Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nelbert

i still cannot get my head around it champions

I kind of forgot about it for a few days (yeah right) so needed to watch that Lineker program again last night.

Balled my eyes out again lol. Really wish I could re live some of the celebrations throughout and at the end of the season.

I think it might never fully sink in.  Maybe if we won it again it might.  I'm sure if we had been battling at the top for a few seasons and then won the title it would sink in, but to come from where we were to win the title is difficult to comprehend.

Guest MattP

Still hasn't sank in here yet, I have no idea when it will do.

There are so many teams in the league around our "size" and we were the ones lucky enough to smash the mould and win the league at 5,000-1 in the greatest sporting story ever told.

The magnitude of it might never actually sink in.

Still hasn't sank in here yet, I have no idea when it will do.

There are so many teams in the league around our "size" and we were the ones lucky enough to smash the mould and win the league at 5,000-1 in the greatest sporting story ever told.

The magnitude of it might never actually sink in.

For sure it never will.

I remember reading that the human mind is incapable of truly understanding infinity. You can add 'Leicester City winning the league' to that now.

Agree with others, it's seems like it's not real can't get my head around still, 1 of X amount of teams to win the title and it's my team, who never had a chance in hell before the season started.

I hope they all stay next season could be even more special.

I play a funny Dutch game called korfball

It's not 'funny', certainly obscure though. Good on you. My half brother used to Captain the Welsh International team. Great game.

Anyone else keep looking at the pictures of players lifting the trophy and perceiving the image as some other team and players? Its really weird, even though this is my team and is something I've dreamt of happening all of my life, I don't seem to be able to comprehend the reality of the situation.

Whenever anyone used to ask me where I was from, all I ever got was "where?"

Now, I say Leicester, and I can see the moment it hits people. They don't even need to ask if I'm a Leicester fan, it's just bizarre. Everyone wants to talk about us and praise us. Never, ever again will anyone take the piss out of me for who I support, because we have achieved possibly the most unbelievable achievement in sport history. 

Every time it comes up I just beam. It's amazing.

I was going through border control at Hong Kong/China via train the other day and the passport inspector saw birthplace Leicester, smiled and said "Champions".

Bizarre.

No it will NEVER sink in.

Did Wes Morgan...I repeat Wes Morgan..NOT John Terry...NOT Wayne Rooney NOT Vincent Company but our Wesley Morgan who we got from Forest for peanuts really LIFTED THE PREMIER LEAGUE TROPHY??!!!

Nope...sorry...he couldn't have!!!

Guest MattP

I'm watching the beeb/Lineker doc again after a few.

Nothing still sinks in, but tears already and this is before Xmas..

Vardy v Liverpool just went in, just ****ing enjoy guys. We'll never do anything like this again.

Up the City, love you all x

This won't sink in until we become a yo yo club again which hopefully will not happen for a long long time. I just think of all the great teams that have won the league and to put ours near it is special. Reckon we can get to the knockout stages of the CL, and after that who knows. 

This is the kind of thing you watch another team do and think 'why can't that ever be us?'.

At 5000/1 though the bookies really made a **** up with that. I felt at the start of the season we were easily as good as stoke and west brom and other mid table teams, what were their odds?

Anyone remember the stoke fans coming on telling us it would take years to reach their level, lol, I always thought they made hard work of finally hitting mid table.

This is the kind of thing you watch another team do and think 'why can't that ever be us?'.

At 5000/1 though the bookies really made a **** up with that. I felt at the start of the season we were easily as good as stoke and west brom and other mid table teams, what were their odds?

Anyone remember the stoke fans coming on telling us it would take years to reach their level, lol, I always thought they made hard work of finally hitting mid table.

I think 5000/1 was about right. Looking back West Brom were 5000/1 and Stoke were around 1500/1. 

Archived