Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

All appear "nowadays" to be too short.

Back in my day, zips were long and enabled access without having to undo the top button...  bloody young people

So basically you struggle with shorter zips due to a massive schlong. 

I love the new shorter zips. Perfect for me...…. Wait :huh:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

All appear "nowadays" to be too short.

Back in my day, zips were long and enabled access without having to undo the top button...  bloody young people

Do you go through the gate rather than over the fence??

Might be digging myself into an unpopular opinion hole here but I didnt think anyone went through the gate since the 90s.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

Drivers who pull up at the entrance to the petrol station forecourt waiting for the first car to move off, just take a chance, pick a pump and wait  

Don't get me started on people who park at the pumps to do their f!!king shopping 

The devastation when you're at Sainos Fosse Park petrol station in a line of three and see that the person in front isn't paying as pump. Usually means they're faffing about for a coffee or a pee, too, just lengthening how long.

Much prefer ASDA's station tbh, they've not squished in 30 pumps locking people in the line. Free to come and go as you please.

What grinds my gears is the dragons on Dragon's Den. Whenever an entrepreneur admits to having more than one job i.e. more than one iron in the fire, they all immediately declare themselves out. I'm waiting for day when one of the entrepreneurs replies by telling them all that they are a bunch of hypocrites, because they themselves have numerous irons in the fire!

33 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Do you go through the gate rather than over the fence??

Might be digging myself into an unpopular opinion hole here but I didnt think anyone went through the gate since the 90s.

Thats just coz they reduced the size of gates in the 90s

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I absolutely hate button flys. Absolute pain in the arse, ironically. 

Indeed. Some genius invents a zip but people like Next put buttons on their jeans.

Led to an embarrassing moment for me once. I was on a training course and when we had a break I was bursting and couldn't get to loo quick enough.

There was only two urinals and therefore a queue. My jeans were new and I really struggled to undo the bloody buttons.

Eventually I got one undone and concious of others waiting, I teased out my todger - or so I thought. As I started peeing I suddenly had that warm feeling.

In an effort to arrest the situation as inconspicuously as possible, I managed to also pee on my hand.

I've never been so embarrassed.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Indeed. Some genius invents a zip but people like Next put buttons on their jeans.

Led to an embarrassing moment for me once. I was on a training course and when we had a break I was bursting and couldn't get to loo quick enough.

There was only two urinals and therefore a queue. My jeans were new and I really struggled to undo the bloody buttons.

Eventually I got one undone and concious of others waiting, I teased out my todger - or so I thought. As I started peeing I suddenly had that warm feeling.

In an effort to arrest the situation as inconspicuously as possible, I managed to also pee on my hand.

Although button flies avoid any distressing painful moments!

BADE1125-9855-4B57-9217-ED9C862E5869.jpeg

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

buttons over zips.

19 hours ago, String fellow said:

What grinds my gears is the dragons on Dragon's Den. Whenever an entrepreneur admits to having more than one job i.e. more than one iron in the fire, they all immediately declare themselves out. I'm waiting for day when one of the entrepreneurs replies by telling them all that they are a bunch of hypocrites, because they themselves have numerous irons in the fire!

& how every Dragon will want a larger % of the business yet heaven help the entrepreneur if they try & negotiate down yet still give up more than initially proposed. I thought it was a business deal not a 'its my money if you want it you have to accept what i want for it' deal.

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I thought it was a business deal not a 'its my money if you want it you have to accept what i want for it' deal.

Isn't that business though? Given the Dragons hold all the cards in 95% of pitches on there, why should they do what they'd deem a bad deal?

The businesses always go on with absurd valuations anyway, they'll know they won't get what they're valuing it at but it gives them a semblance of bartering position.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
typo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Isn't that business though? Given the Dragons hold all the cards in 95% of pitches on there, why should they do what they'd deem a bad deal?

The businesses always go on with absurd valuations anyway, they'll know they won't get what they're valuing it at but it gives them a semblance of bartering position.

yep i get that, but its the horror in their faces when someone dare try & negotiate they go on as if someones took a dump in their shoe.
I would also have a little more respect if someone came back @ me with a counter offer & not just rolled over & took it up the kyber, baring in mind i would be (loosely) working with that person & they will be handling my investment.

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Raw tomato. I think he's had tomato soup. 

If he has any burger from McDonald's it has to be plain with nothing on it, just burger, cheese and bun. 

I really don't understand how some people live like that. Fussy eaters drive me mad.

Interestingly (or not) I know some one who has never had sauce on pasta. Just eats it on its own and refuses to do otherwise. Properly annoys and baffles me at the same time lol