Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

2 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Sensi is a far superior footballer to KDH also. The issue being, KDH is available every week and Sensi, historically hasn't

we'd be replacing our fittest and usually robust CM with a 5'6" guy apparently made of glass

Edited by ParkerPen
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We have got no f**king chance, Nanasi £8m, Sensi (£2m) and Morgan Whittaker (£10m) more likely.

If we did something like that, then the move would be a lot more acceptable, because as good as KDH is, increasing the overall quality of the squad would be pretty sensible both for now and next season. Have we been linked with Whitaker? I could see Gronbaek who we were linked with going for 10M Euro instead of him.

If we lost KDH but then had a replacement, competition for Mavididi and backup for Winks, overall that would be good. Though KDH proved himself in the Premier League as being a good player that can handle the league and physicality.

Personally, I am bricking it right now. This has "sell Fofana and bring in massively worse player with 2 days left of the window and Danny Ward in goal" vibes to it all over again. Losing Casadei, KDH and Wilf probably not available till the end of the season is brutal. Forget the points record, it's all about limping over the line...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Oh yeah forgot we're completely crap now we've lost a game with ten men and got a draw to 2nd.

We went down cos we were rubbish and we sold our best players since. We're a good championship side. 

To suggest we're better than half the sides in bottom half of prem is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 3

Who’d of thought wasting money for the last two seasons and paying off the 3rd (?) highest paid manager in the premier league… whilst getting relegated, might lead to us having to sell players 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Who’d of thought wasting money for the last two seasons and paying off the 3rd (?) highest paid manager in the premier league… whilst getting relegated, might lead to us having to sell players 

I know!!!...I can't believe it.😂

• Haha 1

I feel this might be mainly KDHs agent.  Not that he wouldn't sign for Brighton or that they aren't interested in him but I reckon his agent has gone out there to get a better contract and if it leads to PL team signing him then happy days.

Think KDH is supposed to be on something quite low like 20/30k a week. Which is nothing compared to Vardy and others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

FFP has finally caught up with us.  A selection of poor signings and over ambition for a club like ours and this is what can happen.  But its not all doom and gloom.  We can hopefully go back to our philosophy of buying young cheaper players with a resale value and try and build again within the new FFP rules. We've probably seen our best ever years recently it's been a heck of a ride but we are now Leicester City again. 

it caught up with us the summer before last, surely, when we weren’t able to make any signings?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't see how you spend 8m on Coady, 10m on Winks, 7m on Mavididi and 5m on Mads and 7m on Cannon 37m in the summer to be desperate for money in January.

I also think we would have let the likes of Nacho and Ndidi go cheap.

Add to fact we have cashed in on 150m worth of players in the last 2 seasons

Over stretched ourselves last summer, comforted by FFP not having led to any points deductions and punishments and now extremely worried?

It doesn't make sense but neither did the summer of 2022 either.

• Like 1

Anyone on here thinking this board will sign 3 replacements needs to give their head a wobble. They replaced Fofana with Faes. 

We’ll get Sensi and he’ll play about 3 games max.

After a good few months the circus is back in town. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We went down cos we were rubbish and we sold our best players since. We're a good championship side. 

To suggest we're better than half the sides in bottom half of prem is absolutely ridiculous. 

We never should have been anywhere near the relegation zone with that squad. It was absolutely the worst sequence of events ever including having a manager who did just about everything to ensure we were down there all season. Even then we went down on the last day. To suggest we were one of the worst three squads and have lost everyone decent is just not true. 

We were full of the wrong attitudes and this is all about rebuilding with the right ones. Give me Winks over the last 2 years of Tielemans any day. Best in terms of potential quality doesn't mean shit when we had them attitudes as a cancer in our dressing room.