Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

A lot of folks aren’t even considering that KDH himself is likely pushing for a move. 

And his agent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

He's worth more to us than he is to Brighton.

I think this is the crux of it tbh. His valuation is tied to his importance to us getting promoted rather than his standalone value as a player, which means he's not going for the sort of fee you'd normally expect of Brighton. Though they spent £30mill ish on Joao Pedro. Their record signing.

Would be amazed if this happened. I could see us selling him in the summer though if someone was willing to pay 35-40. Could easily invest that into 3 or 4 really talented players. Now isn't the time though.

I do however, think Kiernan has a technical ceiling to his game that is mid-table prem. It would be madness to sell him now though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

The FFP argument doesn't make sense.  

Take 30M now and severely weaken our chance of getting promoted

Or get promoted and have a 100M TV income boost.

From an FFP perspective there's a huge advantage in not selling.  And even if we sell, there's no guarantee that Brighton would pay the whole amount up front, so it's unlikely it would improve our current FFP balance.

You are forgetting the occasion we signed Ryan Bennett because we were 15 points clear in the race to get champions league cash.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Summer 2022 window vibes all over again. Clearly FFP issues must be like the grim reaper hanging over us. 

This is an insane one to me. We are not guaranteed to go up! Top of the league with 18 games to go but selling the best player in the division?!? We must be desperate. 

Even if we go up I feel like things will be grim. 

I'm confident we are already stronger than most that bottom half of Premier League. 

This makes no sense in any way shape or form unless KDH is actively trying to get out.

• Like 1

Not a 30m player but at this stage in the season he's priceless. If he wants out then it's a different issue.. offer him a promotion bonus and sell him in the summer but we surely cannot risk promotion on this?

Unless Enzos been promised a signing on top of sensi that he thinks will kick on immediately 

I’d be absolutely fuming if we sold KDH.  Our best player, risks promotion, and we’re short in midfield as it is..   KDH for me is a future lestah legend & a lestah lad. If we sold it shows how desperate we are financially.  Any UFS lads/lasses reading this.. any chance of a banner for tomorrow’s game? “LCFC don’t you dare”

IMG_5903.png

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

A lot of folks aren’t even considering that KDH himself is likely pushing for a move. 

Because it seems unlikely and out of character.

He's playing the best football of his career under Maresca, a guaranteed starter in a team looking likely to be in the PL next year; and i can't see it being a massive pay rise to move to brighton, there doesn't seem to be an obvious indicator that he's looking to bail so close to being back at the top level.

• Like 1

Just now, Rigga said:

We are no more convincing  than Burnley were last season…

they are going down..as we would 100% if we fielded the same starting 11 in the PL

I think we are better than Burnley were.

In this current Premier League season we'd stay up. Agree we need additions but I don't think it needs a massive shake up. Unless we do start to lose players like KDH

I live KDH but I am not 100% convinced he’s a top prem player. Decent but not too.

that being said it’s a really bad idea unless we have some good plans to bring someone in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm confident we are already stronger than most that bottom half of Premier League. 

This makes no sense in any way shape or form unless KDH is actively trying to get out.

Stronger than most of the bottom half of Prem already.

WTF are you smoking?!

• Like 1

Very worrying signs if we sell him, especially for under £30M. 

Losing him, having already lost Ndidi until April, could risk us not going up automatically. That’s a bigger hit than £30M.

Wildly speculating here, but I noticed on Monday that he was moaning and whinging to other players a lot more, often when it was his mistake.

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

The FFP argument doesn't make sense.  

Take 30M now and severely weaken our chance of getting promoted

Or get promoted and have a 100M TV income boost.

From an FFP perspective there's a huge advantage in not selling.  And even if we sell, there's no guarantee that Brighton would pay the whole amount up front, so it's unlikely it would improve our current FFP balance.

But we are a club that decided the best course of action to avoid a potential FFP points deduction in the Prem (which could have given us some risk of relegation this season) was to just go ahead and get definitely relegated instead. This kind oif dumb decision is exactly the kind of thing senior management might do, given they learnt nothing at all last season and nobody in charge took any fallout for the complete and total failure of all (men's) footballing aspects of the club last season.

• Like 1