Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

The silly old twat that went flying through the crossroads just outside Aldi in Broughton Astley at about 3pm this afternoon.  He really should do the lottery this weekend because he is one lucky fvcker.

I waited at the lights facing towards Cosby, second in the queue.  The lights turned green & the car in front went straight over at a normal speed.  I then pulled off in no particular rush.  Out of nowhere a white car flashed in front of me, heading towards Mill on the Soar, in the 20ft gap between me & the car in front.  The red light on his side must have been red for at least a couple of seconds.

Whatever his problem, he should not be on the road.  Kill yourself for all I care, but try not to take anyone else with you.

I was walking in town this afternoon. Half on the road, half on the pavement, a car had pulled up so the driver could collect his missus who was waiting nearby. Before she got to the car, I saw the driver throw a piece of paper out of the passenger side window. The woman must have seen it so as she reached the car, I asked her to pick the paper up. She just looked at me gone out. I asked her again but she ignored me. After walking past their car I turned and made out I was taking a picture of the scene. It had the desired effect; she got back out of the car and picked the litter up.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Two lanes. Need to be in left lane 3/4 mile ahead. Its uphill.

Car and trailer to our left and a car behind.

Nothing in front.

The driver of my car is her. She slows down from 40 to 20 to pull in behind the two vehicles in that lane.

She has over 220bhp under her right foot...🤨

On 05/08/2019 at 22:03, Arkie Bennett said:

I was walking in town this afternoon. Half on the road, half on the pavement, a car had pulled up so the driver could collect his missus who was waiting nearby. Before she got to the car, I saw the driver throw a piece of paper out of the passenger side window. The woman must have seen it so as she reached the car, I asked her to pick the paper up. She just looked at me gone out. I asked her again but she ignored me. After walking past their car I turned and made out I was taking a picture of the scene. It had the desired effect; she got back out of the car and picked the litter up.

I often tell people who drop litter to pick it up. Most of the time they do, surprisingly. I haven't been hit yet. But it's only a matter of time.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

People who not only sit in the middle lane when the left is clear but literally overtake everything. This one tw*t going about 65 in the middle lane, so I go around him and move to the left hand lane, then he speeds up to 75 to get by me, then slows down back to 65 again without changing lanes.

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

People who not only sit in the middle lane when the left is clear but literally overtake everything. This one tw*t going about 65 in the middle lane, so I go around him and move to the left hand lane, then he speeds up to 75 to get by me, then slows down back to 65 again without chaning lanes.

Absolute vvankers these people.

They need having their licence revoked.

• Like 2

Couldn't believe what I saw today.

Following a van, we stop because of red lights (he's at the front of the queue, I'm behind him). He starts going forward, I'm thinking bit weird there's nowhere to (legally) go, then he just goes for it - bearing in mind this is a main road - and a car coming across the junction nearly takes him out. I couldn't believe how casual he was. So close to a big accident.

Other night I was on the road just coming from Morrison's Petrol station, going past the side road from Mecca Bingo/Car Showroom. 

Taxi driver comes from the side road, doesnt stop and I have to swerve to stop him going into the side of me. I couldnt believe he didnt hit, it was very very close.

I assume he just dropped off a job and was probably on his mobile device closing/selecting a new job, most Taxi drivers do it. Why can't they do it when they are stationary when they drop off?

Lorries overtaking, I regularly drive on the A1 between Stamford and Newark and I've lost count of the amount of times I'm held up at 50 mph because a lorry has been attempting to overtake another lorry.

Just now, Tuna said:

Lorries overtaking, I regularly drive on the A1 between Stamford and Newark and I've lost count of the amount of times I'm held up at 50 mph because a lorry has been attempting to overtake another lorry.

And when they finally pull in you still have to deal with the driver at the head of the queue who doesn't want to travel faster than 65mph but also doesn't want to pull over in the long gaps between lorries, presumably because they don't want have to wait for a safe moment to pull out when they finally catch up to the next one.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2019 at 17:32, Grebfromgrebland said:

I often tell people who drop litter to pick it up. Most of the time they do, surprisingly. I haven't been hit yet. But it's only a matter of time.

I fond saying "excuse me you've just dropped a fiver" and when they stop and look down I say "oh sorry it's just a bit of rubbish".

Usually shames people into picking it up.

• Like 2

I travel to just north of Newark every day - A46 & then A1.  I don't really have a problem with lorries overtaking each other at basically the same speed.  They are foot to the floor the whole time & if they slow down at all, it takes them around 2 hours to get back up to speed.   I say that, but I do fvcking mind when I leave here at 4.45am & there's nothing else on the A46 except for 2 lorries side by side for the next 5 miles.

The A1 is still pretty busy at 5.30am by the time I get to it - mostly lorries.  The return trip is horrible though in the afternoon.  90% of traffic must be lorries.  I'm sure it would be quicker to close one side of the A1 & lay train lines for freight.  Open up a single carriageway the other side restricted just for cars & a minimum speed limit of 65mph.  And definitely nobody over the age of 60 in a 1.0 litre Hyundai/Jazz/Micra/Yaris/other toy cars.

On 17/09/2019 at 12:03, Tuna said:

Horrible stretch of the road that.   Some of the junctions joining the carriageway are quite short and obstructed so you do get multiple cars suddenly joining the carriageaway quite a bit. 

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A flashing light from a speed camera at the junction of Narborough Road and Fullhurst Avenue really naffed me off on Monday.

Just waiting for a letter to drop through the door telling me off and costing me a fair few quid.

Think I was doing 37. The law's the law etc.

:facepalm:

I thought that was a traffic signal camera, rather than a speed camera? Unless they've changed it! What the lights were when you went through will probably educate me on that one.

12 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I thought that was a traffic signal camera, rather than a speed camera? Unless they've changed it! What the lights were when you went through will probably educate me on that one.

Yeah they've upgraded a few around the city to do both.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/theres-new-secret-speed-camera-2348431

• Like 1