Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Come off it Babs, I bet you're down the cop shop every day !! ...   i bet the desk sergeant has a pre printed complaint form with your details on and you just sign and attach the latest video ....    a modern day crime busting superhero !!    :)

He is the Desk sergeant...:smile:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Said it before on here I think, but people driving on the wrong side of the road when cornering are driving me insane (excuse the pun). I had three in less than a 3 miles stretch home the other day on winding country roads; almost every time they look shocked when they come round the bend on the wrong side of the road to see somebody coming the other way head on.

31 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Said it before on here I think, but people driving on the wrong side of the road when cornering are driving me insane (excuse the pun). I had three in less than a 3 miles stretch home the other day on winding country roads; almost every time they look shocked when they come round the bend on the wrong side of the road to see somebody coming the other way head on.

Try riding a 1000cc bike and being committed at 60 into a corner to find some dick half way across your carriageway....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Try riding a 1000cc bike and being committed at 60 into a corner to find some dick half way across your carriageway....

I just don't understand the thought process, you must save like 0.000001 second off your journey time at the risk of crashing and worse. How they've never crashed is beyond me, my car is pretty small thankfully as if it were any bigger I'd definitely have lost around 14 wing mirrors and possibly more by now. 

Maybe somebody can introduce those tyre popping strips (I'm sure they have a more technical name) that you get in car parks to problem areas so that the idiots lose a tyre or two next time they can't take a bend/corner properly. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

The sheer amount of people purposely in the wrong lane, looking to gain the slightest advantage. Then when someone lets them in, they end up blocking the lane they’re moving out of. See it about 3 times every day, drives me mental. 

People in Vans, people in Audi's and BMW's 90% of the time. 

It happens in the same places day in day out on my journey to work. You can see people who have done it accidentally a mile off compared to those jeb ends. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It happens in the same places day in day out on my journey to work. You can see people who have done it accidentally a mile off compared to those jeb ends. 

Taxis are bastards for it as well

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

You'd love a nice bit of German engineering Bab's - it helps you to discount all the other road users who you now know are slower and simply not as valuable as both yourself and your vehicular worth. Honestly mate, that dash cam would be donated to some pauper in a 06 plate Mazda to give them something to distract them from their mediocre driving experience and abilities.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, David Guiza said:

We've definitely talked about this one before, and it amazes me how many drivers just don't seem to be able to keep to their side of the road on a bend of any tightness at all.

Outside the Hare and Hounds in Anstey is a great place to see this in action

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

We've definitely talked about this one before, and it amazes me how many drivers just don't seem to be able to keep to their side of the road on a bend of any tightness at all.

Outside the Hare and Hounds in Anstey is a great place to see this in action

Yes! I grew up in Anstey and my parents still live there, that bend is a nightmare for idiots round with half the car on the wrong side! 

Not only on country lanes, but I see time and again cars turning left out of side streets, somehow unable to stay in the left hand lane and also cutting corners on side streets, driving directly over the give way double dotted lines. Forced to slam the brakes on and not the slightest raised hand or acknowledgement of fault.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

On 11/07/2019 at 16:09, David Guiza said:

Yes! I grew up in Anstey and my parents still live there, that bend is a nightmare for idiots round with half the car on the wrong side! 

Slightly off topic - is there a good chinese in Anstey?

Whenever I can I’ll cycle to work rather than drive as my route is mainly off road, cycling home last Friday evening I had 2 separate incidents which about sums up the selfishness of society today (I call it the me society) 

The first I’m cycling uphill and my side of the road is clear, there is a junction in front where cars always come out and turn right towards me, only there is a parked car on the opposite side of the road to me, a car pulls out of the junction and whilst I’m passing the parked car he drives directly at me on my side of the road and paps me! 

The second just went over a mini roundabout and signal right to turn into home, a BMW comes across the roundabout behind me on the wrong side of the road and passes me on the wrong side whilst I’m cycling with my arm out lol 

And as for people not indicating they can fook right off, so lazy.

• Like 1

Driving down the Mad Mile yesterday afternoon.   Saw blue flashing lights approaching from behind, so we all move over into the left lane.  No drama.

An unmarked police car goes whizzing past...........a Porsche Panamera.

Now I don't expect the police to drive around in a Nissan Micra, but is there really any reason they need to be in a £100k car?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Driving down the Mad Mile yesterday afternoon.   Saw blue flashing lights approaching from behind, so we all move over into the left lane.  No drama.

An unmarked police car goes whizzing past...........a Porsche Panamera.

Now I don't expect the police to drive around in a Nissan Micra, but is there really any reason they need to be in a £100k car?

Could possibly have been repurposed after being seized? 

e.g. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-48053121

• Thanks 1

People who overtake at around 65 on a dual carriageway then rev up to around 75 when they get past the lorry and you try overtaking them before the next one. Speed up to overtake, not vice versa.  If you aren't comfortable overtaking at motorway speeds then just accept having to tail the lorry at 60 until the faster drivers have passed. Rocket science it ain't.

The dangers of the Dashcam generation. Absolutely a force for good, there aren't many negatives to dashcams, though the only one I've spotted watching compliations is an increase in self-entitled folk who seem to actively cause incidents just so they have something to upload.

Case in point this specific incident (ignore the thumbnail of this video, he does not feature at any points)

That driver has 100% done that to upload it, when he's been the pillock. Worryingly, lots of these compilations have similar (though not quite as extreme) incidents where the person seems to think they've done nothing wrong to nearly cause it and merrily uploads it.

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

The dangers of the Dashcam generation. Absolutely a force for good, there aren't many negatives to dashcams, though the only one I've spotted watching compliations is an increase in self-entitled folk who seem to actively cause incidents just so they have something to upload.

Case in point this specific incident (ignore the thumbnail of this video, he does not feature at any points)

That driver has 100% done that to upload it, when he's been the pillock. Worryingly, lots of these compilations have similar (though not quite as extreme) incidents where the person seems to think they've done nothing wrong to nearly cause it and merrily uploads it.

The light hadn't even turned green when he floored the accelerator. Absolutely in the wrong.

Edited by Uranyl Yellow
  • Thanks 1