Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I've been going through like Bond marathon over the last few weeks, watching one Bond film every Saturday. One good thing I could say that I've noticed so far and that is good thing about franchise is that each actor that's portrayed has brought something different to role, meaning there's a Bond for everyone. It's just sad now that the gap's between films are getting bigger, it's seems like the politics sides of hollywood have robbed this franchise over the years, gone the days when use to get a Bond film every two years. 

Next Bond film for me Licence To Kill... once I really disliked this movie but I found over the years it's grew me. Can't wait to watch it again on Saturday. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Watched Titanic again after more than a decade or so.

Still holds up very well in terms of grandeur, CGI and story. Spectacular in every regard, and I'll even accept the cheesy romance at the core of it.

Although you could argue as the one and only major negative point that, at three hours and something, it's too long.

The movie has reignited my interest in the sinking of the ship and the individual fates of the survivors.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

There is a spoiler video going around on Twitter for Avengers Endgame, luckily I managed to click off it before I saw anything, but be warned it is out there and very “spoilery” according to people who have watched it

Go to twitter settings > content preferences > safety. Choose “muted words” and type in the words you want, then it hopefully won’t come up again. 

The Keeper: 7/10

Life story of Bert Trautmann, legendary post-war keeper for Man City, often remembered for playing on to victory in an FA Cup Final (1956?) despite having broken his neck.

Film wasn't a groundbreaking work of art or anything, but entertaining and a genuinely interesting story largely based on fact, as I understand it.

I knew he was German but hadn't previously twigged how controversial that would have been just a few years after WW2.....particularly as he was a POW and former Luftwaffe volunteer who had won the Iron Cross for service on the Eastern Front.

Understandably, he faced a lot of hostility initially with personal abuse, demos outside the ground etc. 

But he won the fans over as a quality keeper, married an English girl, suffered a personal tragedy, played 500+ matches for Man City, won the FA Cup etc.

Film is just an interesting story well told really, but they intersperse real footage of his matches nicely and the scenes of street and social life in the post-war years ring true (not that I'd be able to tell!).

Edited by Alf Bentley

Shazam! 

Two and a quarter hours is far too long, fell asleep again. Kids liked it though.

They've done super hero films to death now I reckon. Same old shit...

Just watching The Shallows on Channel 4.

What a dumb film! A guy gets attacked by a shark and pulls himself ashore, but he leaves his severed legs trailing behind him on the beach. So basically the shark bit him in half, then spat out his legs so they could handily follow him into shore.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

13 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Just about to watch Jaws again for the umpteenth time, it’s one of those films that I enjoy every time I watch it. 

Think i heard somewhere its the 40th anniversary of Jaws.... shit im old!