Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Ah, you're one of them posh folks with a tumble dryer I see. Us poor people have to put our clothes on the line or hang them on door frames ;)

I don’t normally talk to you types of riff raff but when I was poor, I used to drive to work with my clothes trapped in the window of my van to dry them before work.

Still didn’t use an iron either.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Hang everything in the bathroom, the creases will drop out when everyone takes a shower. It's genius lol

I can’t believe I’ve been on this planet nearly 50 years and never heard of that idea. Nice one Tom :thumbup:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Hang everything in the bathroom, the creases will drop out when everyone takes a shower. It's genius lol

52 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I can’t believe I’ve been on this planet nearly 50 years and never heard of that idea. Nice one Tom :thumbup:

Had to do that on a business trip a few years ago when there wasnt an iron in the room and it was a really hot day so couldnt stick a jacket over a wrinkled shirt.

Worked a charm though I made an enemy of WaterAid that morning!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Not a fan of everyone promoting ' the new normal ' as if it's going to be forever.. who knows could be a longer term thing with the distances and masks but it just winds me up when companies jump on this phrase for their crap adverts 

It boils my piss.Along with the phrase “lockdown”.😡

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes 'lockdown' really annoys me too. We haven't ever really been locked down, and we certainly aren't now.

Good point, before we were on our version of lockdown, I thought lockdown was not being able to leave your house at all.

45 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes 'lockdown' really annoys me too. We haven't ever really been locked down, and we certainly aren't now.

It's all a blur now Deb but wasn't there a time everyone had to stay at home and we were only allowed to leave our houses for one bit of exercise? Wasn't that classed as lockdown? 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It's all a blur now Deb but wasn't there a time everyone had to stay at home and we were only allowed to leave our houses for one bit of exercise? Wasn't that classed as lockdown? 

Well we called it lockdown, but we were allowed to go food shopping, allowed out to exercise, and allowed to go to work if you couldn't work from home, so not really what I thought of as a proper lockdown before it happened

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Well we called it lockdown, but we were allowed to go food shopping, allowed out to exercise, and allowed to go to work if you couldn't work from home, so not really what I thought of as a proper lockdown before it happened

Without meaning to sound snide, even prisoners get exercise time, and I can’t see how you can stop food shopping without delivering rations door-by-door. And I get what you mean about work but due to restrictions a lot of employers simply weren’t allowed to open anyway. 

For a virus that is mostly deadly to the old and vulnerable (and not to downplay it, of course it also leads to mid-term to long-term health issues in some) it’s the most extreme you could really be ‘locked down’. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The obsession with the weirdos who want to get threads to 100 pages. Just been on the Fofana transfer thread and for nearly 2 pages it’s people going on about getting to 100 pages. 

It wasn’t funny 9 years ago it definitely isn’t funny nowadays. Cvnts

This...and 'in before the lock!'