Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

The National media will try to drag us down....

Yes. We will probably now spend a lot of time under more scrutiny. As befits our current profile.

Unfortunately tho it says more about society in general and what the buyers of the red tops want to read than it does about out players.

just a subconscious conspiracy - City really don't suit the rag writers. they prefer the clique of big spenders - paying 30m for a player is always going to be more newsworthy than paying 400k. so let them get on with it. the football we play is the newsworthy part. 

So the tabloids have never done stories about big team players like Rooney,Giggs or Gerrard?

There was a lot of Media and so called experts that were waiting for us to fail this season too until it became quite clear we were going to win it or get very close, not sure why it's such a surprise that they will try it again.

Look at this shite:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/518936/Leicester-City-Jeffrey-Schlupp-arrives-court-days-after-celebration-Aylesbury

This sells papers? Then again what sort of pondlife reads the star anyhow!

Depends how it is looked at Simpson got hammered on here for beating a woman.

Had it not been in the press who would have known.

Schlupp has bailed a woman beater mate says a little about him as a person.

I would have let the cvnt rot.

Oh what sort of pondlife do read the star?

You tell us you must have been on the website.

Else how did you get the link to post it lol lol lol

I trained to be a journalist after I left Uni (I naively thought it was all about writing for a living). I've worked with a number of journalists (albeit at a very large regional paper, not a national one) and they were ruthless to a degree that would take your breath away. Some of them are pure evil, seriously.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How can it be a case of building us up and knocking us down?

We were the best team in the Premier League and consolidated that fact by winning it, then, consolidated it again with the dismantling of Everton - despite being tired and partied out - and finally, the 10 point margin we forged in the eventual table standings. Not like Man City (under Mancini) who could only win on GD because Utd screwed it up. That was not a convincing PL title win for them yet nobody holds it against them. Or the fact they had to buy the PL title and still were unconvincing??!

I've always thought that addage/phrase was used more as distraction tactic for people - sportsmen/women who simply were'nt good enough when their potentially defining moment arrived, then were rightfully criticised for being overrated, etc. We were'nt just good enough, we won the league by one of the biggest margins in years - nobody can take that away from us.

The hate is from the glory hunter sheep that hang on every word and action of the "Big Clubs" and jealous insiders who lost money because they sponsor the "Big Clubs" in one way or another.

Shows how little truth there is in that Star one they think Jeff is on 80k a week lol

Actually think this is the case, after all last season he was our player of the season and there was rumoured interest from Arsenal which I think led to a bumper new contract. Hard to remember now after the season we've had...

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/leicester-city-salaries/

Archived