Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

19 hours ago, ronnup said:

I suspect we go back for Mcateer, get Sensi on a free, we'd need a better CB or even 2, quicker,  and probably 2 more wingers 

Yes, wingers are critical to Enzo's game plan so I suspect we will be looking to bring in a couple.  I don't know if Man C will sell him but Doyle would be a useful acquisition.

44 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Yes, wingers are critical to Enzo's game plan so I suspect we will be looking to bring in a couple.  I don't know if Man C will sell him but Doyle would be a useful acquisition.

I'm sure I heard a commentator remark recently that he could be available for as little as £4m-£5m (I presumed you meant Tommy rather than Callum btw). Would be bonkers if true, even with a year left on his current deal by the time the summer comes around. Him and McAtee would be a very good start to the window. Sensi on a free as well and we're cooking.

Proper alternatives to Mavididi and Fatawu would be crucial too, as you say.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

I’m not sure any of our strikers are good enough for the next level. 

Vardy is too old

Daka too erratic

Cannon is “potential”

and Nacho only turns up when he feels like it. 

Creativity and players who don’t need 3 or 4 good chances to score a goal would be critical at the next level. Previously we were a bit reliant on Vardy and spoilt with the likes of Mahrez and Maddison. Fatawu and Mavididi have the potential to step up, but it’s not a given 

57 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm sure I heard a commentator remark recently that he could be available for as little as £4m-£5m (I presumed you meant Tommy rather than Callum btw). Would be bonkers if true, even with a year left on his current deal by the time the summer comes around. Him and McAtee would be a very good start to the window. Sensi on a free as well and we're cooking.

Proper alternatives to Mavididi and Fatawu would be crucial too, as you say.

Rumours on Bluemoon say 15m for Doyle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know what our current 3 year loss period looks like?  Guessing we have 2 seasons in the Premier League (2 x35m) and 1 in the Championship (1 x 13) so about 83m of allowable loses, and although this seems right too me, no idea if it’s true and more pertinently where we sit on these losses within the 3 year period.

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Does anyone know what our current 3 year loss period looks like?  Guessing we have 2 seasons in the Premier League (2 x35m) and 1 in the Championship (1 x 13) so about 83m of allowable loses, and although this seems right too me, no idea if it’s true and more pertinently where we sit on these losses within the 3 year period.

You are correct, with the 83m (PL x 2 C x 1) 

There are lots of deductable which make it tricky to work out, you can take away all sorts of your P & L.

Sources I've read have us somewhere around 5m-10m off the limit before the start of the 22/23, which is why we brought nobody that summer until we sold Fofana.

Hard to know how things are units they release the accounts for 22/23. Should give us a decent idea.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If what I've been able to find online is accurate:

20/21 - 32m loss

21/22 - 92m loss

22/23 will include the Fofana sale - but I can see it being really close. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, LVFox said:

20/21 - 32m loss

21/22 - 92m loss

They are the Loss straight from the accounts.

They will be the start of the FFP calculation, then you start taking of the deductables for example, academy, stadium, community programme cost, deprecation etc.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

20/21 - 32m loss

21/22 - 92m loss

And the Maddison sale will hit 22/23.

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m not sure any of our strikers are good enough for the next level. 

Vardy is too old

Daka too erratic

Cannon is “potential”

and Nacho only turns up when he feels like it. 

Creativity and players who don’t need 3 or 4 good chances to score a goal would be critical at the next level. Previously we were a bit reliant on Vardy and spoilt with the likes of Mahrez and Maddison. Fatawu and Mavididi have the potential to step up, but it’s not a given 

Vardy & Nacho are both out of contract.

Daka works well in the system with his pace and has scored in the prem before I'm not as concerned.

Cannon is the unknown at prem level and I believe we will need 1 x proven striker when wr go up.

Fatawu n mavididi I'm actually not as worried about as long as we have quality options if they're unavailable. 

7 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Vardy & Nacho are both out of contract.

Daka works well in the system with his pace and has scored in the prem before I'm not as concerned.

Cannon is the unknown at prem level and I believe we will need 1 x proven striker when wr go up.

Fatawu n mavididi I'm actually not as worried about as long as we have quality options if they're unavailable. 

9 goals in 53 appearances in the PL, but 6 in 9 at this level.

I’m not writing him off completely, but I’d be worried if he was the basket we’re putting all our eggs in 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

9 goals in 53 appearances in the PL, but 6 in 9 at this level.

I’m not writing him off completely, but I’d be worried if he was the basket we’re putting all our eggs in 

Most of them were under Bodgers but yeah it doesn't look great.

We need an alternative/better option, in Glover/Maresca we trust.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Daka is good enough for the PL.

He wasn't 'that' bad in the PL. Wasn't great but we've had worse for us in that league. Plus he'd only played under a manager who'd given up anyway for pretty much the entire time he'd been here. Given we're clearly not going to spend heavily I'd go with him as an option.

• Like 3

We need to strengthen.  If we keep Ndidi, I think we have the basis for a mid-table Premier League team but I think we are weakest at cb.   

Hemansen, Ricardo,  Justin, Winks, Ndidi, KDH, Fatawu, Mavididi and Daka could all do ok.

Stolarczyk, Nelson, McAteer and Cannon would be good back-ups. And possibly Yunus,   Hopefully, Alves and Braybrooke emerge.  We might sign Doyle.   There's an argument for retaining Vardy and Albrighton.  

I have doubts about the others.  Coady looks a bit sluggish.  Choudhury seems to be playing at the right level now.  Souttar is not favoured.   Others are out of contract.

Hopefully,  we won't need a mad window.   Hopefully,  we won't need to sell KDH ro fund incomings.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Daka is good enough for the PL.

Daka is, at an absolute minimum, a solid top half Premier League striker. 

I'll be chuffed if he's still here first game next season. 

Quality / depth at 8, on the wings and probably improving the core of the defence (actually defensively) would be my priorities. 

• Like 2