Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

QPR pre-match thread

Don't think its going to happen this weekend to be honest, Burnley have lost 4 all season, they aren't going to lose 2 in a row.

they've lost 5 and could quite easily lose 2 in a row. Although it is Blackpool so surely Burnley wont lose to them but stranger things happen.

Moore for Was

James for Hammond

Knocky for Dyer

Let's win the league!  :scarf:

Think all will agree with 2 and 3 there. 1 is brave but not outrageous. It won't happen anyway, which isn't a big issue, but Moore does need to play a few games as we prepare for next season. 

Hammond for me.

He plays the defensive role better than King IMO

We are at home we should attack, that means with King, we are promoted play positive.

QPR have a cagey defence.Rest Nugent but play him in 2nd half, to try knocky inside with Vardy,

and use Dyer and Mahrez, but give Dyer a better service than last night, attack down the flanks.

Plus I would like to see the return of Moore.

Thats what I would like to see, but NP will play who he decides is up for it, I wont contradict his choice,

Hes got city to where we are...top and the title .Chickens have been counted, the fat lady has finished singing,

Cos nobody took the hint.

Don't think its going to happen this weekend to be honest, Burnley have lost 4 all season, they aren't going to lose 2 in a row.

They hadn't lost at home in 12 months before we went there, now they've lost their last 2 home games. 

Had four separate £10 bets with my QPR supporting house mate towards the beginning of the season;

Winner of each game.

Whoever finishes higher in the league.

Us to win a penalty against them.

So far I'm guaranteed to not lose any money but I could do with us winning through a penalty to secure a nice little £40 profit :thumbup:  

I've got a feeling they'll feel a bit robbed and cut up towards us because we have run away with it this season which was so obviously their target. I reckon we are in for a rough ride on Saturday because of that. For that reason we could probably use Burnley winning on Friday just to take the sting out of the match a leaving QPR treading water in 3rd/4th knowing they can't catch Burnley. Regardless I think 3 more points will put the title out of Burnley's reach.

Same team that started against Burnley away and we should be doing alright - provided James is back from injury up until Saturday.

Same line up for me too. If James is injured go Hammond and Drinkwater.

Kevin Doyle has been added to the QPR squad to face Leicester on Saturday.

The on-loan Wolves striker has recovered from a knee injury, trained all week, and boss Harry Redknapp has pencilled him in his Easter ‘juggling act’ – as he calls it.

“We’ve got two games in quick succession, and we might need to change things,” he explained.

Whether or not the manager holds good his promise to give defender Richard Dunne a rest against the Foxes depends on the progress of Clint Hill.

The latter has been out with a knee and ankle knock, but is also included as a likely contender for the visit to the Championship leaders.

Joey Barton will have to avoid three more bookings that could see him out of the play-offs, but his manager insists he has to give the midfielder games.

“There’s no reason why he should pick up bookings,” Harry offered, “and he needs games to keep fit.”

Jermaine Jenas is definitely ruled out with an ongoing calf injury, but apart from long-term injuries to Ale Faurlin and Matt Phillips, Rangers should have the rarity of a full squad after both Andy Johnson and Shaun Wright-Phillips played for the U21s midweek.

I think we need someone to keep Morrison quiet this game as he seems to make QPR tick wouldnt surprise if Hammond was assigned to stick near him

That would make a lot of sense. Morrison is the one QPR player I would be concerned about - he's clearly made a difference since he joined them, and keeping him quiet would be important.

I think that if our youngsters - Knocky, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Vardy - are all on song, they will really cause the QPR defence some problems.

Te other side of Burnley playing on Friday night is if they win QPR are officially out of the running for top 2, with a playoff place gaurenteed they will not actually be playing for anything.

Where as if Burnley lose, with their run in QPR may well be flying trying to sneak into 2nd

Schmeichel

De Laet -- Moore -- Morgan -- Schlupp

Mahrez -- Drinkwater -- James* --  Knockaert

Nugent -- Vardy

* If fit (we've not heard the full extent of his injury yet).

2-2 another tough game.

Team

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Wasilewski

Konchesky

Drinkwater

King

Schlupp

Mahrez

Nugent

Vardy

Bench: Logan, Moore, Knockaert, Hammond, Phillips, Taylor-Fletcher & Wood.

Can't decide if to either have Phillips or Dyer on the bench?

Archived