Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Im tired of the... "its all the young people and social media's fault, everyone spend too much time on their computer/phone/screen"

FFS get over it you whiney fvckers, this is the future.

If you are over 60 i imagine you were told that the movies and radio were ruining everything.

im in my 50s and well remember being told that TV was the ruin of us all.

If you are in your 40s, youve probably been told its the computer games ruining everything.

If you are in your 30s i assume its the internet that ruined everything.

and if you are in your 20s... well its good ol social media.

It. Is. Called. Progress.

People that only assume older is better in sport. 

I can't be doing with F1 anymore, but what Lewis Hamilton has achieved is absolutely phenomenal. Dickheads will write him off because of his car as if Schumacher didn't spend most of his Championship winning years in the best one as well.

Same idiots that think Maradona was better than Messi and that Mike Tyson aged 54 would still give top heavyweights a run for their money now.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2020 at 18:38, urban.spaceman said:

How are the Zambian authorities dealing with it? My cousin's in lockdown in Botswana, says they've banned the sale of alcohol and cigarettes for a month to discourage parties and try to keep everyone indoors. Very unpopular decision!

Did I ever respond to this?!

They banned bars and nightclubs after 10pm, like the virus has a cut off point.

But to be honest, everything has gone well here. They are used to cholera and other sanitation etc issues.

I think I had it earlier in the year, I didn't go near a hospital though. Then I heard an acquaintance we met with had it, so i got tested, all clear. 

Other than that 50% wear masks, and life is going on.

Right now it is >30°c so no virus is surviving long. I am barely alive myself.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

But to be honest, everything has gone well here. They are used to cholera and other sanitation etc issues.

I think I had it earlier in the year, I didn't go near a hospital though. Then I heard an acquaintance we met with had it, so i got tested, all clear. 

Oh and we were planning on Cape Town for Christmas, but who knows if they'd let us get the drinks in. So forget that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

No you didn't! Thanks for the update tho.

Similar situation to Bots, lucky to have a hot climate and a relatively small population for such a big country with the cities massively spaced out. Glad it's going well in Zam, this lockdown has me longing for the open road like never before.

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Oh and we were planning on Cape Town for Christmas, but who knows if they'd let us get the drinks in. So forget that!

Thanks for making me ****ing homesick!

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Im tired of the... "its all the young people and social media's fault, everyone spend too much time on their computer/phone/screen"

FFS get over it you whiney fvckers, this is the future.

If you are over 60 i imagine you were told that the movies and radio were ruining everything.

im in my 50s and well remember being told that TV was the ruin of us all.

If you are in your 40s, youve probably been told its the computer games ruining everything.

If you are in your 30s i assume its the internet that ruined everything.

and if you are in your 20s... well its good ol social media.

It. Is. Called. Progress.

It's not so much the social media platforms themselves, it is the melts on them...

If I was an "influencer" and told people that eating camel shit would increase your cardiovascular endurance, someone somewhere would do it. 

Certain generations are more susceptible to accepting the issues as they have grown up with it. Out of all of the advancements with each generation, our online presence evolution is the most worrying, before pretty much everything was tangible, no matter the subject, but now, its not always something we can control...

If I took a photo of my bollocks in the 70's and stuck it in a book in the library, it probably wouldn't travel all that far, and may even be lost... I stick a picture of my bollocks on the internet, chances are It will end up in China..... Progress shouldn't be measured by what is current I am sure Hitler thought that the Nazi ideology was progress but it certainly wasn't. Social media is what it is, but it is also a vine that has grown ludicrously out of control and is probably the most dangerous of our "progressions". 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It's not so much the social media platforms themselves, it is the melts on them...

If I was an "influencer" and told people that eating camel shit would increase your cardiovascular endurance, someone somewhere would do it. 

Certain generations are more susceptible to accepting the issues as they have grown up with it. Out of all of the advancements with each generation, our online presence evolution is the most worrying, before pretty much everything was tangible, no matter the subject, but now, its not always something we can control...

If I took a photo of my bollocks in the 70's and stuck it in a book in the library, it probably wouldn't travel all that far, and may even be lost... I stick a picture of my bollocks on the internet, chances are It will end up in China..... Progress shouldn't be measured by what is current I am sure Hitler thought that the Nazi ideology was progress but it certainly wasn't. Social media is what it is, but it is also a vine that has grown ludicrously out of control and is probably the dangerous of our "progressions". 

Mate, if you want to see bollox, get yourself over to the Religion thread.

Biggest load of bollox I've ever seen.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Because he’s been at the absolute top of the game for 12 years, producing ridiculous figures year after year. 

The only argument people use for Maradona is that he won a World Cup. So did Per Mertersacker, but it doesn’t make him better than Van Dijk. 

Anyone who uses trophies as a judge of whos the better player, remind them that Djimi Traore won the Champions League.

• Haha 1

When you send someone an important e-mail and they don't reply. So you send them another and another, and then eventually months later they respond and say "Oh sorry, your previous e-mails went into my junk files and I just found them"

No they didn't you lying bastard. Your lazy ass just couldn't be arsed to reply.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

When you send someone an important e-mail and they don't reply. So you send them another and another, and then eventually months later they respond and say "Oh sorry, your previous e-mails went into my junk files and I just found them"

No they didn't you lying bastard. Your lazy ass just couldn't be arsed to reply.

Only just seen this, it went to my junk post area :ph34r:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What really, really ****s me off to the very core is people who leave their cars on outside your house. Especially early in the morning. This **** has had his range rover running for literally over 20 minutes directly outside my house. Hope he bins it when he finally ****s off. 

I live near a private school and the yummy mummy brigade are top drawer in blocking off residents with their SUV / Range Rover type gas guzzlers which also begs the question of why they need one when they dont live in the fvckin countryside?

On 20/11/2020 at 21:34, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Maradona at his peak was better than anyone in my lifetime.

How many times did you actually get to watch him play Geoff? I’m not trying to be abrasive but it must have been limited to World Cup games? Seeing Messi do extraordinary things is almost the norm, it’s readily available. Players like Maradona and Pele had a mystique associated with them because there was so much you didn’t know then because football coverage was less comprehensive.

• Like 4

On 20/11/2020 at 08:20, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What really, really ****s me off to the very core is people who leave their cars on outside your house. Especially early in the morning. This **** has had his range rover running for literally over 20 minutes directly outside my house. Hope he bins it when he finally ****s off. 

Sorry about that...had the heater on. 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

How many times did you actually get to watch him play Geoff? I’m not trying to be abrasive but it must have been limited to World Cup games? Seeing Messi do extraordinary things is almost the norm, it’s readily available. Players like Maradona and Pele had a mystique associated with them because there was so much you didn’t know then because football coverage was less comprehensive.

Maradona went to Napoli when Seria A was the best league in the world, not sure about the UK, but in Oz we got regular coverage of games from it... Maradona was something else.

Having said that, my VERY limited experience of seeing Pele set him apart.. and i just dont watch anything ohter than the Premier league and internationals now.

• Like 1