Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

Really don't see how people are expecting him to score 20 goals next season when he has done nothing to prove that he's capable of even double figures yet.

Agree with this. 20 goals is an absolutely enormous ask. Only two players in the entire division managed it last season.

I reckon he'll get about 8 goals simply because he's not even a guaranteed starter yet. The ability is there but I really do think Okazaki will be ahead of him in the reckoning, before he eventually replaces Ulloa.

It's a real headache for Pearson.

It's a real headache for Pearson.

really ?  was there a correlation between jamie's return to form and the fact that he had lost his place to krama ?

having several decent strikers should mean we are never without one in form and able to rotate to keep them fresh if needs be

The beginning of the campaign, I expect our big buys, to be involved from the kick off, so I see Kram, Ulloa, Shinji getting top

game time, with Vardy also in the mix. This coming season needs to be a kram season.

Don't think he's the strongest striker on our books, but his ball play can be second-to-none.

Perhaps we need Steve Howard's help, to get Kramaric some decent aerial ability/barging techniques.  :P

I'm expecting him to be our topscorer next season,

He showed glimpses of what he can do in very difficult circumstance last year. Now with a full pre-season behind him and a few months adapting to the league I think he could hit the ground running,

Him, Vardy and Okazaki are going to be tremendous

• 4 months later...

Does anybody else find this guy like a comfort blanket? I'd be absolutely gutted if we lost him even though he's done absolutely jack **** since he's been here...

I really hope he gets a goal soon.

He's useless. Lightweight, one paced and not good enough, next time he scores will be in another league.

Does anybody else find this guy like a comfort blanket? I'd be absolutely gutted if we lost him even though he's done absolutely jack **** since he's been here...

I really hope he gets a goal soon.

He'll have to get on the pitch for that to happen.

He's not taken his chance when he got it, like Fuchs and Simpson did, and in some ways Ulloa.

I think his time is up with us, he'll be off in January - probably on loan because of wages.

He'll have to get on the pitch for that to happen.

He's not taken his chance when he got it, like Fuchs and Simpson did, and in some ways Ulloa.

I think his time is up with us, he'll be off in January - probably on loan because of wages.

Fuchs and Simpson got it with the full team, I'd like to see Kramaric get that same chance but I understand why he hasn't

Fuchs and Simpson got it with the full team, I'd like to see Kramaric get that same chance but I understand why he hasn't

Kramaric got plenty of chances with the full team last season, and wasnt put in the side this year as a result of him not taking his chance.

Kramaric got plenty of chances with the full team last season, and wasnt put in the side this year as a result of him not taking his chance.

yeah as the loan striker when Pearson was at his defensive worst, don't try and compare the team then to now they are completely different in style and tactics

I still feel he will be a very good striker for us, and would like him to start this weekend at home to watford to see him and Vardy playing together. 

If he still not starting our matches by christmas, I Would like a loan move for him in January, playing cup matches is not enough for him to gain his confidence. Cant see him getting in our team at moment and with Euros coming up he will be needing to play. A good loan move, and if he plays well at Euros then his price will go up for us as well. 

Agreed he looks a bit lightweight at moment, hopefully seeing how Jamie Vardy has improved this year can push Kramaric to improve as well. 

Maybe a loan move to someone like Bournemouth or Norwich, still in prem and he should get more matches there, then when he returns next year he will have at least a few months of prem football. Or Celtic, just so he can get some goals and confidence. 

yeah as the loan striker when Pearson was at his defensive worst, don't try and compare the team then to now they are completely different in style and tactics

But he looked weak, slow and technically poor.

In the cup games this season he looked like he belonged at Bury's level.

Kramaric is sounding like the great "Gunnerbee". Most every comment you read about him is about his "potential" and what he "could do" with those "silky skills".

Sadly football is littered with fancy Dans who didn't quite apply their abilities to the singular concept of attacking football which is scoring and creating goals.

At lower levels players have time and space to look like footballing maestros. At Premiership level you basically get one or two touches and defenders with attitude so close they can pinch the air you're inhaling.

Some have the determination and speed of mind to cope with that. Others are soon forgotten. Kramaric seems to be standing at a crossroads and in great danger of being wiped out. Cos what matters is what he does not how good he looks trying to do it.

They only got them with the full team because they performed with the reserves first.  Same goes for Ulloa, all three performed very well in the cup game against West Ham. Unfortunately Kramaric will be remembered for a god awful chip in that game.

I'd put him out on loan to find the net and some confidence. To do that though we need to ensure we have cover as two injuries to forwards would be a bit of a bleak situation. I'm not ready to judge him yet. I remember a player called Kane who came to city and looked bang average in the Championship.

I'd put him out on loan to find the net and some confidence. To do that though we need to ensure we have cover as two injuries to forwards would be a bit of a bleak situation. I'm not ready to judge him yet. I remember a player called Kane who came to city and looked bang average in the Championship.

I think he'll get a chance. Ranieri said he didn't know who the best partner for Vardy was, next game we saw Ulloa come in. At some point he's going to get a chance, unless Ranieri thinks he's utter bobbins.

Ultimately, if he can't force his way into the team while Okazaki and Ulloa aren't convincing, it means he's not fit for our style.

This would feel a little odd as our scouting network seem to do their homework well and with the amount being spent in the given situation, you'd have expected him to be an integral part of the squad.

Of course, with Ranieri came change of our striker deployment which may have harmed Kram's chances.

My guess is that his best chance of featuring is if (God forbid) Vardy gets injured...

Kramaric is sounding like the great "Gunnerbee". Most every comment you read about him is about his "potential" and what he "could do" with those "silky skills".

Sadly football is littered with fancy Dans who didn't quite apply their abilities to the singular concept of attacking football which is scoring and creating goals.

At lower levels players have time and space to look like footballing maestros. At Premiership level you basically get one or two touches and defenders with attitude so close they can pinch the air you're inhaling.

Some have the determination and speed of mind to cope with that. Others are soon forgotten. Kramaric seems to be standing at a crossroads and in great danger of being wiped out. Cos what matters is what he does not how good he looks trying to do it.

Perfect summary.

He needs to get a game (reserves, training, loan, wherever) and score with one touch and a snap shot. If it works, he might learn to be more direct and really become the player we hope he'll be.

Remember Vardy had the pace and directness, and learnt the touch and finesse over two seasons and more. Kram appears to have things the other way round: he'll never be as quick, but if he learns to attack faster he could make the transformation. If he waits until we learn to appreciate him as is, he'll never do it.

He might have come half a season too late to make it with us, which would be a shame, but we can't afford to play him into form. Doubtless he'll make it somewhere, and if he does with someone else it won't be bad management, just bad timing.

Archived