Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 30/05/2019 at 18:06, stix said:

I don’t know where you live, but on Pullman Road in wigston there I stretch of road similar to the one you’re describing. What pisses me off is if I’ve pulled out to overtake the parked vehicles, and then some div belts around the corner and fvcking floors it to try and make a point and then tries to blame me, when the cvnt wasn’t even on the same road as me when I proceeded with my manoeuvre. I’ve had countless incidents on that road in my 20 years driving. 

Where I live in Birstall there's a stretch of road where people always park one side of the road for the shops, so there's only ever really one lane (except at night). The amount of idiots that don't understand the rules of right-of-way drives me nuts.

The worst for me is if one person has gone (their turn or not), and then a stream of cars just follow. What makes it worse is there's a junction just after the parked cars, so if two or three cars have followed, they block the whole road and no one can move.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2019 at 18:06, stix said:

I don’t know where you live, but on Pullman Road in wigston there I stretch of road similar to the one you’re describing. What pisses me off is if I’ve pulled out to overtake the parked vehicles, and then some div belts around the corner and fvcking floors it to try and make a point and then tries to blame me, when the cvnt wasn’t even on the same road as me when I proceeded with my manoeuvre. I’ve had countless incidents on that road in my 20 years driving. 

I work near there Stix and know what you mean.  Most drivers in that area are in some sort of knob head driver twilight zone.  It's used as a rat run.  Everyone speeds, despite the ramps, they drive up your @rse, cut corners completely when turning right and none of their indicators work (it would appear!).  I know there are poor drivers elsewhere but this has to been seen to be believed.  

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever came up with the layout of the end of the M69 on the Leicester end evidently had no consideration for traffic but it doesn't help when you get idiots on the outside lane and then indicate to turn off to the M1 at the last minute. There should be a dedicated lane to get onto the M1 instead of a turn off, infuriating at times.

• Like 1

Did some work on my car in Narborough.  Thought I'd take it for a half decent run to check it was ok.  Down through Sharnford onto the A5 & up to Lutterworth.  What the fvck?  It's an absolute mess near Magna Park/Jct 20 with all the roadworks.  I was going to come back on the M1 but went through Lutterworth town instead (which was the usual ball ache).  Snail's pace all the way to Dunt' Bassett crossroads.......more roadworks & temporary traffic lights.  I reckon it took over 20 minutes to get through the lights.  An hour sat in traffic in the middle of the day when all I wanted to do was take it 'round the block'.

8 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Did some work on my car in Narborough.  Thought I'd take it for a half decent run to check it was ok.  Down through Sharnford onto the A5 & up to Lutterworth.  What the fvck?  It's an absolute mess near Magna Park/Jct 20 with all the roadworks.  I was going to come back on the M1 but went through Lutterworth town instead (which was the usual ball ache).  Snail's pace all the way to Dunt' Bassett crossroads.......more roadworks & temporary traffic lights.  I reckon it took over 20 minutes to get through the lights.  An hour sat in traffic in the middle of the day when all I wanted to do was take it 'round the block'.

Awful ain't it. I live in Narborough and have been out that way recently and I'm convinced it's taking twice as long.

Broughton's a lot slower to get through now as well.

56 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Awful ain't it. I live in Narborough and have been out that way recently and I'm convinced it's taking twice as long.

Broughton's a lot slower to get through now as well.

Broughton has been an absolute shit-show for the past month plus. Dunton, aldi, theres no way out. But at least now the temporary lights at Aldi are gone. Oh wait, next it's the Cosby crossroads lights, literally the same place. And after that, it's the mill on the soar junction. Due to be completed mid 2020. How do I even leave this village?

6 hours ago, Kopic said:

Broughton has been an absolute shit-show for the past month plus. Dunton, aldi, theres no way out. But at least now the temporary lights at Aldi are gone. Oh wait, next it's the Cosby crossroads lights, literally the same place. And after that, it's the mill on the soar junction. Due to be completed mid 2020. How do I even leave this village?

Cottage Lane lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Whoever came up with the layout of the end of the M69 on the Leicester end evidently had no consideration for traffic but it doesn't help when you get idiots on the outside lane and then indicate to turn off to the M1 at the last minute. There should be a dedicated lane to get onto the M1 instead of a turn off, infuriating at times.

I had a car written off there once. Stopped at the roundabout, expecting to continue towards Leicester.

Then some Turkish wankerer of a taxi driver piled into the back of me.

Towbars are great for protecting the back end of your car, but the French people-carrier the taxi-driver was in was about twice the size of my motor, and actually propelled mine, handbrake on, half way into the outer roundabout lane.

Small consolation that his Citroen was much more badly damaged than my car, and not driveable. 

I think from the layout of the end of the M69 the builders expected to be able to dive under the M1 and continue as a motorway across to what is now Fosse Park and possibly continue onto the original ring road up to the A47. Downhill and downright dangerous.

• Like 1

I'm having to use the M11 a lot at the moment and whenever it's congested you inevitably get these huge queues of people dawdling along on the right hand side, meanwhile the left hand lane gets left largely empty except for the occasional lorry.  It's honestly ridiculous how long those empty stretches can get, it's like having a personal overtaking lane lol

Very straight piece of countryish road with clear visibility.

Two cars about 100-150 yards in front of me. Car in distance coming opposite way.

Car goes into opposite lane to overtake. Doesn't pick up speed.  Very slowly draws alongside (original car is driving slowly).

Overtaking car slams breaks on to dive behind car being overtaken to avoid a head on collision.

I am in a wtf moment after realising the lack of speed would clearly result in evasive action/collision as the whole thing pans out in front of me in slow mo.

5 hours ago, adam1 said:

Very straight piece of countryish road with clear visibility.

Two cars about 100-150 yards in front of me. Car in distance coming opposite way.

Car goes into opposite lane to overtake. Doesn't pick up speed.  Very slowly draws alongside (original car is driving slowly).

Overtaking car slams breaks on to dive behind car being overtaken to avoid a head on collision.

I am in a wtf moment after realising the lack of speed would clearly result in evasive action/collision as the whole thing pans out in front of me in slow mo.

This ties in well with my comment above where a big part of the issue is cars travelling slower than traffic in the 2nd lane but still deciding to move over to attempt an overtake without changing their speed at all, exactly like the guy in your example.  This causes the faster traffic to begin bunching up behind them and of course because those cars are being driven by people whose natural cruising speed is faster than the current one they all stick to the right hand side like glue waiting for slower cars ahead to move back over and free up the lane, causing a vicious cycle where the line keeps growing and the left hand side gets progressively emptier.  Most right minded people would either increase their speed to pass or else wait until there's no oncoming traffic/traffic on their right isn't moving faster than them but sadly some people seem to have zero situational awareness or common sense...

6 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A46 is full of cvntish lorry drivers who try and overtake fellow lorries whilst both going at the same speed. 

I actually don't have a problem with that. Those vehicles are speed restricted and so cannot accelerate to speed up the overtaking procedure.

10 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

This ties in well with my comment above where a big part of the issue is cars travelling slower than traffic in the 2nd lane but still deciding to move over to attempt an overtake without changing their speed at all, exactly like the guy in your example.  This causes the faster traffic to begin bunching up behind them and of course because those cars are being driven by people whose natural cruising speed is faster than the current one they all stick to the right hand side like glue waiting for slower cars ahead to move back over and free up the lane, causing a vicious cycle where the line keeps growing and the left hand side gets progressively emptier.  Most right minded people would either increase their speed to pass or else wait until there's no oncoming traffic/traffic on their right isn't moving faster than them but sadly some people seem to have zero situational awareness or common sense...

When you pull out you I think you are supposed to match the speed of the vehicles in the lane you are joining....

.... never happens!

• Like 1

On 15/06/2019 at 00:05, Kopic said:

I can't wait for those junction improvement works at the B4114 / B581 Mill on the Soar to be fair. It's an absolute bastarding nightmare coming home from work every day. I'm sure you're aware, but on the worst days, I'll be turning left into stationary traffic at the end of Leicester Rd (exiting Sapcote) all the way up to turning right into Broughton. That junction is massively overloaded and tailbacks in all directions.

On the subject of Sapcote, why the hell do so many morons completely disregard the priority traffic calming give way thing in Sapcote? It's at least once a fortnight I end up slamming my brakes on for some idiot trying to squeeze in. 

image.png.e91a01a9e9fe2769feb6daaad43f06d6.png

• Like 1

On 14/06/2019 at 22:56, pSinatra said:

Thats what The Fox is there for !!  ...   stop off, have a beer ...   annnnnd relax ...    :beer: :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, String fellow said:

For once in a blue moon, the DfT are doing something which I'm in favour of! They're introducing hedgehog warning signs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48660420 

If you're travelling at national speed limit and there's a hedgehog in front of you do you genuinely believe it's safe to suddenly brake or swerve to try and avoid it? Just gotta carry on

The part of Melton Road where the bus lane merges with the main vehicle lane (opposite the BP garage), causing traffic obstruction behind (especially when it gets busy before 09:30 and from 15:00-17:30).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

They put up one of those digital signs in my neighborhood that shows you how fast you are going.

Bit annoying though that it doesn't even show the current high score.

Love those, always try to go fast then slow to see how fast it adapts.

Would be great  if they flashed back text saying "slow down you cvnt" or "speed up you old bastard"

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

Drove to Nottingham IKEA yesterday, whole journey there was horrid.

Fosse Park roundabout, got cut up by someone in the next lane who obviously doesnt understand the need to follow the lane round, cut straight into my lane whilst turning. Had to slam the breaks on.

On the motorway, full of middle lane hoggers with no one at all using the left lane. Ended up in people undertaking.

Then an old woman driving no more than 45mph in the left and lane and wouldnt budge to let other cars join off the slip road whilst the middle lane was clear.

Driving back, a car was going about 60mph in the middle, so I went into the right and lane to overtake, he also moved into the lane maintaining his speed when there really wasn't any need to do so - He had nothing to overtake, making me and the cars behind me all have to break.

Typical Sunday drivers!

On 17/06/2019 at 12:15, DennisNedry said:

I can't wait for those junction improvement works at the B4114 / B581 Mill on the Soar to be fair. It's an absolute bastarding nightmare coming home from work every day. I'm sure you're aware, but on the worst days, I'll be turning left into stationary traffic at the end of Leicester Rd (exiting Sapcote) all the way up to turning right into Broughton. That junction is massively overloaded and tailbacks in all directions.

On the subject of Sapcote, why the hell do so many morons completely disregard the priority traffic calming give way thing in Sapcote? It's at least once a fortnight I end up slamming my brakes on for some idiot trying to squeeze in. 

image.png.e91a01a9e9fe2769feb6daaad43f06d6.png

Because majority of Leicester Drivers reflect the nation...They are idiots..!!!:)