Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s his late run into the box which created space for McAteer. I’m sure he’s doing it consciously, but that’s really head smart football.

I think at the moment with us not fully up to speed with Enzo ball might he start with Ndidi because he might offer more defensively? No doubt Casadei offers far more going forward. 

not at home to Cardiff i hope

10 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s his late run into the box which created space for McAteer. I’m sure he’s doing it consciously, but that’s really head smart football.

I think at the moment with us not fully up to speed with Enzo ball might he start with Ndidi because he might offer more defensively? No doubt Casadei offers far more going forward. 

Watching the goal back and Cesare starts his run into the box so early on. Can see why Enzo wanted him in, instantly gravitating straight to the box and creates space for our winner. 

Funnily enough you see KDH run into the box a little later on. Goes back to the interview with Enzo having to tell kdh and ndidi to get into the box, whereas Cesare is making those runs automatically 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Only watched the highlights but read some comments about him being poor and looking disinterested when he came on yesterday. Not sure if that was really the case? 

I thought he looked ok. Tidy and did some defensive work, won a header emphatically that set up kels … but kels did a kels 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Only watched the highlights but read some comments about him being poor and looking disinterested when he came on yesterday. Not sure if that was really the case? 

Wasn't he playing 1 or 2 games for Italy u21s during international gap? Looked a bit knackered, that's all I think. Enzo rested all the internationals, so give him a couple of weeks to get sorted.

11 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Wasn't he playing 1 or 2 games for Italy u21s during international gap? Looked a bit knackered, that's all I think. Enzo rested all the internationals, so give him a couple of weeks to get sorted.

He played the full 90 in both games for Italy u21s, one of the games was on Tuesday as well

If he only got back on Thursday then I am not that surprised he still looked knackered

Funny how people see matches differently.....

I thought he looked good, if unspectacular.

Moved around the pitch well, giving teammates a passing option and then distributing calmly and accurately, even under pressure.

Also got stuck into one or two challenges, including aerial duels.

He looks increasingly confident and classy to me. I reckon he's going to be a big player for us this season.

• Like 2

He looked off it for most of the time he was on imo. Just a yard slower physically and mentally. He just didn't get up to speed until towards the end of the game when he showed some neat footwork in possession and retained possession well.

Hard to expect a young player to be completely on top form playing three games a week, he'll need to be managed well. And it's great that Ndidi is showing promise in his new role so there's less pressure on Casadei to perform.

He'll be the bee's knees when he's properly bedded in.

I thought he was trying a bit hard to find the killer pass, but too often took too long and found himself shoved off the ball in a physical game.

In fact, I thought he looked a young player that needs a season on loan in the Championship to learn how to cope in the English game... which funnily enough is what he is.