it is useful to have a balance, so left footers become more desirable. If you've got two kids who are identical in terms of ability and mentality but one's right footed and one's left then you might as well take the leftie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, enmac said:

Thanks. It seems obvious now you've told me. 

...it does make sense, yet we do not recruit well for that position!!!

You notice other teams have done it, we are just poor at doing so. A case in point is our struggle to get a loan from Palace, for Rak-Sakyi yet have irons in the fire for two more, there is plenty out there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Guest said:

If you've got two kids who are identical in terms of ability and mentality but one's right footed and one's left then you might as well take the leftie.

Now that’s the way to parent.👍  

I hope the right-footed one found a good home? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Finnegan said:

KDH is the worst for it. Has ignored him a few times in both games. He seems to hates passing to him. He hates passing to VK too. 

It's not personal, he's just terrified of using his right foot. Always looks to pass in field with his left if he can. 

This is what’s so frustrating and why I can’t warm to him as much as I want to.  He is more comfortable stopping an attack and turning back than attempting to pass with his right. 

I can’t wait to see Mavididi running with the ball in space at back tracking defenders. We need Nacho to stay focused and stay near the goal rather than drop deep just to get a touch of the ball.  Hopefully these two can find a rhythm. 

I would like to see Ricardo try some of those nice passes he’s been playing to the LW as Stephy has been having to deal with Vestagaards hoofs. 

VK and him would link up well together. 

23 hours ago, Finnegan said:

KDH is the worst for it. Has ignored him a few times in both games. He seems to hates passing to him. He hates passing to VK too. 

It's not personal, he's just terrified of using his right foot. Always looks to pass in field with his left if he can. 

While I agree a 100% with what you’ve said, I think it needs pointing out that KDH has had a couple of cracks at goal with his right foot this season. I wonder/hope if it’s something Maresca has told him to work on. Nothing wrong with being overly dominant on one foot, but I’d never even seen him use his right until the Cov game

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

While I agree a 100% with what you’ve said, I think it needs pointing out that KDH has had a couple of cracks at goal with his right foot this season. I wonder/hope if it’s something Maresca has told him to work on. Nothing wrong with being overly dominant on one foot, but I’d never even seen him use his right until the Cov game

Absolutely and look, he's one of our best players now and one of my favourites in the squad. I'm not particularly taking a pop. But our build up play has suffered a few times because he hasn't looked outside himself to the winger and I'm pretty sure it's about his comfort passing off the other foot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely and look, he's one of our best players now and one of my favourites in the squad. I'm not particularly taking a pop. But our build up play has suffered a few times because he hasn't looked outside himself to the winger and I'm pretty sure it's about his comfort passing off the other foot. 

I think we would benefit if KDH were to play on the right side of the centre rather than the left. 

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Without a doubt, I remember there was a moment a few minutes in against Coventry when he was breaking with the ball and could have played Mavididi in with his right foot, it wasn’t a difficult pass, but instead he used the outside of his left which is much more difficult to execute while running a pace, and forced Mavididi wide. 

Things like that are so frustrating, and is a clear weakness in his game. But the fact he’s took a couple of shots with his right gives me hope he’s consciously working on it this year 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think we desperately need more of a out and out number 10 in this system. Enzo would have been perfect for Barnes and Maddison.

I like the Casadei signing and think that's good depth but a really technical player who can dictate the ball from the edge of the opposing penalty area would be fantastic for breaking sides down.

A David Silva type. I know they don't grow on trees (especially at this level) but I think that's the sort of player that would be vital for games like Huddersfield where we're struggling to break teams down and create good chances.

I know Ilias Chair was linked but I'd like someone a bit better.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I think we desperately need more of a out and out number 10 in this system. Enzo would have been perfect for Barnes and Maddison.

I like the Casadei signing and think that's good depth but a really technical player who can dictate the ball from the edge of the opposing penalty area would be fantastic for breaking sides down.

A David Silva type. I know they don't grow on trees (especially at this level) but I think that's the sort of player that would be vital for games like Huddersfield where we're struggling to break teams down and create good chances.

...I would be happy to use Oscar Bobb for this role!!!

He can interchange his role, he does play as a #8/#10 and very much is a team player.

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Sebastian Nanasi or Krisztián Litzes please, the latter is going to be absolutely incredible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Easily 3 if not 4 players short in the attacking 3rd and that’s after cadasei In - I think the gaffer knows it to - ndidi, praet, marcal, mcateer , albrighton are not good enough to cause other teams major problems at the top end of the pitch - majorly lack of quality of decision making or being able to beat a man 1 on 1 - the great news like I said is that enzo knows it - let’s hope the club listen - and sharpish 

as for mavididi - solid start - seems to love it on the socials as well - always love a player that wants to be loved by the fans - his end product will be coached every day and again some more quality in middle and right wing will help him - hopefully he gets the support 

Edited by jv1