Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Mid Life Crisis

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I live in the countryside and a lot of people go dogging in the fields near where we live. It seems to be a great way of forcing yourself to get outside in the fresh air and get a bit of exercise. For some of local older folk it's probably the only exercise they get most days. We've resisted it so far because we've got two young kids to occupy us and don't really want the extra cost, but I can see us taking up dogging as a family in a few years' time. 

CDA61A69-90F0-4F99-962F-0839BD9A8CDC.jpeg.4ce7c52a25a602583ce3bd3f343ab8bb.jpeg

• Haha 1

I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you. The job, the family, the ****ing big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I live in the countryside and a lot of people go dogging in the fields near where we live. It seems to be a great way of forcing yourself to get outside in the fresh air and get a bit of exercise. For some of local older folk it's probably the only exercise they get most days. We've resisted it so far because we've got two young kids to occupy us and don't really want the extra cost, but I can see us taking up dogging as a family in a few years' time. 

Best dogging sketch of all time:

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

Mate you’ve no idea what an all time classic reply that is lol

That will be remembered in FT history one of the best posts ever.

Classic piss-take. Well done @ClaphamFox :appl:

I wish it was genuine.

• Haha 1

On 20/02/2024 at 20:30, grobyfox1990 said:

Last part is so true. I always laugh at the posts on here and other social media calling/suggesting someone is thick, and idiot etc for voting brexit, Tory, trump, not being a covid fanatic etc. Coming from someone also in the 99.99% of people who never have and never will achieve anything more than a mundane, routine, unspectacular and average life.

Interesting thread though. No advice to offer as I’m not ‘mid life’ and still got so many achievable challenges to work towards including 500 Wetherspoons, 100 football grounds, 100 countries visited 

Trying to answer to all…reaching my 70th next month…Not one doctor believed 4 yrs ago I would reach it,even classed has a bloody phenomenan..hang that on my life achievement coat hanger…

look I have had a mixed life,I try to weigh up my path with occasional big failure to my sisters or cousins lives

who IMO like many out there did something I fought against for years,but ended up in latter years

sort of finishing doing the same thing…

But to ALL of you ,you have achieved getting through or facing life’s challenges,whether it’s followed a neat pattern or has had hard rugged corners,that knock you down more times than holding up,

both type of stories mean you saw/come across problems, that needed solutions,

some you have already got by, others are still open & challenging..

Ditto for any other path that you follow or befalls you.

Some people shine and smile despite the life’s grovels they face,

others can’t and never will get by the blame factor..

Everybody knits and weaves or lay down their own stones to open their own individual paths,

when you reach these end stages,don’t bewonder others,

first do look at your own life in all aspects, count your pennies to your own values.

Dont discredit or demean your own passing years,count all those pennies learnt or lost,has your takings balanced your giving.

Even across various scales and has the giving also found a positive taking , for yourself and others across or through  your life.

In various ways ,every normal,abnormal, ambitious,or not so venturesome…of us have achieved by getting through life our own way..

Others  have determined,intervened in our social lives. My fathers generation fought and won a war against everything that was evil and self destructive..For a short period the rebuilding of Europe parallel to other countries independence,

starting again to have meaning,and there were modern life’s acceptances in social classes at least through Europe.

In the Uk the misuse and abuse of Govt.finances.
where  many  European countries allowed their counties to slowly rebuild,

Britain funds kept our country has a dump.for individual financial gain for many decades..

The 50s 60s ,quality,qualifications Education,health institutes working in unison meant something.

The local councils looked after their properties and employed all trades to do so.

Apprenticeships encouraged for that generations youth,

British home projects supported & backed

Fishing and Agricultural 200 yr ol institutions and needed tradition  supported and backed.

A reason my fathers generation started to feel proud again…Now we have turned a full circle after my 70yrs

,with mass genocide   destruction of living and social infrastructure taking place in all corners of this abused planet..

Government again not looking after its own,working classes, nor through the other classes.

Medical professionals treated like dogshit,Police services being forced to do paperwork more than policing the streets

still seeing my Govt having institutionalised Racism after first welcoming various nations into our country…

Not once having a project to improve local infrastructure,for idegenous or new migrants and refugees

My mid- life crisis despite my built up far flung experiences

,& around every corner of the planet ,exchanges of thoughts , beliefs,understanding shared at every level,

repetitively returned to Homeland ,still to see our Govts atrocious action for disruption..home and away.
Having allowed hard  earned pensions, and younger life’s wages to be suspended & compromised with continual over 70yrs tightening our belts while making hay for themselves and their cronies .Those Fishing/Agricultural institutes pilfered and ruined.

Having  also the audacity to force zero contracts systems that is morally and corruptly wrong..then actually create some dogmatic need because they don’t creat healthy alternatives..

No major housing projects few safe healthy fit for purpose schools, a poor NHS and staff deliberately,

politically disrupted and misused for own financial gain.

Grenfell wouldn’t have happened in my youth,nobody could buy off long printed institutional fire regulations,..

Then for my past-time or now biggest Hobby,some bright spark throws in a common sense product,

but can’t pass common sense regulations in its distribution…V  fking A R.

Thank god I have the memory of the GOAT Vardy,and a new generation of potential herd of GOATS

at my club LCFC…with a simular rebuild around the corner for our heroes of a sport that answers all  the questions

of why !! , because one knows the refs always right at the Tigers.

.Being the last generation that carried a letter then a number on one’s back..helped me later in IT ,

for hexadecimal Octal systems for system problem solving and repair…lol

I tried to drop out of several times by taking on some type of  backpack or expedition treks.

or ran parrellel with crazy stints on S.America,African .Middle-east engineer. projects and oil rig stints.

Earnt the money threw imost away and found a wife who tamed me,(well somewhat)..

She joined in the treks and expeditions

Funny my father & uncles fought against them,but I courted

seriously a Japanese gf, an Irish gf, German gf who turned out to be my wife.

Coming from New Parks I aspired and realised many ambitions ,others considered in my young days

not obtainable to /for such Working estate litter..In one’s expansion ,maturing and travels,there were and

are many others who come from such backgrounds,I am nothing special,

but even when older it was an irritating stigma.

that one had to hear direct,indirect from the strangest circles,within UK,more than elsewhere in America or Europe.

My best man was a friend,I met I hadn’t seen for 8yrs passing him first in a street in Mexico City,

he inquired what I was doing in Mexico ( he was already living & teaching there).

My then GF and I were planning to live backpack every state in Mexico…and return to Mexico City to get married

”I need a best man “ I told him..!! …Thx Mike Torrington. I hope you are doing ok and had a good life..

Just an old  mid-life,gone  codger getting a rant in,

and sticking 2 fingers up at the system

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1