Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

It was about as direct and real as it could get. Brilliantly filmed and directed. Nothing in it was previously unknown to the general public and many of those that complained must have read the newspapers at the time. Just sad, serial moaners, I expect.

Me and the wife were remarking on the amount of characters smoking in this series. We agree that in those times people smoked A LOT. But was it necessary for the plot line and the story that almost every person was chain-smoking? Doesn't bother me in particular, but it seemed to be making a point. 

Agreed, Tennant was spectacularly excellent. If you watch the follow up documentary, which he narrates, it's chilling how accurate he was in his portrayal of Nielsen and how much they look like each other.

Where can i find the documentry?would really like to watch it.

Went to Reading today. Their town centre (The Oracle) has a 'one household/family/couple per lift' policy. Quite simple to understand, right?

We get in to the lift. 3 people follow us and we say to them, 'it's one household per lift'. In a huff and a puff, they turn around and we hear one of them say 'everyone's so scared of this Coronavirus'.

Well, yeah, it's killed 40,000+ people you utter bellend and can leave people with bad symptoms/effects after they've had it. Reasonable to be scared of it!

Oh, and to make their comment more stupid, the guy who made the comment had a mask on as well. If you're not scared of it, why are you wearing a mask lol. What do you think a mask is worn for these days?!

The high street.

We keep being told it's dying, which it arguably is, online shopping is killing it, e.t.c, I personally like to go and see products before buying and would choose to buy in store rather than online.

However the high street isn't helping itself, whenever I go to see a product it seems a wasted journey and never seems to be available forcing you to go buy online.

• Like 1

Managers/coaches who don't celebrate goals.

Miserable fvckers.

I get your team might not be playing well (and the players probably know it too) but Mourinho not moving an inch when their team is back in the game really pisses me off lol

Perhaps if you've been 5-0 down and you score in the 90th minute as a consolation then fair enough. But it's to equalise, and there's still a half to go...

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

Just returned from my 10 year old lads footy match, there's one dad there that's constantly barking out instructions to all of the players. Must be doing the actual coaches heads in!

The manager should be pulling the dad aside and having a word that he doesn’t want him to be getting involved in giving out instructions. 

Encourage the players by all means but under no circumstances get involved with instructions & tactics. I used to tell parents it’s more of a hindrance to the players especially in younger age groups.

49 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The manager should be pulling the dad aside and having a word that he doesn’t want him to be getting involved in giving out instructions. 

Encourage the players by all means but under no circumstances get involved with instructions & tactics. I used to tell parents it’s more of a hindrance to the players especially in younger age groups.

Yeah I agree completely, have told my lad to completely ignore him and only listen to the coaches.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Miserable fvckers.

I get your team might not be playing well (and the players probably know it too) but Mourinho not moving an inch when their team is back in the game really pisses me off lol

Perhaps if you've been 5-0 down and you score in the 90th minute as a consolation then fair enough. But it's to equalise, and there's still a half to go...

Yet Nuno and his staff get shit on here for having a group hug whenever we score. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Miserable fvckers.

It’s not even a recent thing.Managers have been doing this for ages.It’s like they don’t want to show weakness.I just think it’s annoying.

18 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The people who are refusing to do these small simple things are annoying me. I mean i do think some are overly panicking about it, and I don’t think we need a full lockdown again, I'm very much in a agreement with Nod.E in the corona thread, but not doing these tiny things that we're all being asked to is just pig headedness. Wearing a mask for the brief time your in a shop is nothing. Sanitising your hands with sanitiser that is usually supplied by the shop or restaurant is nothing. Keeping a couple of metres away from others is nothing. Not cramming into a lift with another family is nothing. The fact some people can't make these small adjustment is grinding my gears.

I’m totally with you. I think on the health side of things the government has made a total balls up time after time.

I don’t know if it is the I’m alright Jack, screw the rest of you mentality, but there just seems to be an unbelievable level of contempt and arrogance from some in the face of a global pandemic which is a killer. We  each have to do our bit, we can’t just throw in the towel. 

19 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The people who are refusing to do these small simple things are annoying me. I mean i do think some are overly panicking about it, and I don’t think we need a full lockdown again, I'm very much in a agreement with Nod.E in the corona thread, but not doing these tiny things that we're all being asked to is just pig headedness. Wearing a mask for the brief time your in a shop is nothing. Sanitising your hands with sanitiser that is usually supplied by the shop or restaurant is nothing. Keeping a couple of metres away from others is nothing. Not cramming into a lift with another family is nothing. The fact some people can't make these small adjustment is grinding my gears.

People who wear a mask and think they are automatically immune are the worse. I hate food shopping atm because people have masks on, great, but still come so close. I had a woman follow me up an isle and she minds well have been on my back.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People who wear a mask and think they are automatically immune are the worse. I hate food shopping atm because people have masks on, great, but still come so close. I had a woman follow me up an isle and she minds well have been on my back.

I was in pets at home the other week and this old lady was stood right behind me in the queue. I shuffled forward and she did the same. Eventually I just told her she was uncomfortably close even before covid 19 and could she take a step back.

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I was in pets at home the other week and this old lady was stood right behind me in the queue. I shuffled forward and she did the same. Eventually I just told her she was uncomfortably close even before covid 19 and could she take a step back.

Train stations are awful for this, seems all concept of social distancing goes out the window the minute someone steps into a station.  

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

A couple of times in Sainsbury's recently, I've been looking at stuff on the shelves, only to have someone lean across in front of me to grab what they want. We were both wearing masks though, so my complaint to them was in vain.

Edited by Arkie Bennett
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Arkie Bennett said:

A couple of times in Sainsbury's recently, I've been looking at stuff on the shelves, only to have someone lean across in front of me to grab what they want. We were both wearing masks though, so my complaint to them was in vain.

So make up your mind then and move along. You can’t complain about people getting closer than you’d like if you’re loitering in the aisles. People should know what they’re going in to the shops for before they get there at the minute. 

• Like 1