Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

39 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Panic buyers 

You are the problem you rsoles

Absolutely. When panic buying stopped, everyone was able to get everything they needed. Why don't people learn? Or, why do so many people have to be so bloody selfish?

Also, as if we had to give a golden hour for NHS staff to get in and buy their groceries so they were able to get what they needed. We should be absolutely ashamed.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, peach0000 said:

East Midlands today not being in hd, I shouldn’t have to flick over from the hd channel it’s 2020 and they need to sort their shit out. I swear I’ve been waiting about 10 years for them to do so. 

Stay on HD and enjoy the modern equivalent of the Trade Test Transmission: couples dancing the Charleston (?), blokes walking barky little dogs, a steel band in full swing and a load of surfers heading for the crashing surf.

Much better than a schoolgirl playing noughts and crosses on a blackboard with her sinister-looking puppet, like we used to get. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I mean, you dont have to sit down at 6pm and watch the news to know what's going on. Everything that's said and more is available to you at the touch of a button as soon as it happens. The news channels and newspapers all have websites and social media channels. I assume that's what @The Bear was getting at.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Our games being on bastard Sundays. Only going to going to get worse with the Europa League as well 

For watching at home, I think it's loads better when they're on a Sunday, or later kick offs. Saturday's are loads better for actually doing something and given everywhere either dead or closed on after mid afternoon on a Sunday, sitting down to watch football is great.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Our games being on bastard Sundays. Only going to going to get worse with the Europa League as well 

Personally speaking I'm not too fussed. A bastard when we were able to go (especially 4/4.30pm games) but now it all blends into one really. At least our fans can get to non-league games and not miss our matches.

I really hope that 7pm Sunday games don't become a regular thing when fans are back, however.

• Like 1

Yes it seems different now somehow. My weekend is always planned around the football, and when we could go I hated Sunday games because it felt like the whole weekend was spent waiting to go to the match. But now we can't go I don't mind nearly as much, and at least if we lose on a Sunday it doesn't ruin the whole weekend. No idea why it feels different though...

Professional people who don't get reply all, we're currently selling/buying a house and there is lots of associated admin and every email I copy my other half and vice versa so we both have visibility of what is going on and if one of us is busy the other can respond. But they keep on just replying to the sender. It's doing my head in. How can people in 2020 still not get emails.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Professional people who don't get reply all, we're currently selling/buying a house and there is lots of associated admin and every email I copy my other half and vice versa so we both have visibility of what is going on and if one of us is busy the other can respond. But they keep on just replying to the sender. It's doing my head in. How can people in 2020 still not get emails.

I thought this was gonna be the other way round lol

I get annoyed by people using reply all on emails and being involved in a conversation I'm not interested in. 

Have you asked them to include both accounts on replies?

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I thought this was gonna be the other way round lol

I get annoyed by people using reply all on emails and being involved in a conversation I'm not interested in. 

Have you asked them to include both accounts on replies?

Many times, but you'd just assume that if someone has added another personal email on copy there is a reason for that not just for shits and giggles.

I guess not being married and having the same surname means it's not obvious it's my missus but we're joint applicants on everything. Even people we've dealt with a number of times and have spoken to both of us in the course of a transaction do it.

As a general rule at work I'd much rather be copied into something that doesn't directly concern me than not be copied into an email that does.

I've even had it where someone is asking me to do something in an email I'm not on copy and then sending a passive aggressive email to me to ask why I hadn't done it.

Edited by Captain...

23 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Many times, but you'd just assume that if someone has added another personal email on copy there is a reason for that not just for shits and giggles.

I guess not being married and having the same surname means it's not obvious it's my missus but we're joint applicants on everything. Even people we've dealt with a number of times and have spoken to both of us in the course of a transaction do it.

As a general rule at work I'd much rather be copied into something that doesn't directly concern me than not be copied into an email that does.

I've even had it where someone is asking me to do something in an email I'm not on copy and then sending a passive aggressive email to me to ask why I hadn't done it.

I've never dealt with them before but a few friends have told me it's an absolute nightmare dealing with people buying a house so I have sympathy for you on that one. It might be an idea to set up a joint email account for this move and both of you just use that. Giving them as little opportunity to mess up seems like the way to go.

It must have been pretty satisfying putting that person who sent the passive aggressive email in their place lol can't stand people like that.

*edited to say I just realised this is just a thread for you griping and not actually asking for advice, sorry lol

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1