Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

1 minute ago, adam1 said:

Then they have to leave earlier.

Depends how far away you live. Do you want to leave kids outside the school for an hour before it begins? Have you ever tried getting kids up early in the morning?

5 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

People who drive around multi-storey car parks like they're in the Monaco Grand Prix. 

People who are looking for a particular road/house number and drive around at 5mph and or stop starting with no warning. 

They are going 5mph but stop with no warning?

Maybe if you were right up there àrse but why do that if the car in front is only doing 5???

32 minutes ago, Royston. said:

They are going 5mph but stop with no warning?

Maybe if you were right up there àrse but why do that if the car in front is only doing 5???

Yeah, that wasn't explained very well. For example, doing 40mph and then regularly stopping every 50 yards to check location. That's not a case of being too far up their arse, it's erratic driving. We've all been lost/not sure of the exact house number, but there's a difference between pulling over and working out where you are/need to be and reaching the speed limit before aimlessly stopping again every 10 seconds without warning.

Even worse when people almost stop on a motorway/dual carriageway to check if it is indeed the junction they need. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well it didn't really annoy me but more made me laugh ...   saw Leicesters new criminal mastermind at work today in Sainsburys car park in Market Harborough ...  after robbing a store (maybe Homebase ?) he shot off out the car park with his boot open spilling his stolen torches all over the place ...  then he got held up at the lights before whizzing off down the wrong side of the road ...    he'd obviously put a lot of thought into this ..    don't give up your day job mate :)

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Well it didn't really annoy me but more made me laugh ...   saw Leicesters new criminal mastermind at work today in Sainsburys car park in Market Harborough ...  after robbing a store (maybe Homebase ?) he shot off out the car park with his boot open spilling his stolen torches all over the place ...  then he got held up at the lights before whizzing off down the wrong side of the road ...    he'd obviously put a lot of thought into this ..    don't give up your day job mate :)

I'm sure the police will want to ask him if he can shed any light on what happened.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tractors.  Who.  Don't.  Pull.  Over.

Twatctars.

You ate something today which grew in a field or lived in a field until it was killed for food? Gizzabreak! Why not turn on road users who don't. actually. have. to. be, there!!!

How about caravans? Jeremy Clarkson was right!

What's all this about llamas anyway. They breed as easily as sheep or goats but they cost a couple of grand. Each!

Pets for well-heeled middle class country incomers who have a few acres of land but aren't quite up to keeping a horse!!!

14 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

You ate something today which grew in a field or lived in a field until it was killed for food? Gizzabreak! Why not turn on road users who don't. actually. have. to. be, there!!!

What's all this about llamas anyway. They breed as easily as sheep or goats but they cost a couple of grand. Each!

Pets for well-heeled middle class country incomers who have a few acres of land but aren't quite up to keeping a horse!!!

No offence mate but if you're holding up a few hundred metres of traffic on a national limit single carriageway and you go past at least 3 separate stopping areas over (presumably more given the size of the column when I joined it) without making so much as a rolling pit stop, you're going to upset a lot of drivers who also need to be there.  Notice I didn't say all tractor drivers but specifically the ones that never give way - I think we all realise they need to use the road but common courtesy goes both ways and when it gets to the point where you're adding 5 minutes to dozens of people's journey then maybe you should consider giving up 30 seconds of your one journey to let them through.

Not sure how I can help you with your llama issue.

41 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

Err tractors are off road vehicles, they dont need to be in my way.

7 hours ago, Strokes said:

Err tractors are off road vehicles, they dont need to be in my way.

I have to be honest, both agricultural and industrial building related vehicles have annoyed me this week - one of the last dry weeks for motor biking where my tyres will actually reach temperature this year and the roads are full of soil, shite, mud gravel and bricks.

*shakes fist in air for effect

• Like 1

Now the nights are drawing in, it's annoying how many people trundle along with no lights on, usually in the middle of a line of traffic all of who have their lights on!

Surely these prats can see it's getting dusk/dark. Don't they think "oh, my dashboard is difficult to see, maybe I need to illuminate it"? Even those that use only their sidelights are making some token effort. But then why use only sidelights? Do they think that using headlights will add cost to their electricity bill?

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Now the nights are drawing in, it's annoying how many people trundle along with no lights on, usually in the middle of a line of traffic all of who have their lights on!

Surely these prats can see it's getting dusk/dark. Don't they think "oh, my dashboard is difficult to see, maybe I need to illuminate it"? Even those that use only their sidelights are making some token effort. But then why use only sidelights? Do they think that using headlights will add cost to their electricity bill?

What's more annoying is at least some of these divs will have vehicles with automatic lights that they either a) don't know about or b) inexplicably refuse to use.

I've been given a lift in a few cars with all sorts of fantastic kit on and the owners have not got a clue how to use any of it, which makes me wonder why they didn't just buy a shitter version of the same thing

11 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

No offence mate but if you're holding up a few hundred metres of traffic on a national limit single carriageway and you go past at least 3 separate stopping areas over (presumably more given the size of the column when I joined it) without making so much as a rolling pit stop, you're going to upset a lot of drivers who also need to be there.  Notice I didn't say all tractor drivers but specifically the ones that never give way - I think we all realise they need to use the road but common courtesy goes both ways and when it gets to the point where you're adding 5 minutes to dozens of people's journey then maybe you should consider giving up 30 seconds of your one journey to let them through.

Not sure how I can help you with your llama issue.

No offence meant. I live in a rural area and although I don't farm, I know a few farmers and I kinda see things both ways.

Still don't see the point in keeping llamas. You can't ride them and they are too big to be a household pet. And I don't actually think they are particularly nice animals.They spit for a pastime, and with great accuracy. Usually aimed at your eyes.

50 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

No offence meant. I live in a rural area and although I don't farm, I know a few farmers and I kinda see things both ways.

Still don't see the point in keeping llamas. You can't ride them and they are too big to be a household pet. And I don't actually think they are particularly nice animals.They spit for a pastime, and with great accuracy. Usually aimed at your eyes.

None taken, if spitting is the worst experience you have of llamas then you should consider yourself lucky, they're known to dine on human faces (not raw face though, that's just gross).

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

In addition to this, the drivers with insanely bright halogen bulbs which are hard to distinguish from full beams.  The sidelight thing is something I do occasionally if it's dark enough to need your lights for other cars to see you clearly but still bright enough (or the streets are well enough lit) to see without headlights.

56 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

None taken, if spitting is the worst experience you have of llamas then you should consider yourself lucky, they're known to dine on human faces (not raw face though, that's just gross).

In addition to this, the drivers with insanely bright halogen bulbs which are hard to distinguish from full beams.  The sidelight thing is something I do occasionally if it's dark enough to need your lights for other cars to see you clearly but still bright enough (or the streets are well enough lit) to see without headlights.

take a look at this: http://www.lightmare.org/

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

take a look at this: http://www.lightmare.org/

I'm glad somebody's trying to do something about it, I got my licence in 2009 and in the short period since the number of blinding headlights has noticeably increased, in fact I barely even registered them back then but now it's every few cars.

11 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Hate it when these cvnts are driving behind me, it seems like they are constantly flashing me making me paranoid there is something wrong.

Melton ****ing road.

The usual rant about double yellows, but outside the big furniture shop towards the thurmaston end (with a small layby) I got stuck behind a bloke who had, let's charitably say parked, in a spot a kid's scooter wouldn't fit and had instead just left his car blocking the entire side of the road. What on earth goes through these people's minds?

• Like 1

Lutterworth Road at lunchtime today, queuing back all the way to the pedestrian crossing on the brow of the hill.

Ridiculous.  Not a bus in sight.  Keep the bus lane open to all on a Sunday ffs and show some common sense.

As well as that, move the last bus stop before the lights back 20 yards, set the camera up on the other lamp post and give everyone more room to make a manoevre into the left hander down to Fosse Park.  Stops idiots flying round the outside past a load of zigzagged cars on the other side of the road as well.

12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Trying to get to Market Harborough on the A6 this morning  - encountered some local eccentric on a motorised armchair...

79697c37e10a126559467a0246eed2ba.thumb.jpg.c317812685ad63900efe3a0beb380cb7.jpg

Now we both know you're talking crap here. That bike is too quick to photograph. The only picture you'd take is one of the reg plate as it flashes past you.

Edited by Col city fan