Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 11/08/2018 at 16:44, Legend_in_blue said:

Mafia 3.  Free on PS+ this month.

So far it's quite enjoyable roughly 3 hours in.  Reviews are fairly negative for it though, blaming repetition of missions.  Haven't experienced enough of it yet to gauge this opinion but the story aspect is enough to keep me interested for now.

Same. Not what i expected at all. The soundtrack is pretty great too.

• Like 1

Been back on Forza 7 and it's really annoying me.

The progression system is completely broken and most likely designed to be. It inherently ties in with what cars you acquire as you play, there are two stages of levelling up in the game - one is called XP and gaining it turns a little wheel which when fills ups after a couple of races gives you three choices: 50k in credits, 400k off of a new car or 'driver gear'(useless tat for your avatar). The other way of levelling up is from 'reputation' gained by collecting higher rarity cars, this fills another wheel eachtime you gain different rarity cars with points which in turn changes the XP prize car every time you win 2 or three races. The problem is you only get 400k off a car and you would be an idiot to chose any of the other levelling up prizes, you only make a maximum of 120k credits every 2 races so you don't have any money to spend on anything you actually want, you're constantly locked in to saving your cash into the 1.8m credit prize car with 400k off because its better value but it's every 6 races or so you get given a discount on another decent car so you would be dumb to turn down - you end up with a backlog of 12 cars to buy(in my case), at 800k upwards each with the discount accounted for and the stream carries on as you go. I have no money for anything I actually want with the next 8m I possibly grind to earn already marked off.

Then we have the way gameplay is structured. Forza has always had an autotune option, something for the lazy or IQ deficient players to use to tune their cars up for them, it never gave the best results and I never found it useful. In Forza 7 it is forced onto you and labelled as 'homologation', all races in the career mode have new restrictions on how much horse power your car can have, what tyres it has - which restricts the freedom Forza has always had to do what you want. When you buy cars they are also auto-homologated, completely dumbing down the process of customising cars. It also hugely impacts online, the main thing I used to enjoy on Forza online was called tag virus - one car starts as 'it' and spreads the virus to anyone it touches, it the end you can be racing around with 20 cars trying to crash into you, great fun. The thing was it used to be locked in so all cars were equally balanced; now there is no limit, you can play virus in any car leading to a completely unbalanced mess compared to what it used to be.

The latest WOW BFA cinematic, featuring Azshara and set during the sundering ten thousand years before current events, at the end of the war of the ancients.

All the log in screens plus music from classic to BFA, BFA has some really nice zones, 6 in all so far and there's a lot to do if a little buggy at times, dunno which is my fave zone, only thing is before you can start the new zones you have to quest back to Silithus where Sargeras left his sword from the end of Legion and on the Horde side lead a jail break from Stormwind.

Edited by ithuriel

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2018 at 08:39, spacemunky said:

Since Im a PS4 user and have to wait on Fifa 19, I'm occupying my time with NHL 19. It's exactly like football, 'cept on ice and you use a stick. Also, if you kick the ball,err.. puck in the goal it doesn't count!

So Canadian!! LOL 

• Haha 1

Still flogging away with War Thunder, basically been the only game I've played properly for the last couple of years. 

The latest update has pissed a lot of people off, essentially all the new stuff they're putting in is making it impossible to reach the upper tiers of the game where all the cool new stuff is (helicopters, M1 Abrams etc), which has pissed everyone off. 

The comments on this video kind of sums up the state of the game at the moment, which is a shame as the game itself is incredible if you're into this sort of thing.  

Rocket League. So much bloody Rocket League. 

I've finally started putting some proper practice into my aerials, and have really noticed a huge difference in the way I play now - before I used to be able to hit them pretty consistently, but I'd not really be able to place the shot or airroll to redirect it, but that's starting to happen now, and it's a great feeling getting those 'Wow!'s when you nail a tricky shot.

Now I just need to remember how to play defensively again. lol

Edited by TeePee

3 hours ago, TeePee said:

I've finally started putting some proper practice into my aerials, and have really noticed a huge difference in the way I play now - before I used to be able to hit them pretty consistently, but I'd not really be able to place the shot or airroll to redirect it, but that's starting to happen now, and it's a great feeling getting those 'Wow!'s when you nail a tricky shot.

That game turns me into a ****ing horrible person for some reason

On 02/10/2018 at 11:06, RonnieTodger said:

Going through old Xbox games. The fact that no-one has made a Boxing game since Fight Night Champion is a travesty. 

License issues, boxers own their own image rights individually. The UFC own everyone on their rosters.

Therefore, much easier and significantly cheaper to make a UFC game instead. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 30/09/2018 at 10:05, TeePee said:

Rotation, rotation, rotation. Defense is key if you want to be an effective teammate. Just treat defending the ball similar to attacking and try to put it into areas that aren't dangerous. 

7500 games. I miss my life. 

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

License issues, boxers own their own image rights individually. The UFC own everyone on their rosters.

Therefore, much easier and significantly cheaper to make a UFC game instead. 

I get that, but you'd think it could include about 10-20 real boxers and let the community do the rest with a creation centre or something? 

15 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I get that, but you'd think it could include about 10-20 real boxers and let the community do the rest with a creation centre or something? 

EA could do that yes if they cared one iota about making fans of the fight night series happy.

But given all they care about is commercial performance and profit, UFC games are what they are going to keep pumping out.

There will be a new boxing game eventually I imagine it will just take some time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Rotation, rotation, rotation. Defense is key if you want to be an effective teammate. Just treat defending the ball similar to attacking and try to put it into areas that aren't dangerous. 

7500 games. I miss my life. 

Oh yeah, I know how to do it, it's just I was finding that I'd spent so much time focusing on aerials in free practice etc, where you're supposed to be going for every ball regardless of the game situation etc, that I was catching myself doing it in games out of habit - going for long-range aerials from the back and leaving us exposed and so on.

Frustratingly, even though the dreaded 'ball chaser' epidemic has died down a bit, there now seems to be a real outbreak at the moment of 'lazy' players who don't move up the pitch when attacking - as a player who loves an assist (particularly the devastating fast and low ball along the edge of the 'penalty area') there's nothing more annoying than looking for the alternative to just mashing the ball into the corner and hoping for a lucky bounce and seeing that both your teammates are still sat in your own half. :nono:

Edited by TeePee