Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I think people forget how good players were. I'm just talking about players I grew up with here. You get the younger generation now fawning over De Brunye in this Country for example, and he's suddenly "the greatest midfielder of the PL era" but for me, he wouldn't get near Gerrard in his prime. (And that's not even mentioning the likes of Lampard, Keane and Viera.) And the twitter football weirdos will shoot that down because Gerrard never won a league title, but he was a player that could do everything (scoring long range goals, good in the air, defend, tackle, win the ball back, score set pieces, play anywhere, led the team and single-handedly won them games/trophies) and could have moved and won everything too. Which annoys me more because fans claim loyalty is gone but then laugh at players who did remain loyal and won nothing (see Gerrard/Shearer/Le Tissier etc).

The other day I saw a poll about whether Ramos is the best defender "of all time". I was amazed. He's good, of course he is, but again, in my lifetime, I'd take Maldini (even though he was left sided more)/Nesta/Cannavaro every time.

I'm not disagreeing with you btw but just going the other way with it.

I agree, not a single player from the last 5 years would get into an all time PL XI.

It appears we have this tendency to want to convince ourselves or others that what we are seeing now is as good as it gets and dismissing what has gone before.

That’s not to say the likes of Aguero, KDB, Salah etc are not good players, they are just not all time greats.

• Like 2

When football commentators or pundits say stuff like 'I dont even know what the offside rule is anymore' as if its the rulemakers' fault.

They literally get paid to tell people whats happening in a football match, its their fvckin responsibility know what the rules are and keep up to date with them regardless of whether or not they agree with them. 

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 4

I’ve posted a few things in here but this might be the pettiest!

Guy Fieri, presenter of ‘Diners, Drivers and Dives’ exclaiming ‘MMMMMMM’ half a second before the food actually enters his f**king mouth. 

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

When football commentators or pundits say stuff like 'I dont even know what the offside rule is anymore' as if its the rulemakers' fault.

They literally get paid to tell people whats happening in a football match, its their fvckin responsibility know what the rules are and keep up to date with them regardless of whether or not they agree with them. 

I understand the annoyance for the offside rule. But regarding things like penalties or handball, the interpretation changes by the hour in some games 

6 hours ago, oakman said:

Guy Fieri, presenter of ‘Diners, Drivers and Dives’ exclaiming ‘MMMMMMM’ half a second before the food actually enters his f**king mouth. 

I saw a show once where he was just making Christmas dinner without playing up to the camera, it was so bizarre. Didn't have a flame shirt or sunglasses or anything, like seeing a transvestite on their day off

6 hours ago, oakman said:

You don't think maybe he can also see and smell?

I can't describe how much I hate the new Gary Barlow song. Seems to be everywhere I go, honestly think it's the worst song ever. 

Put the TV on this morning and it was on an advert, went to Argos to collect something, it was playing there.

Then nipped in Tesco Express on the way back and it was on there too. Horrendous.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rain King said:

I can't describe how much I hate the new Gary Barlow song. Seems to be everywhere I go, honestly think it's the worst song ever. 

Put the TV on this morning and it was on an advert, went to Argos to collect something, it was playing there.

Then nipped in Tesco Express on the way back and it was on there too. Horrendous.

I quite like it :whistle:

Thought it was Michael Buble at first. 

Edited by The Bear

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

It's Incredible....:whistle:

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Any retailer who sends their products via hermes.  Can't think of a more obvious demonstration of contempt for your customers without breaking the law.

I suppose shitting outside your front door might come close, but then that would probably end up broken on your neighbour's lawn just like all the rest.

Mrs CF’s gears were well ground when she came in earlier ..  all to do with inanimate objects having a voice ..     “Hey I’m important keep me safe in case you wish to return anything” on an M&S return form ..  and ..  “Ask for help to lift me down” on top shelf items in Poundland  ..  jeez she’s still chuntering about it now ! ..    “They think we are all children !!!” ...  :D

• Thanks 1