Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Was the last player to go back in after the match. Gave a nice long walk around applauding and waving at the fans.

Yeah. I really liked that. Showed then and also in his celebration of the winner that he really cares. Good on him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Was the last player to go back in after the match. Gave a nice long walk around applauding and waving at the fans.

Noticed that as well, seemed to be soaking it in, my nephew had a photo with him after the game and before we said anything he asked how we all were , seemed a nice lad

• Like 3

I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw from him today. Given his career path to date I wasn’t expecting him to pull up any trees. 

I particularly liked how he just kept going at the opposition full back. His pace will frighten defenders. Could be a bit of a rough diamond.

Looking forward to seeing more. 

Really don’t know what people are seeing saying he did well he’s not massively quick from looking at that first game his first touch is extremely questionable! And can’t seem to take a man on got slightly better towards the end but we have a manager that should be able to improve him. I don’t see him doing anything amazing but give him a chance to get fit and settle in then judge him more in a couple of months 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Really don’t know what people are seeing saying he did well he’s not massively quick from looking at that first game his first touch is extremely questionable! And can’t seem to take a man on got slightly better towards the end but we have a manager that should be able to improve him. I don’t see him doing anything amazing but give him a chance to get fit and settle in then judge him more in a couple of months 

People being positive about a player , I’d take that any day in here. Plus the nice little touches he did and the assist for the second goal , cheer up mate. 

• Like 1

Played a part in both goals? Assisted the winner? It’s not a bad debut is it considering he’s been here with the group, for what… less than a week? 

He is better on the ball than Barnes, but agree he hasn’t got as much pace. I think people like that he cared, great reaction to both goals. That will go a long way with fans, especially after what we endured the last ~2 years. 

• Like 2

Think he did pretty well - exactly as some had described on the transfer thread - wouldn’t cut it in the prem but at this level he should be relatively decent for us - not rapid or silky but he has got a bit about him - they missed him out completely first 20 mins of second half but once they got the ball out there a few times he got into the game - helped when they subbed their right back who handled him well - definitely did more after that - first game - you would hope he will get better as the team gets better - these tactics massively rely on the wingers being the main source of attack and 1 v 1 - he looked to me like he will be more than good enough for this league 

Not massively quick? Did you see that ****ing insane run he did just after the first goal? As soon as his engines started revving Cov shat themselves…… 

• Like 1

He is a bit unkept at times, but that might have been his eagerness to impress. He snatched at a lot of things, but he all of a sudden settled and came to life in the second half. 

How anyone can suggest he isn’t fast, is ****ing lunacy…… that run he did where he knocked the ball of his head and knee, was frightening…. Needs to be nourished by Enzo which he will be, and once he’s tidied up a few areas of his game he will be a useful asset at this level. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not massively quick? Did you see that ****ing insane run he did just after the first goal? As soon as his engines started revving Cov shat themselves…… 

That's what I thought. I came away thinking this lad is rapid and have been surprised by some of comments. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What lol 

The lad that they brought on to try and defend him better (Van Ewijk) is known to be lightning fast and Mavididi just kept jogging past him.

He's going to make a lot of defenders look daft at this level. 

• Like 3

it was almost like at 60 mins he found his reserve tank! i was sure he was going to get brought off as he looked shattered but then from no where he found another gear to go into! 

He probably needs to work on his defending a bit as he didnt really help Doyle when they had an overlap but if EM is anything like Pep he will demand that from him. 

Exciting debut for someone who has only been with the other players 5 days and had a very limited preseason. 

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You'll notice he started coming into the game a lot more after their right wing back Eccles came off. I think most full backs will struggle with him unless they're absolute athletes.