Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

50 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Gary Neville saying that Man United need to sign 5 players to challenge for the title every year. So does every team you gimp.

Gary Neville is a 🔔 

Hate having to watch any footy match where you have to hear the likes of him, carragher etc pisssssss offf

4 hours ago, stix said:

So make up your mind then and move along. You can’t complain about people getting closer than you’d like if you’re loitering in the aisles. People should know what they’re going in to the shops for before they get there at the minute. 

Completely agree. People dithering in food shops is a bugbear of mine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stix said:

So make up your mind then and move along. You can’t complain about people getting closer than you’d like if you’re loitering in the aisles. People should know what they’re going in to the shops for before they get there at the minute. 

For the record, I wasn't loitering, just looking at what's on the shelf, like normal people do.

On 21/09/2020 at 00:34, Heathrow fox said:

It’s not even a recent thing.Managers have been doing this for ages.It’s like they don’t want to show weakness.I just think it’s annoying.

I agree, I used to love Martin O’Neil kicking every ball on the sidelines and then celebrating every goal like he had scored himself. We need more managers like this. The interesting thing is Mourinho used to be like this and now he looks like he’s been slapped with a wet fish no matter what is happening in the game.

• Like 1

After getting tired of ‘it all’ and electing this mob to ‘Get Brexit Done’ at any cost a growing number seem to have now grown ‘tired’ of a global pandemic and have changed their mantra to ‘Get Covid Done’ at any cost. 

I’m lost for words at time’s (usually when I go on Twitter!), actually I do have words but they would get me banned! 

• Like 1

Automated check-outs in supermarkets.  They hate me, I hate them.

Yesterday I went shopping, just a few bits and pieces and a bottle of wine.  The queues at the few checkouts open were quite long so I reluctantly went to the self-checkout area.  I scanned all the food and finally the bottle of wine, at which point a red light came on above the unit accompanied by the voiced message 'Please wait while an assistant verifies your age'.  So everybody else turns round, take one look at me and my grey hair and start laughing.  Perfect.  Then a young lad turns up with a key which he has to insert in the unit to turn off the light and let me pay for my shopping.  Back to the queues next time.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

Automated check-outs in supermarkets.  They hate me, I hate them.

Yesterday I went shopping, just a few bits and pieces and a bottle of wine.  The queues at the few checkouts open were quite long so I reluctantly went to the self-checkout area.  I scanned all the food and finally the bottle of wine, at which point a red light came on above the unit accompanied by the voiced message 'Please wait while an assistant verifies your age'.  So everybody else turns round, take one look at me and my grey hair and start laughing.  Perfect.  Then a young lad turns up with a key which he has to insert in the unit to turn off the light and let me pay for my shopping.  Back to the queues next time.

Well of course it has to do that, or anyone could just rock up with some alcohol and buy it. If you're going to buy age restricted items through an unmanned checkout you surely have to expect to be check?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Livid said:

After getting tired of ‘it all’ and electing this mob to ‘Get Brexit Done’ at any cost a growing number seem to have now grown ‘tired’ of a global pandemic and have changed their mantra to ‘Get Covid Done’ at any cost. 

I’m lost for words at time’s (usually when I go on Twitter!), actually I do have words but they would get me banned! 

I think most peopele who are rightly questioning the government strategy (I use the term loosely) would like to have seen some sort of review of the impact of lockdown on the nation before we pile into another one.  Is that too much to ask?  We can't talk about the jobs lost, businesses ****ed, people dying for lack of doctor and hospital appointments and treatment?  They misery of isolation?  

21 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Gary Neville saying that Man United need to sign 5 players to challenge for the title every year. So does every team you gimp.

Genuinely sad that Neville has gone from being Sky's best pundit, offering insightful analysis and exploration into the game that the most refreshing punditry in a couple of decades and who had genuine passion about elements of football, as well as someone who was worth listening to when it came to Man Utd.

Unfortunately it appears he's nothing more than an angry voice to add to Sky's desire for clickbait content. Get ANGRY about things and offer an opinionated view whilst DOUBLING DOWN on live TV. Heck, why not have an argument with another pundit. Create DRAMA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Universities. Couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. Some of the people working in the support services are borderline brain dead. 

How do i apply?

I want to be a brain dread bell getting paid well to do nothing.  Lol

I feel your pain though, same ish over here on the late 90s/ early 2000s when i was in uni.

I actually worked at my uni a few years after i graduated and can say for certain admin staff are not always.....top class.

• Like 1

As I am walking down a street in New Parks, a car pulls up outside a house and a young lad of about 7 and, I assume, his dad get out. The lad just drops what looks like empty McDonald's boxes on the road. Dad says nothing. They then go into the house.

It would have been no problem at all to take the rubbish into the house but no, they even litter outside their own home.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

we could be here all day. Essentially they’ve cocked up my timetable and it’s like pulling teeth to get it rectified. Amongst other things also. 

Usually I agree with the sentiment, but on this one I've seen how difficult it's been to plan a timetable this year.

A department at the institute I work at had it's timetable all set, then for 300 seminars/lectures to be made roomless due to new developments and basically had to start again. 

But you're right that it is like pulling teeth to get many a thing rectified, some departments in particular are like a bloody maze to get an answer from

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

The basless argument people use to one up / insult someone - 'the people that say X are the ones who'd be first to do X if X happened' 

Example: 'those complaining about Corona restrictions would be the first to rush to the hospital scared if they tested positive'

Yeah. I've got to say I've used hypocrisy as a base for an argument before - but even if such accusations are accurate, they don't actually mean much by themselves.